Firefly 2 Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

LabPong

Yeah, that happens on mine too. It doesn’t bother me for some reason.

Yes some might do it more than others....it is because of the design. The frame around the outside sides....is 2 pieces, the outer shell of the frame....and inside that is the battery compartment and inner walled section.

So when you press the walls in.....the 2 metal sections that are touching...but with minor play...can make that sound. If you ever took one apart....you can see this easily.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Yes some might do it more than others....it is because of the design. The frame around the outside sides....is 2 pieces, the outer shell of the frame....and inside that is the battery compartment and inner walled section.

So when you press the walls in.....the 2 metal sections that are touching...but with minor play...can make that sound. If you ever took one apart....you can see this easily.
Reminds me of the old joke:

“Doctor, it hurts when I do this.” Dr: “So don’t do that!”

If your FF complains when you squeeze it.....stop squeezing it! :lol:

mitchgo61,
Reactions: LabPong

LabPong

I now know why some people are saying the FF2+ is not any less draw restrictive than the FF2.

I have 3 diff FF's..... early to mid production FF2, recent or late production FF2 (jet black)...and now the FF2+.

The FF2+ and the jet black FF2.....have almost the same draw resistance....while the early made FF2 has a harder draw resistance.

Seems like maybe there was a screen change prior to the FF2+ ? Anyone else with multiple FF2's notice this as well?

Modicum

Hey gang , I have an FF2 and 2+ and I use the charging dock. My question being is there any advantage in buying the external charger ?

LabPong

Hey gang , I have an FF2 and 2+ and I use the charging dock. My question being is there any advantage in buying the external charger ?

If you have 2 batteries.....you can use one while the other is charging. But since you have 2 vapes....it wont help you unless you have the chargers in other locations. But if you only own 1 FF2....and you have 2 batteries then you don't have to worry about running out of power at any time.

david8613

I borrowed a friends firefly 2, and I had a great first session. Second sesh, not so great still Learning. I want to know if one is in the market to buy a firefly today, would you get a firefly2 or the firefly2+? Is it a big enough difference to buy the newer model?

david8613,

mitchgo61

I borrowed a friends firefly 2, and I had a great first session. Second sesh, not so great still Learning. I want to know if one is in the market to buy a firefly today, would you get a firefly2 or the firefly2+? Is it a big enough difference to buy the newer model?
The Plus.

A. It’s much improved over the OG. B. It’s cheaper! C. They don’t make the older model anymore.

Pretty simple choice IMO. :2c:

Modicum

I enjoy seeing clouds as much as everyone but too many of us perceive clouds as being a validation of how high one gets or the greatness of a certain vaporizer. It probably goes hand & hand with our memories of bongs & combustion ( it was a beautiful thing at the time). Some also ask way to much from existing portables in search of those memories . Jeez, look at the size of these things. They're smaller than a deck of cards and put out 500* of heat and we all take it for granted , yes the industry has plateaued but we have to realize their accomplishments. I may have a thick skull when it comes to certain things, I give you the FireFly2+. Never got it when it came to FF1 & 2, but now visualizing the trip to which the cannabis takes with every draw (room temperature to combustion) I now understand the value of all the stops it makes on the way to my lungs ( & head). Trust your feelings and not your eyes !

Surf Monkey

I enjoy seeing clouds as much as everyone but too many of us perceive clouds as being a validation of how high one gets or the greatness of a certain vaporizer. It probably goes hand & hand with our memories of bongs & combustion ( it was a beautiful thing at the time). Some also ask way to much from existing portables in search of those memories . Jeez, look at the size of these things. They're smaller than a deck of cards and put out 500* of heat and we all take it for granted , yes the industry has plateaued but we have to realize their accomplishments. I may have a thick skull when it comes to certain things, I give you the FireFly2+. Never got it when it came to FF1 & 2, but now visualizing the trip to which the cannabis takes with every draw (room temperature to combustion) I now understand the value of all the stops it makes on the way to my lungs ( & head). Trust your feelings and not your eyes !

Tend to agree. The FF system doesn’t deliver thick clouds... but it does deliver thick highs. The Mighty still reigns king, but I swear the FireFly 2+ gets me higher.

Modicum

Yes, how great is the Mighty but how much greater should it be almost 5yrs after the fact? Has their R&D gone to sleep ? Sorry I realize this should be a 2+ discussion.

Surf Monkey

Yes, how great is the Mighty but how much greater should it be almost 5yrs after the fact? Has their R&D gone to sleep ? Sorry I realize this should be a 2+ discussion.

Also agree. The Mighty would be a world beater with the simple addition of USB charging and/or user swappable batteries. I have no idea why S&B are so reluctant to update it.

Modicum

Hey Surf, I was in the City of Roses in May visiting my Cuz. A lovely city with cosmo-country type vibes. In regards to your fav. vape, the creators have become very comfortable and aren't hungry anymore. Innovators must innovate , that the 2 original owners of FireFly are still associated with the new company shows the fire is still burning. While the FF2+ is no where near the innovative thinking that was brought to the drawing board of the original FireFly , kudos for the 99% of the things you took care of for us. Might the renowned @Engineer return to the party ???

floribud

I've had my FF2+ for about 2 months now. Also have a Tera, MFLB and a Dynavap with SS and Ti tips and a strongarm to run it through glass. The Tera is definitely the one I'd use to share with a group. But the flavor on the FF2+ is outstanding. I'm happy with the draw resistance. Yes it needs seems to need a good 10 second draw. But what is outstanding about that is that my throat is not irritated, yet I got a full "roasty" taste that is very different from the Tera, Dynavap and my old Flowermate. To me it almosts tastes like combustion, but I keep checking the abv and it's not. I've found that it works best with my $20 Golden Gate Grinder from Amazon. And by that I mean I've never has a problem getting strong vapor when using that grinder. This is bit surprising to me since it's a medium, not coarse grind. But it seems that whatever they've done with the 2+, they've made it more forgiving. Usually I can got 3 draws without stirring. However, if I set it down for 10-15 minutes or more it definitely needs a stir before the next draw. Sometimes it just works with a couple taps to the side. But other times it actually needs to be opened to stir. That's quirkiest thing about it. Also it get's pretty hot, even at 360-370ºF, the temps I usually use. Say you do 3 12 second draws in a row, it's soo hot, it feels like it's asking for a break. That's why it's not a good idea for a group. But if it's just you and one other person, and you're just hitting it every couple minutes, it's probably my favorite vape so far. And yes I've tried Arizers, but now a Splinter or StemPod.

How to set temperature without the app
Thanks! I'm so lazy I didn't even read the manual till now. Here are the preset temps:

7 TAPS (CONCENTRATES)..500
6 TAPS (HIGH)..........420
5 TAPS (MED HIGH)......400
4 TAPS (MED)...........380
3 TAPS (MED LOW).......360
2 TAPS (LOW)...........340
1 TAP (ULTRA LOW)......320

Last edited by a moderator:

LabPong

Bringing this vape thread back so others start posting here more....if possible? Or is the main FF2 thread good enough and we should incorporate this thread into the other???

I do enjoy the larger viewing/light port in the lid over the small little one on the older versions. I use my FF2+ only for my pressed rosin, (but use a jetblack FF2 for flower...rarely).

It is nice when you are using it outside in brighter light...I can tell if it is still blinking or not better. Also I like having the larger viewing light hole because I can see when to scrape up the reclaim. When my hole is almost 50 or more covered...time to scrape for free dabs!

LabPong,

someTooL

The “Brave” code is still working. Just checked it. You guys got me wanting one of these.

This would be my first convection device. I currently enjoy an IQ and Dynavap (love it). Both are great but looking for more of the quick couple hits and as much of you looking to conserve my flower. Any comparison that can be provided to the IQ would be appreciated. Thanks!

someTooL,

Modicum

@mitchgo61 I've been reading your posts since I got the original FF & FF2. I've appreciated your counsel but as I stated above I just "got it" with the arrival of the plus. I have 2 ?? for you.
I was cleaning the mouthpiece and I can't get that tiny screen back in place. Please enlighten me on what to do and is the screen really needed if using a coarse - med grind?

Modicum,

jbm

@mitchgo61 I've been reading your posts since I got the original FF & FF2. I've appreciated your counsel but as I stated above I just "got it" with the arrival of the plus. I have 2 ?? for you.
I was cleaning the mouthpiece and I can't get that tiny screen back in place. Please enlighten me on what to do and is the screen really needed if using a coarse - med grind?

That screen is a PITA to get back in, that’s for sure. I managed to drop it on the floor while trying to get it back in. That was fun finding it again. It doesn’t really seem to snap in, it just sits in the mouthpiece.

I’ve been using a Santa Cruz Shredder for the FF2+, and when I disassembled the mouthpiece I did find some crumbs in that screen.

jbm,

someTooL

The “Brave” code is still working. Just checked it. You guys got me wanting one of these.

Edit: Pulled the trigger on a jet black. I believe it will fit in well with the family :sherlock:

And yes, “Brave” did apply 20% off :clap:

someTooL,

jbm

It does make me less inclined to clean the mouthpiece. Or just use it for concentrates. I mostly use a Splinter or a Milaana, but the flavor from the FF2+ is pretty delicious.

jbm,

mitchgo61

That screen is a PITA to get back in, that’s for sure. I managed to drop it on the floor while trying to get it back in. That was fun finding it again. It doesn’t really seem to snap in, it just sits in the mouthpiece.

I’ve been using a Santa Cruz Shredder for the FF2+, and when I disassembled the mouthpiece I did find some crumbs in that screen.
Yeah there's no real trick to getting the screen in. Just make sure the bend is in the correct direction (the convex part should be towards your mouth) and maybe grab tweezers to gently place it in the slot. I personally find I get debris in my mouth if I don't use the screen so I always use it. YMMV.

mitchgo61,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom