1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Firewood Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Bouldorado, Apr 21, 2013.

1. newVaper420

newVaper420 Vapor Enthusiast

My VAS is getting the better of me. I'm on the hunt. I have a Mighty and a Grasshopper already, but man this Firewood 4 is looking really really really nice :-).

I love the on demand convection that this thing provides. I may have to get one :-)

Hjalmark likes this.
  2. Hjalmark

Hjalmark Well-Known Member

Have the exact same predicament with the Firewood 4

Its just so damn pretty and find it to be the nicest looking vape out there .. also heard it's very functional

newVaper420 likes this.
  3. moondog

moondog It's an obsession but it's pleasin'

Can't imagine how you would be disappointed. With my FW4 and my GH I have not had any VAS in many months. And not because I'm not looking. I check out new units all the time and I don't see anything to distract me from my two portables (which I also use at home unless I have multiple guests).

And the way Marc handled his recent recall is proof positive that you will receive excellent customer service.

Allow me to be the little devil on your shoulder whispering "GO for it" in your ear. :evil:

rogrog, vapen00b, newVaper420 and 2 others like this.
  4. alex91

alex91 New Member

Hi, I'd like to add a stealthy on demand battery replaceable vaporizer to my collection and I'm torn between the GH Ti and the Firewood 4. I already own the SBJr, OmniVap Ti and a Mighty. How would you compare both? And which one you think fits better in my collection?

Thanks.

Hjalmark likes this.
  5. moondog

moondog It's an obsession but it's pleasin'

Welcome, Alex.

Can't speak to how these would fit into your collection since I don't have any experience with any of them. But I don't know that you would go wrong with either.

The GH makes its name as the king of stealth due to its form factor. But the LED indicator is a pretty bright beacon in a dark space such as a theater or club. This is dealt with pretty easily by having your hand cupped around the section where the lights appear, but the first time I used it in a theater I was taken by surprise. There's also the matter of the loud "click" of the on/off button. Not a real problem once the movie or music has started, but it could draw attention in quiet circumstances. But being able to go from cold to reaching temp, taking your draw, and having the GH off and back in your pocket in 30 secs is pretty darn sweet.

The big downside is the reliability. Things are definitely improving in that area but still a concern for some. My SS hopper has been in for 5 warranty repairs. I don't think my TI has had to return to CO since I got it. But it's a lifetime warranty and the process is pretty painless (if you live in the US where the shipping charges you must pay to get it there are minimal.)

In some ways the FW4 is even more stealthy than the GH because although it's bigger than the GH, it is easily palmed. There are no LEDs to give you away and all feedback as to on/off status, temp, and readiness is through haptic feedback. The FW's user-replaceable 18650s give it a leg-up on the GHs proprietary-sized batteries and the FW's battery life (loads per battery charge) is much better than the hopper's.

The FW's capsule system is also better for extended forays from home. Much easier to swap FW capsules than empty and reload the GH chamber if you're out and about.

Marc's CS for the FW is excellent. The way he handled his recent recall gives me complete confidence in him as a manufacturer/vendor.

I love my hoppers but I wanted a portable that gave me the same convectional (yes, that's a word because I say so) goodness without the spectre of state-of-the-art tech (as in the hopper) failing. The FW fills that bill for me perfectly.

I'm really happy to have them both and as I mentioned in a previous post, I haven't had the slightest stirrings of VAS since I got them.

In the end, I think you need them both. :evil:

rogrog, friedrich, alex91 and 4 others like this.
  6. XiolaOne

XiolaOne Firewood 4

Sent my FW4 in to get fixed on 8/28 and was hoping it would be waiting for me when I got home today from my beach vacation but it wasn't meant to be. Been sucking on a vape pen for 2 weeks and really want some flower now

Hjalmark and muunch like this.
  7. ohmygodimsohigh

ohmygodimsohigh Well-Known Member

My FW4 has returned, so I vaped 4 capsules in a row to make sure it still worked.

Click to play YouTube Video

rogrog and Hjalmark like this.
  8. Mr Mellish

Mr Mellish Well-Known Member

Sacrifice because...SCIENCE!

ohmygodimsohigh and Hjalmark like this.
  9. muunch

muunch hotboxing the cockpit

So apparently my unit had trouble being repaired (RIP @djchexxx lol :huh:) but I'll have a replacement in the mail tomorrow.

1 week turnaround in the midst of the recall still...

Awesome. Can't wait to have a FW4 in my rotation again.

Hjalmark, djchexxx and KidFated. like this.
  10. KidFated.

KidFated. We Don't Even Live Here..

Damn he sure takes care of his crew!

RUDE BOY and muunch like this.
  11. muunch

muunch hotboxing the cockpit

Well, a bit shorter than that, if I'm being honest.

I sent it back to him last Tuesday, and he'll be sending a new one back to me exactly one week later...

So a little bit better. :)

I still have a loaded capsule that I was about to use before my unit started spazzing on me lol, wonder how bad it'll vape once I get this new one in... :ninja:

Hjalmark, djchexxx and RUDE BOY like this.
  12. ohmygodimsohigh

ohmygodimsohigh Well-Known Member

hahaha
    Man, when mine died I had one full capsule too.
    I remember thinking about saving it too

Hjalmark likes this.
  13. CarboxylicAcid

CarboxylicAcid Member

Finally got my Firewood back from the recall (I sent it in pretty late, wanted to see what the fix was and how it might have affected the unit). Does this thing hit harder now or have I just been without it for that long? Either way I'm so happy, this thing is my favorite. In the interim I got myself a Rove battery and some cartridges at a dispensary on a first-time deal. I'm not sure how the build quality and price of the battery compares to others because I'm totally new to concentrates and vape pens, but damn is that thing convenient. And strong.

Still, nothing beats vaping herb for me, glad this whole thing worked out smoothly. Anyone reading this on the fence about getting a Firewood 4, do it. Marc is a great guy with an amazing product, and you'd be supporting someone who clearly works hard and cares about his customers.

Hjalmark, KidFated. and moondog like this.
  14. im not a robot

im not a robot New Member

hi - is there anyone here who owns both the firewood & the tubo? i am really torn between these two, and i am far from an experienced vaper.. i tried the mighy, loved it, but i am sure a session vape is not for me. after quite a haul of research i feel it is coming down to these two. i know the tubo allows for more precise temp control, also seems more powerful, whereas the firewood is much more portable. both good points. but how would these two compare in terms of vapor quality? harshness? ease of use? thanks a lot, i reallly appreciate all the help i can get..!

Hjalmark likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors