Firewood Vaporizer

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I definitely see what you're saying but I don't know how I could make it any more flush.

This is also a unit that Marc said he would not sell, which is why I got it as a replacement. Working even better than before. I just wish there was a wooden tube for the CU instead of the glass. It gets super hot :(

muunch,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
I definitely see what you're saying but I don't know how I could make it any more flush.

This is also a unit that Marc said he would not sell, which is why I got it as a replacement. Working even better than before. I just wish there was a wooden tube for the CU instead of the glass. It gets super hot :(
After how many hits does your CU get hot. Are you hitting it how it looks in your pictures with the glass extended?

paytonpenn,
Reactions: vapen00b

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Yeah, I extended it. It can get hot in one hit if I'm not pulling fast enough. I guess it could be my lack of technique. I've only put like 4 capsules through so far, need to keep messing around.

I only boosted 1 temp lvl, will maybe try 2 again but I like to stick to low 1/2 and hop to 4 just to kill the capsule.

I'm using the technique described a few pages back, with the short puffs to heat up the capsule. It gets hot after letting it heat up for 3s,then taking 3 .5 second puffs to draw heat into capsule. After this, when I'm drawing as normal, the glass gets p hot. Haven't been able to get my abv dark enough for my liking yet but I need to try drier material and a finer grind I think

Wood would be nice just because though

Would a MFLB stem work? Not sure if it's the same size and my MFLB is a few states away right now so I can't check

Last edited:

Gettinbetter

@muunch keep trying things until you find your sweet spot. Drier is definitely going to help if it is really moist flower. Also, keep playing with the inhale. There are times I think I'm doing it right but then I try again and get the hit I was expecting. I loose pack mine around 3/4 to all the way full by scooping the bud from my hand. I use a Santa Cruz Shredder for my grind.

Gettinbetter,

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I use a 2piece mendo mulcher, grind pretty fine, pour into a folder paper and scoop up from there. I lightly tamp with my finger.

Definitely need drier material but still good, I'm able to get clouds on lv1, and I also removed any boosting as it's totally fine without.

Maybe my lips are sensitive but the glass of the CU does get hot enough to bother me so will see if there's a way to use something else

muunch,

XiolaOne

Firewood 4
Here is a quick review after having the device for a week. Background on me is I smoke 99% of the time by myself on my couch watching football or a movie. I come from an old school dugout which fits perfectly as every 2-3 hits I would reload it with another fresh load of material. It's quick and easy and is what I was looking for in my first vape.

Initial thoughts is the device is very small and delicate due to it's size and lack of weight. After having it for a week I no longer feel it's delicate.

Capsule system - I have no issue with the capsule system or the screen moving around. At first I felt the capsule was too small but as I can usually get where I want to be in just 2 hits, this is not an issue. I break up my material by hand and pack it it about 2/3 full with a light tamping down if any material is sticking up above the opening. I can get about 3-4 hits this way though I'm still experimenting with it. Another plus to the capsule system is the material never actually gets inside the unit itself so it never gets dusty or dirty.

Battery -I've done about 10 hits so far on a mixture of heat level 2 and 3 and battery charge has only dropped down to 3 buzzes. Battery life will be more than enough for me.

Cons:
I am not a fan of the very small tube. Not sure if it's the tube or the way the heater is designed but I hate how slow of a draw you have to take. I could not see using this device moving around as I almost run out of breath just sitting on the couch. Took me several tries to slow my inhale enough to where I could get good vapor. Would a bigger tube help with this? Even if it won't help, I think a fatter tube would still be easier and more comfortable to use. Anyone know where I could buy a glass or wood stem to use in place of the cooling unit?

BadDog No

@XiolaOne: I find the silicone mouthpiece alone is not too hot and fine for "out and about", but for home use I use an improvised mouthpiece. Any 14mm female piece of glass should work, I'm using a 14/18 DDave cyclone bowl, but I'm sure there are more stylish options. Actually I kind of like it through glass. If you screw the silicone end into a bubbler, you can then lift the FW4 off at the end of a hit and continue pulling to clear the heat from the capsule. Useful if you're running heat levels 3 or 4 and pushing close to combustion. As always YMMV. Sounds like you're having fun, I'm sure you'll dial it in for your needs.

BadDog No,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I just tried using my jhook on a half finished capsule I had laying around... Pretty much confirms that if the CU opening was a BIT larger (the jhook opening is like 1mm wider) and didn't get hot due to proximity I would be able to take satisfying hits easier.

Of course this is all subjective and my chest congestion/cough has come back so maybe that adds to it, but the glass def gets too hot to hit after a few long draws, even on temp lv1 no boost.

Also, does the outside of unit where the heater is get super hot to touch for anyone else? Can't remember what level this was at but it wasn't alarming, but not suitable to handle til it cooled down. Could just be a con of these long draws I'm taking.

muunch,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I couldn't bare my FW2.1 heat with the stock mouthpiece, and the shell also got scorching hot near the heater. At first I was really concerned that it would char, but apparently it's alright (at least externally)

BadDog No

Anyone using the CU without the glass yet?

Not until just now. You sir a troublemaker of the highest order! Me like. OK, confession time, I used to like "kissing" my MFLB way back in the day too so this feels just like that except better in every way. ;)

EDIT: Works best of course flipped 180 from the normal travel position (IMHO).
Second EDIT: Only con I can think of is that the CU will take on a certain unmistakable fragrance much like the venerable MFLB. A second CU with glass kept for paranoid travel would take care of that. Honeymoon phase all over again...Thanks.
EDIT for folks in bad 'hoods especially. Don't be walking around holding Woodie with his CU 180. Point the wrong direction and someone's gonna react. Not saying you should paint the CU with an orange tip or anything, but it sure does look like a barrel.
EDIT And of course if you use it upside down (and are very disciplined :lol: and careful) you could go without the topscreen. Ehhh, probably best leave that for the water; too easy to screw up..

Last edited:
BadDog No,
Reactions: vapen00b

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Thanks for all your reports. My replacement unit is still somewhere on its way. Took a strange and obviously wrong turn as it had already been to my country but went overseas to the UK... (WTF..? No exact location or anything, just United Kingdom)
No status update since Dec 6. :\

vapen00b,

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Eh, using the CU native isn't too bad. Still gets kinda hot on lv1 but aside from the awkward look of kissing up on the thing, it's actually not terrible.

I'll try it switched 180 maybe, but I'm looking for a wooden stem solution, with or without CU... Would prefer with but we'll see.

muunch,

trenchkato

So I made the fw combust for the first time last night. Level 4. No temp hack. I recommend not bumping your temp. No real need to. You can control the temp a bit with how you pull. I'm just hoping the bad flavor will go away soon. It seems to be attached to the cu.

Last edited:
trenchkato,
Reactions: muunch

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
Yeah I'm realizing I can thoroughly brown a capsule on lv1/2 w no boost. I can only see myself boosting if I wanted to use concentrates

aphidii

OK, my bad then, but it still looks "off" to me.

Mine looks the same as Muunch's, the bottom always sits out and you can see the base of the battery. The bit that needs to be flush is along the front of the unit that Muunch doesn't have any pictures there of.

Alegre

Pobre payaso
thinking of boosting the temp on level 2. anyone have the instructions handy?

Credit to @Vape Dr.

If it works the same as the FW3.....

How to change Firewood 3.0 temperature settings in 7 degree increments.

• turn on the vape
  • wait until battery indicator buzzes are done
  • click the button 8 times
  • the vape will make 8 quick buzzes
  • click the button 5 times
  • the vape will make 5 quick buzzes
  • click the button between 0 and 8 times:
0 clicks = set temp shift to 0

1 click = set temp shift to approx +7 degrees F for all heat levels

2 clicks = set temp shift to approx +14 degrees F for all heat levels

3 clicks = set temp shift to approx +21 degrees F for all heat levels

4 clicks = set temp shift to approx +28 degrees F for all heat levels

5 clicks = set temp shift to approx +36 degrees F for all heat levels

6 clicks = set temp shift to approx +43 degrees F for all heat levels

7 clicks = set temp shift to approx +50 degrees F for all heat levels

8 clicks = buzz back the current temp shift setting then shut off.

BadDog No

Mine looks the same as Muunch's, the bottom always sits out and you can see the base of the battery. The bit that needs to be flush is along the front of the unit that Muunch doesn't have any pictures there of.

OK then, my double bad...;)

BadDog No,

ArthurJ

So I do my 8 clicks and get my 8 buzzes, then do the 5 clicks and get 5 buzzes and then I click it 2 more times (+14 °) and it immediately turns off.
Does that immediate turn off at the end of the process mean that I have successfully completed the temp step-up??

cannabis.pro

aka 420EDC
Accessory Maker
While we are on this topic, is there anywhere in this temp stepping process that acts as a reset for temperature control? I'd like a way to go back to factory setting in case I get lost in counting or mis-click etc.

cannabis.pro,

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
So I do my 8 clicks and get my 8 buzzes, then do the 5 clicks and get 5 buzzes and then I click it 2 more times (+14 °) and it immediately turns off.
Does that immediate turn off at the end of the process mean that I have successfully completed the temp step-up??

Yes, the shut off after your clicks means it's good.

While we are on this topic, is there anywhere in this temp stepping process that acts as a reset for temperature control? I'd like a way to go back to factory setting in case I get lost in counting or mis-click etc.

After the 8 > 5, after it mirrors your 5 clicks w 5 vibrations, just let it sit til it shuts itself off.

"0 clicks = set temp shift to 0" is what you're looking for

Top Bottom