Firewood Vaporizer

Darr1

I've got one sitting in the basket with international shipping , just trying to work out extra customs charged before completing the order

Darr1,

bluesith

If only shipping as a gift was an option lol. I'll have a look too as I'm interested as well see who can figure it out.

Edit , I think £42 approximately , however trying to find the correct answer is a nightmare .

Last edited:

bluesith

What type of wood are you going for and finished or unfinished ? The red one that's sold out looks ace

bluesith,

bluesith

I kinda like that too . The 5c or 5s tho

the more I look at the walnut ,. The better it looks.

Last edited by a moderator:
bluesith,

ohmygodimsohigh

Thanks for sharing my video! You beat me to it!
I also put together an written version of the Firewood 5 review that contains a few more pics and vape comparisons.
How do u think FW5 compares to Ghost MV1?

Phew, tough one.
In terms of vapor, the MV1 produces a richer and more potent vapor. The crucible holds considerably more and the MV1 also has a lot more convection power. The MV1 vapor is also cooler and smoother feeling.

FW5 has an awesome user interface that's quick and easy to load and unload. Although I'm finding that I usually only fill 3 bowls because flipping the loading tray around with weed in it tends to make a mess.

Brewervapesalot

My feelings are biased because my MV1's (literally 5 replacements) had defects they readily replaced. But at times I got very good results before issues, e.g., overheating, took over.

That said, the FW5 gets me just as high just as quick. Maybe two FW5 chambers equals one MV1 crucibles, but I vape five FW5 chambers easily with much less fuss than two or three MV1 crucibles.

The main differences that tip the scale way in favor of the FW5 are:

1. Ease of use. The thing just works. No weird lights or heatsink seals or finicky crucibles with lids that need cleaning EVERY crucible. The FW5 design of drawing heat down (rather than up through a lid that clogs ridiculously easy) is just better. Moreover, changing heat settings takes about 2 seconds on the FW5. The MV1 is obnoxious on changing settings or getting the App to sync. Hated it on that point.

2. Cleaning. It's basically optional to clean a FW5 for a LONG TIME and it works GREAT still. The MV1 is like an annoying girlfriend that wont do anything unless everything is perfect. That means cleaning everything very often, or having 5 heat sinks and 20 crucibles, and cleaning that mass of crap every few days.

3. Portability. Not even close. MV1 is a desktop unit. My Cloud Evo blows it away if I want to be at home and use a vape. The FW5 with an extra battery and extra tray or two is good all night and all fits comfortably in one pocket.

4. Cost. Buy two FW5's for the cost of one MV1 package, basically. Paying for MV1 batteries and fast charger is total rip off. FW5 crushes MV1 on that point.

5. Clouds. MV1 does not make bigger clouds. Both are about the same. Neither is a Cloud Evo, but you can get close.

6. Vapor quality. Neither is as good as say a Firefly 2, but the difference in taste or clouds is subjective preference, and not objectively different. The MV1 might have cooler vapor, but the FW5 has cool vapor even on high and the difference is marginal.

7. Looks. The MV1 is terrible looking. My wife hated it. Both the look and the sound it makes, eeeeeeeeeeeeehhh.... totally lacks sex appeal. I mean the FW5 is not as cool looking as a Pax 2, but the natural wood look never goes out of style and it's at least silent....

All and all, I like both vapes.

But I returned my MV1 for a refund and bought two FW5's and in no way regret that decision.

OyVape

I have the FW4. Has anyone figured out a mod to keep the tiny screens from falling out and/or shifting around? They invariably allow little pieces of material to fall into the heater.

Vapeur Rogue

Est. 2013- Never Lookin' Back
I have the FW4. Has anyone figured out a mod to keep the tiny screens from falling out and/or shifting around? They invariably allow little pieces of material to fall into the heater.

I just got my not so grubby lil' paws on my very own FW4! Twill be my 3d FW model now I truly love Marc's work, as asthetically, I think this is my favorite!
Squeeking in my head so as not to distress the fuzzballs resting within earshot. Thanks for bringing this up- if I chance upon a fix, I'll be sure to post.

Vapeur Rogue,
Reactions: RUDE BOY
Top Bottom