Firewood Vaporizer

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
damn, i don't like how you knew that. Yeah small rattle sound.

Sorry to shock you: it's broken. But see the good thing: I had that too and can advice you to contact Marc. It's likely that the board/controller (or something like that) got loose. If you shake it or put it upside down and tapping it, you could move that inner thing around and even block the button from inside. Impossible to properly turn it on. I had some funky stuff going on when repeatingly pressing the button in short intervals. Randomly I could start the heater by pressing and holding (just like a Milaana) to make it glow .. Weird. But no problem.
He'll have you covered!

Last edited:

woahbackup

Sorry to shock you: it's broken. But see the good thing: I had that too and can advice you to contact Marc. It's likely that the board/controller (or something like that) got loose. If you shake it or put it upside down and tapping it, you could move that inner thing around and even block the button from inside. Impossible to properly turning on. I had some funky stuff going on when repeatingly pressing the button in short intervals. Randomly I could start the heater by pressing and holding (just like a Milaana) to make it glow .. Weird. But no problem.
He'll have you covered!
Ahhh this is not what I wanted to hear :( literally just got it. I'll see what he can do.

woahbackup,
Reactions: vapen00b

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Ahhh this is not what I wanted to hear :( literally just got it. I'll see what he can do.

Sorry mate, if your story is like that you're gonna get a replacement soon.
I'm an international - you know how hard that hit me? I ve had it for 2 minutes,,:(
and knew how long it would gonna take to get a working one. Feel your pain!
Marc was super fast and sent my replacement as soon as I sent him the tracking ID. If you're in the US he'll send you a return label IIRC. He's a great guy and you're gonna be fine! :)

Contact him via PM or mail him:
service@firewoodvapes.com

Kuda

@woahbackup Sorry to hear that! And the same to you @vapen00b. "I'm international" too, from Spain. Good thing to know that Marc sent you the replacement as soon as you sent him the tracking ID! It's a good customer service. Another positive thing is that it's always better to have problems soon, that after a few months of use or worse, when warranty expires!
Best wishes.

Kuda

@ArthurJ Could you tell me about which kind of grinder for FW do you recommend? 2-pieces, 4-pieces... I have no idea about grinders but I read a lot that with FF2 for example, it's better to use 4-pieces grinder... Maybe for FW a specific one is better than other.
My FW4 is already in Spain! I think I will receive it soon.:rockon:

Thanks in advance.

Kuda,
Reactions: muunch

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
How many pieces/chambers it has doesn't matter as much as how fine or coarse it grinds the material. The FW4 like most other convection vaporizers favors a grind that's more coarse than it is fine. I was initially using a 2pc mendo mulcher which ground my herb up too fine. Got a 4pc ID super weapon 2 and it's a perfect grind for all my convection devices.

Kuda

How many pieces/chambers it has doesn't matter as much as how fine or coarse it grinds the material. The FW4 like most other convection vaporizers favors a grind that's more coarse than it is fine. I was initially using a 2pc mendo mulcher which ground my herb up too fine. Got a 4pc ID super weapon 2 and it's a perfect grind for all my convection devices.
Thank you!

Kuda,

Kuda

I've just recived my FW4 right now in the mail! I'm sorry, I'm so excited about it that I had to share it here. I hope I could try it this afternoon.

The shipping was very fast, so if you're from outside US like me, don't worry about this. It took 5 days only!:
February 22, 2017 , 7:04 am Arrival at Post Office SPAIN -----> and to my home!
February 21, 2017 , 2:36 pm Processed Through Facility SPAIN
February 18, 2017 , 2:15 pm Processed Through Facility ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
February 18, 2017 , 12:22 pm Arrived at USPS Facility JAMAICA, NY 11430
February 18, 2017 , 12:22 pm Arrived at Facility ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
February 17, 2017 , 5:49 pm Shipment Accepted WELLESLEY, MA 02482
February 17, 2017 Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item
I chose the wax buff one and it's beautiful and very light! All the weight is on the battery. I have a really small hands (fortunately with thin long fingers :rofl:) and it fits perfect.

I shaked it just in case for the problem with power button that you said, and it seems to make no sound, but I couldn't switch it on for now.

I hope it does work well on-demand and not only in session.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
The unit should turn on automatically when you put the battery in the correct way unless something has changed since Nov

muunch,

Kuda

The unit should turn on automatically when you put the battery in the correct way unless something has changed since Nov
Thanks @muunch. I'm sorry, I didn't explain it well. I mean that I couldn't try it for now. I've a little problem with charger US plug, hahaha. I thought I had an universar adapter at home, but I don't, so I have to get them to load the LG HG2 battery and try the vaporizer! :doh:

Kuda,

feury

Ive had the Firewood for a few months now and decided to drop in and leave some pics and a few words.
Since day 1 of getting this device ive been very happy with results. I also own a Enano so was hoping for a solid portable convection vape. Saw the FW3 and grabbed one while i still sit and wait for my GH lol (what a joke) I use it daily while out and about and gets me through the day til i get home no probs.
By now theres been alot of reviews and info on this device so wont go into great detail. Bottom line is i love the FW3. The biggest con would have to be Vape temp and the Draw technology is a tad skechey at times.... But after u get a good system/technique in place... those cons become less of an issue for sure. Heres some pics of the Firewood out and about on some trail walks. Cheers

do you ever miss the enano when you not at home? I mean does the FW gets you as high as the enano? I use a pax1 when not at home and it is not satisfaying I always want to rush home to hit the nano

I own both the enano and fw3...i like the combo alot. The fw3 is a great on the go option to using the nano at home. Ive hit a handful of portable convection vapes. And the fw3 stands up to most of them in all around exp. It has its draw backs(vape temp and draw sense is sketchy @ times) but become less relevant as u learn a technique that works for u. As well as try the stem extentions that have been shared on the thread if the vape gets to hot for your style. All in all... its a great device well worth the 145-65....compared to Crafty and Firefly prices. Cheers

does the FW gets you same effect as the enano does? or is it lacking?

Last edited by a moderator:
feury,

davesmith

Glass Blower
How come everything on th fw website is out of stock? Contemplating a second had fw4 but just wondering about accessories cheers

davesmith,

Easywider

Simple is the way
Where are Canadians getting batteries for the FW4? US places don't seem to ship here. I know Amazon has them, but with the amount of fakes, and the consequences of getting one, I'd rather find a reliable seller.
Thanks

I've ordered batteries from canvape.ca for about 4 years now, good prices authentic batteries.

Kuda

I was trying my FW4 yesterday in the evening and the vapor wasn't harsh or too hot in my throat at all!! I think the cooling unit works does a very good job! The dispositive itself heats up fast but yo can hold it without problems and it cools down quite fast. I'm happy about buying the FW instead the GH in my case, because I could feel the glass stem heating up in my lips and it wasn't unpleasant :) but I suppose that if it was hotter like GH it'll be a problem for me.

However, as I'm a newbie as I only was able of producing a very little vapor. I started in temperature 1 and switching up every 2 hits or 3, until temperature 3. I played with strength and speed of my draw and I could get 2 vapor hits, but not a great thing. It doesn't matter because I felt the flavour and I realized that I was inhaling perfectly. Yesterday I wasn't in pain, and I haven't real dry herbs, so I vaporized CBD (7-8%) only dry herbs, more typically used for infusions :rofl:, and at least I got very relaxed, like I had taken a diazepam pill, but without all the ugly side effects.

Sorry for writing too much these days providing rather little information, but I'd accept any advice about vaping with FW4 more efficiently. I'm afraid about knowing when a capsule is done and if I still vapeing I'll be combusting. I don't want to combust the herb and inhale toxins :uhoh:. I'll be reading all the information here and in reddit.

@ArthurJ santa cruz shredder looks so nice... but for now I can't afford it after the FW 4 investment :rofl:I'll have to settle for a cheaper one for now. I had a grinder card only, but today I'll buy a grinder in a grow shop which is nearby.

Best wishes.

Lookatmeglow

I seem to have a bad case of VAS
VAS is kicking me again, a FW4 is on my way!

I was a FW1.0&2.1 customer but missed the FW3, I'm happy to join the Firewood club again!

How did you like the 2.1? I always loved the look of that one in particular. Saving up for a ebonized one myself.

Lookatmeglow,

ArthurJ

Hey @Kuda, sometimes I like to take my first draw at 4, to kind of jump-start the unit then step the temp down to 2 for a couple of draws and step up to 3 for a few draws and maybe finish it off at 4.

I have never combusted with this unit but I think it's possible if you ride it too long at level 4, so I try not to do that.

You should also try it without the cooling unit and see if you like that.

Shieldsab

My FW4 is likely delivered today. Unfortunately, my batteries don't get here till Monday. And unless the delivery is late, I'll have to wait till Tuesday to go pick them up.
Oh well. I'd rather have the FW get here early than the batteries.

Shieldsab,
Reactions: XiolaOne

Kuda

Hey @Kuda, sometimes I like to take my first draw at 4, to kind of jump-start the unit then step the temp down to 2 for a couple of draws and step up to 3 for a few draws and maybe finish it off at 4.

I have never combusted with this unit but I think it's possible if you ride it too long at level 4, so I try not to do that.

You should also try it without the cooling unit and see if you like that.

Thanks for the advice! I'll try it for sure!

For now, although the vapor is almost invisible for me except for maybe two draws with a little cloud thing hehe, I can feel it and love the vaporizer! I'm not an expert, I know, but for a newbie it seems easy to use and I think it satisfies my needs: heathy convection heating, on-demand use, discretion, small size for my hands, not too hot or harsh irritating vapor... I've never vaporice cannabis until now and for me the vapor flavour is a little weird and funny. First two draws are herbally scented, and next ones are like some kind of toasted nut or corn. Am I crazy? :shrug: Maybe this isn't the thread to talk about flavour and taste in general. I apologize in advance.

Top Bottom