• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Firefly 2 Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maryjanie

That is good to hear, thanks for the update. Have the ff2, which i had enjoyed but it does take a little more work. I have read a lot of ppl like it for concentrates, but to me it seemed to touchy, e.g. hard to take out the pad, melt slow or bubbles etc. Was thinking of sending it in for the upgrades, but if no to much different think may leave as is.
They sent out an email explaining that they literally drilled the holes bigger in the heat plate and the mouthpiece which give it 33% more airflow. But I've seen some reviewers say it feels like more than that compared to the 2. They'll change those pieces out in yours so, if airflow makes a difference to you, I'd say have it done. The airflow in this 2+ is good to me

Maryjanie,
Reactions: ataxian

Majordude2626

so it looks like the new lid is not compatible with the ff2. That is super annoying. If anyone has both devices, I'd be interested in hearing if the ff2+ lid fits the ff2.

Majordude2626,

collegeKid101

They sent out an email explaining that they literally drilled the holes bigger in the heat plate and the mouthpiece which give it 33% more airflow. But I've seen some reviewers say it feels like more than that compared to the 2. They'll change those pieces out in yours so, if airflow makes a difference to you, I'd say have it done. The airflow in this 2+ is good to me

How open would you say it is compared to a pax (relatively restricted airflow) or a mighty (pretty much as open as it gets) now that they’ve addressed the airflow problem?

collegeKid101,

Maryjanie

How open would you say it is compared to a pax (relatively restricted airflow) or a mighty (pretty much as open as it gets) now that they’ve addressed the airflow problem?
Well, I've never used either of those. I was between this and a Pax 3 and chose this. I have a dynavap M and the OG Arizer Air so I can only compare to them. The FF2+ has way better air flow than the Arizer Air and its not as free as the dynavap but still very good in my opinion. I dont know if that helps.

collegeKid101

Well, I've never used either of those. I was between this and a Pax 3 and chose this. I have a dynavap M and the OG Arizer Air so I can only compare to them. The FF2+ has way better air flow than the Arizer Air and its not as free as the dynavap but still very good in my opinion. I dont know if that helps.

Definitely still good reference points! I’m assuming you mean the M without the carb covered because the resistance is pretty rough otherwise. And I’ve also heard the Air and Pax are kinda similar so this definitely helps, thank you!

I wonder if the bigger holes means you’ll have to clean it with compressed air more often

Brewervapesalot

That's pretty much what I did to my firefly 2's, to increase airflow. Increasing the hole size much more and the unit wont work right. A little was "just right" so it would still work well and give better flow. Sadly, i think for me to purchase i would need about double the air flow, the more I think about it. Draw restriction is just a major turn off for me, considering there are units that have basically none...

Brewervapesalot,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
The holes in the mouthpiece screen are visibly bigger, but the change in the restrictor plate is not. If the holes in the bowl are bigger, I can’t tell by looking.

When doing a side by side with my FF2, which was one of the first to roll off the line (so it doesn’t have any improvements that might have been made since release), I think the + has considerably more air flow. It feels like more than 33% to me. It’s early, but I’ve only found one other person with that opinion so far. I’d love to hear what anyone thinks who can compare the two...

Maybe I just don’t know what a 33% increase feels like, but I like it so far.

Maryjanie

Definitely still good reference points! I’m assuming you mean the M without the carb covered because the resistance is pretty rough otherwise. And I’ve also heard the Air and Pax are kinda similar so this definitely helps, thank you!

I wonder if the bigger holes means you’ll have to clean it with compressed air more often

Ha! Ha! I was thinking as I was typing....as long as you're full open on the carb. Yes. Cover the carb on the M for too long and you will choke and die. Lol. I'll be cleaning my FF for the first time today so I'm not sure yet

Last edited:
Maryjanie,

toked23

The holes in the mouthpiece screen are visibly bigger, but the change in the restrictor plate is not. If the holes in the bowl are bigger, I can’t tell by looking.

When doing a side by side with my FF2, which was one of the first to roll off the line (so it doesn’t have any improvements that might have been made since release), I think the + has considerably more air flow. It feels like more than 33% to me. It’s early, but I’ve only found one other person with that opinion so far. I’d love to hear what anyone thinks who can compare the two...

Maybe I just don’t know what a 33% increase feels like, but I like it so far.

Same for me, one of the first ff2’s and zero improvements as it’s never left my hands. I do feel like it’s an easier pull as well but no way to measure for me with any scientific data anyway.

toked23,

chuloquiles

Just received ff2+ today and it definitely feels like more than 33% better as a far as are flow is concerned. Heat time seems to be faster and whatever they did to the firmware is amazing. This thing rips now and it’s no where near as tough as it was to get vapor production as before. Even starting at 370 I got big clouds and great flavor. Concentrates seem to be vaping better as well. I have a regular ff2 and it’s now officially gone into retirement along with my mv1. Great work Firefly it was totally worth the upgrade.

Maryjanie

Just received ff2+ today and it definitely feels like more than 33% better as a far as are flow is concerned. Heat time seems to be faster and whatever they did to the firmware is amazing. This thing rips now and it’s no where near as tough as it was to get vapor production as before. Even starting at 370 I got big clouds and great flavor. Concentrates seem to be vaping better as well. I have a regular ff2 and it’s now officially gone into retirement along with my mv1. Great work Firefly it was totally worth the upgrade.
I'm loving mine!

Ratklaw

I'm thinking about doing the $30 upgrade but I also need a new lid because the seal is loose, and those don't seem to be available for the FF2.

Ratklaw,
Reactions: Jill NYC

Brewervapesalot

The holes in the mouthpiece screen are visibly bigger

I think I threw that screen away within the first week of owning the FF2. It definitely added restriction and did little else. But me widening the holes of the bowl also reduced restriction a bit, probably by a third anyway.

I think air also is pulled around the edges of the bowl too though? Maybe firefly increased that gap to help ease draw restriction?

One thing is that if the holes are not noticeably bigger, then my guess is they still clog ridiculously easy and are difficult to clean still:\

Brewervapesalot,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I'll have to respectfully disagree with my buddy Bud on this one. I just took that 5-times-blind-side-by-side challenge with both vapes empty (no need to fuck up the experiment with different packs involved) and nailed it all five times. The mouthpiece screen is visibly improved. The oven screen isn't. So I switched the mouthpieces on them, knowing it would benefit the 2 and hurt the 2+, and still felt the air flow was a little better on the 2+. imo, with no measurable data, they've improved something inside, beyond the mouthpiece screen.

I'm not saying it's wide open, because it's not. But it's definitely noticeably more open when you use them side-by-side. Will people dig it? We'll see...

Last edited:

Brewervapesalot

Fake upgrade:

He does say they're the same...

And he makes some good points; well, bad for the FF2 plus, but good to know or at least hear.

I definitely agree that lots of people are wanting a new vape to try.... great new vapes are rare?

Last edited:

collegeKid101

So I’m trying to decide between this, the mighty, and the grasshopper. Unfortunately even people who ordered grasshoppers after they moved more production in house are still having issues, and FF seems to have gotten their act together finally with the +. I like the idea of the mighty but I’m afraid it’ll stink into my apartment hallway which would ruin the discreetness.

I’ll probably be pulling the trigger on this 2+ soon and will be sure to give you all my thoughts once I start using it!

collegeKid101,

Ubiquito

I really like the form factor of the FF. Will see as more experiences with the + roll in!

Ubiquito,

Maryjanie

He does say they're the same...

And he makes some good points; well, bad for the FF2 plus, but good to know or at least hear.

I definitely agree that lots of people are wanting a new vape to try.... great new vapes are rare?
The FF2+ is awesome and its smell free until you open it

Maryjanie,

jvapour

So I’m trying to decide between this, the mighty, and the grasshopper. Unfortunately even people who ordered grasshoppers after they moved more production in house are still having issues, and FF seems to have gotten their act together finally with the +. I like the idea of the mighty but I’m afraid it’ll stink into my apartment hallway which would ruin the discreetness.

I’ll probably be pulling the trigger on this 2+ soon and will be sure to give you all my thoughts once I start using it!

The Mighty is definitely a “better” vaporizer in that it is tried and tested for years, has great vapor production, great flavor, great battery life, etc. It’s expensive though, and the form factor isn’t great if you value portability.

The FF2+ is still new and untested. We don’t know if it will start having problems over time until it gets into more peoples’ hands.

I would stay far, far away from the Grasshopper. It’s been years now and they’re still having reliability issues and taking months to return RMA units.

jvapour,
Reactions: Grepper

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
so it looks like the new lid is not compatible with the ff2. That is super annoying. If anyone has both devices, I'd be interested in hearing if the ff2+ lid fits the ff2.
They appear to be compatible to me....my old lid fits the Plus and my Plus lid fits the FF2.
I think I threw that screen away within the first week of owning the FF2. It definitely added restriction and did little else.
IME it does something pretty important....it keeps debris out of my mouth. Spend a minute cleaning out the mouthpiece and you'll see debris buildup that would have gone into your mouth....unless you remove the screen, in which case, you won't find debris, since you've been eating it. :p
I'll have to respectfully disagree with my buddy Bud on this one. I just took that 5-times-blind-side-by-side challenge with both vapes empty (no need to fuck up the experiment with different packs involved) and nailed it all five times. The mouthpiece screen is visibly improved. The oven screen isn't. So I switched the mouthpieces on them, knowing it would benefit the 2 and hurt the 2+, and still felt the air flow was a little better on the 2+. imo, with no measurable data, they've improved something inside, beyond the mouthpiece screen.

I'm not saying it's wide open, because it's not. But it's definitely noticeably more open when you use them side-by-side. Will people dig it? We'll see...
Even though I do know what Bud has been smoking, it's kind of mind-boggling to me that anyone could use the FF2 and the Plus side by side and not notice a significant improvement in draw resistance (I agree it's anywhere from 1/4 to 1/3 freer in airflow), a faster heat-up time, much better battery usage....overall the improvements are pretty obvious. Maybe they sent Bud an old unit. :lol:

I've never used the GH but the Mighty and the FF family are my most-used vapes. I'd say they are apples and oranges....the Mighty is super easy, very consistent, butt-ugly, efficient like a machine, and fragile in places. The FF is lovely, reveals much more flavor nuance than the Mighty, requires a bit of technique, has some learning curve, and due to full convection, consumes weed much less evenly and consistently than the Mighty.

Both are great and both scratch different vape itches for me. I'd hate to be without both of them....if I want to experience the full flavor of great strains, there's nothing like the FF. :2c:

LabPong

The Mighty is definitely a “better” vaporizer in that it is tried and tested for years, has great vapor production, great flavor, great battery life, etc. It’s expensive though, and the form factor isn’t great if you value portability.

The FF2+ is still new and untested. We don’t know if it will start having problems over time until it gets into more peoples’ hands.

I would stay far, far away from the Grasshopper. It’s been years now and they’re still having reliability issues and taking months to return RMA units.

Try doing concentrates in the Mighty and get back to us...lol But the FF2 + is totally tested...for years...it is the same vape as the FF2....just with things added that do no change it to a different vape.

Mighty flavor is not that good...sorry.....powerful yea. FF smokes it is taste department by far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom