Firewood Vaporizer

firewood

Manufacturer
@firewood what about the air flow restriction when get hot ? is this solve in the FW4 ?
The flow through the unit itself, without the mouthpiece, should be slightly better. However, it will use a similar capsule system. I think the restriction you notice is due to resins flowing towards and clogging the mp screen at high temps. Some ways to improve this by usage are to use less fine grind, less full capsule, slower draw, clean the mp screen often. To improve it through design I think I'd have to make the mouthpiece opening (and screen) wider, or use a screen with wider holes or something other than a screen. I don't really want to make the opening and capsule wider because I think that prevents small loads from working well, and anything other than a screen lets bits of plant through. I am open to suggestions if there isn't something that I am thinking of. One thing I want to try is to rig up an alternative to the mouthpiece that is basically just a glass tube protruding about a half inch from the heater with a silicone sleeve that would extend a couple mm beyond the end of the glass and would allow the unit to mate up to many pipes just by pushing the sleeve against the top rim of the pipe to form a seal. That way you'd use it almost like a lighter on a bowl. I'm not sure if this would even work, but would be pretty cool if it did. When somebody pulls out a bowl and asks for a lighter you'd be able to pass him your fw4 instead. Plus it might improve the flow ;)

Damn! I just got the 3!
When did you order? If it hasn't shipped I can cancel your order if you want to wait.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mulehead

slide_1.jpg

Thank you for listening to your customers Marc!!
You had me at the quick swappable 18650 battery!
But smaller, and more discreet?!?! And a cooling mouthpiece!!
Gotta love a manufacturer being active here on FC, listening and improving his product according to constructive feedback.
The lack of swappable batteries holds the fw3 back in my lineup.
I look forward to giving a fw4 a proper audition for a place in the starting rotation!
I'll be watching with wide eyes! :o

Splatterpop Circus

Well, I can now get reliable vapor, but only at heat 4 on temp hack 7, which seems like a problem. Do y'all think my FW might be defective, or do I just really suck at this?
Quoting myself 'cause big news dropped after my post last page (and now I really wish I'd waited to order, that cooling mouthpiece sounds way better).

Like I said it's sorta working okay but I'm not getting a very high temperature - I'd guess from the effects and the ABV that I'm getting 380f effective temp at most. That seems like it shouldn't be possible no matter how bad my technique is, am I wrong?

Splatterpop Circus,

Mr Mellish

Quoting myself 'cause big news dropped after my post last page (and now I really wish I'd waited to order, that cooling mouthpiece sounds way better).

Like I said it's sorta working okay but I'm not getting a very high temperature - I'd guess from the effects and the ABV that I'm getting 380f effective temp at most. That seems like it shouldn't be possible no matter how bad my technique is, am I wrong?

Have you checked in with @firewood ? Gotta tell you, after a brief period of ignorance, this thing has become effortless, tasty bliss.

firewood

Manufacturer

Have you tried setting level 3 with the mouthpiece out and just watching the coil to see if/how bright it glows? If you don't see a faint glow on level 3 then there may be a problem with the vape and should email service@firewoodvapes.com.

Splatterpop Circus

Have you tried setting level 3 with the mouthpiece out and just watching the coil to see if/how bright it glows? If you don't see a faint glow on level 3 then there may be a problem with the vape and should email service@firewoodvapes.com.
Thanks for the reply. At heat level 3, temp hack 1 (couldn't set it to 0 for some reason, maybe I misread the instructions) I see a slight glow lasting about 2 seconds after priming. At temp hack 7, which is where I'd been vaping at, the glow is more visible and lasts maybe three times longer. I also caught a slight, but only slight, scent of something burning while checking the coil. Should I email for service or is this just user error?

Splatterpop Circus,

Gettinbetter

The flow through the unit itself, without the mouthpiece, should be slightly better. However, it will use a similar capsule system. I think the restriction you notice is due to resins flowing towards and clogging the mp screen at high temps. Some ways to improve this by usage are to use less fine grind, less full capsule, slower draw, clean the mp screen often. To improve it through design I think I'd have to make the mouthpiece opening (and screen) wider, or use a screen with wider holes or something other than a screen. I don't really want to make the opening and capsule wider because I think that prevents small loads from working well, and anything other than a screen lets bits of plant through. I am open to suggestions if there isn't something that I am thinking of. One thing I want to try is to rig up an alternative to the mouthpiece that is basically just a glass tube protruding about a half inch from the heater with a silicone sleeve that would extend a couple mm beyond the end of the glass and would allow the unit to mate up to many pipes just by pushing the sleeve against the top rim of the pipe to form a seal. That way you'd use it almost like a lighter on a bowl. I'm not sure if this would even work, but would be pretty cool if it did. When somebody pulls out a bowl and asks for a lighter you'd be able to pass him your fw4 instead. Plus it might improve the flow ;)

When did you order? If it hasn't shipped I can cancel your order if you want to wait.
This all sounds good man! I especially like keeping the capsule small! I love my Firewood3 and these improvements are going to have me owning a 4 as well.

mnicsy999

I like butane vapes.
Just received my new microbubblers from Fasttech. Decided to go for the bulbier ones as they're able to hold more water. Haven't tried 'em out yet - but thought I'd share some pics :)
All in all about 8$ or something, shipping included.
Just attach it to the mp with some short piece of silicone tube and there you go. :)

Hope everyone is enjoying their woods :D
:peace:

UHb7lv6.jpg

h78ArOE.jpg

EDIT: sorry - I tried to scale everything down... they're still huge.. :\
Do these work well? I need one!

mnicsy999,
Reactions: vapen00b

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Do these work well? I need one!
To be honest,I haven't tried them a lot... But they both definitely add some draw restriction to the game as the bubble holes a pretty small.
I just prefer to go dry with the crafty CU and some silicone piece to connect and seal. Blows smooth clouds with taste sensation of hitting dry.

vapen00b,

hypnos

I've noticed that if I take a few hits off my FW3 in quick succession and then take off the mouthpiece, there's still vapor coming off the box. What is that?

hypnos,

vapen00b

I've noticed that if I take a few hits off my FW3 in quick succession and then take off the mouthpiece, there's still vapor coming off the box. What is that?
Hi and welcome to the fun! :)

You might wanna check the inner heating tube, if there's any material fallen onto it? I'd guess it's small plant particles or debris that get in contact with the heater being still hot. Try looking down the hole with a flashlight and let us know!

Enjoy your fw3!

vapen00b,
Reactions: Vapenvy

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
Just received my new microbubblers from Fasttech. Decided to go for the bulbier ones as they're able to hold more water. Haven't tried 'em out yet - but thought I'd share some pics :)
All in all about 8$ or something, shipping included.
Just attach it to the mp with some short piece of silicone tube and there you go. :)

Hope everyone is enjoying their woods :D

So when you connect the bubbler to the MP with silicone tubing is the connection firm, or is it a bit floppy? I suppose it doesn't matter if your using one hand for the FW and one to hold the bubbler?

And while I'm askin', what size is the tubing I.D.? Need to be high-temp tubing?

Get it at any hardware store?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Fat Freddy,

throwawaytre3s

what size is the tubing I.D.? Get it at any hardware store?

Thanks!

Fat chance. I've looked at so many different hardware and specialty stores, from medical supply to hobbyist shops, and silicone tubing is really difficult to find around here. Maybe you'll have better luck. Everyone here seems to strictly carry vinyl tubing, blech.

Also I just wanted to report in and say I got my firewood functioning again, despite still not having a mouthpiece anymore. I used the 18mm gong with a cotton ball and a little bit of wax, and a screen to hold it all in. Works great at a 4!

vapen00b

So when you connect the bubbler to the MP with silicone tubing is the connection firm, or is it a bit floppy? I suppose it doesn't matter if your using one hand for the FW and one to hold the bubbler?

And while I'm askin', what size is the tubing I.D.? Need to be high-temp tubing?

Get it at any hardware store?

Thanks!

mine is firm due to the stiffness of the short piece of silicone tubing.
Can't tell about that particular piece sizewise.
But can link to an ebay article - there you can get the capsule and mouthpiece sized silicone tubing..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-8-ID-x-1-...ible-Tubing-High-Temp-Hose-500F-/271226583214
maybe he got different sizes as well? Try to check the size out for you when I can.

vapen00b,

ArthurJ

Shit. I keep forgetting that because everything else I have remembers. Would that change how quickly it goes to sleep or is there no temp if you don't select a temp?

Thanks. What a dumbass...

This made me laugh.
I was scrolling back through posts wondering if there were any known battery issues. Because mine was failing to power back up after I powered down following a few good hits and a short rest. Sometimes I was wondering if it was running too hot, but I'd have it happen when it was,still rather cool, and I'd have it happen when I knew it was well charged. So I was starting to worry about the health of my unit.

And then I read this.

I, too, am a dumbass.
How am I supposed to remember to set temperature after I've had a few good rips already??

But I am happy to have a properly functioning unit.

ArthurJ,
Reactions: Vapenvy

hypnos

Hi and welcome to the fun! :)

You might wanna check the inner heating tube, if there's any material fallen onto it? I'd guess it's small plant particles or debris that get in contact with the heater being still hot. Try looking down the hole with a flashlight and let us know!

Enjoy your fw3!
I checked earlier today, and there are some little crumbs in/around the heating element, including a bit that's lodged in between where the coil is and the wood part. I doubt I can get that out, but is there a way to clean the other bits out of the vape? Last night I noticed a smell sort of like combusted herb near the mouthpiece, so I'm a little concerned.

hypnos,
Top Bottom