• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Firefly 2 Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
How much less air restriction?

Holes easy to clean? Big enough to poke with a needle?
I'd say it feels about 20-25% less restricted. Not "airy" like a Mighty or a log vape of course, but much less "milk shakey" than the old FF2.

I haven't tried to specifically poke at the holes...I've just done the usual iso wipe cleaning. The holes don't look any larger to my naked eye....I doubt you could push a needle through them, but I suppose if you have one with a super-fine point you might be able to.

mitchgo61

Any word on release date?
They told me “sometime in May” sometime in April. So I guess that looks a bit less likely now. Gotta be soon given that reviews are popping up now. Seems pre-release push has begun.

EDIT: apparently it’s coming out tomorrow!

Looks like the price will be 250, 80 bucks less than the FF2.

Last edited:

BuzzDanklin

I finished up my firefly 2+ review. roughly 25% better airflow, and ~25% lower price.

According to their press release it's supposed to come out today (28th)

Firefly-2-vs-Firefly-2-Plus-Vaporizer.jpg

Firefly-2-Plus-Vaporizer-Review.jpg

F-UCTD

Looks good, but since I already have a Firefly 2 I can't see too much that would make me purchase one, especially when I've been saving for a Ghost MV1 and just waiting for all the bugs to be ironed out. Might have to purchase a new lid though since my old one is experiencing some issues with the seal. Any idea if the new lid is an improvement? I think if it is the same I'll buy an old lid from local remaindered stock as well as a new battery.

F-UCTD,
Reactions: Jill NYC

LabPong

It is out.....and the new app update is updating the firmware on my FF2 right now. Hope it helps. Find out in a few mins with some rosin.

LabPong,

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
It is out.....and the new app update is updating the firmware on my FF2 right now. Hope it helps. Find out in a few mins with some rosin.
Please let us know (I guess in the Ff2 thread) if the firmware does anything of note on the FF2!
Thanks!

Jill NYC,
Reactions: NYC_Frank

jvapour

Oh nice didn’t realize there’d by a firmware update for us FF2 folks. Keeps us posted how it turns out!

On Firefly’s Instagram they say they will cover rush shipping on accessory orders, but when I tried they still charge for shipping. Has anyone had any luck?

jvapour,

jvapour

Just got this reply from Firefly support:

Thank you for reaching out to Firefly Support! We would love to assist you today and provide you with information regarding our upgrade service!

The upgrade program will cost a $30 service fee, with the additional cost of shipping both ways. We would need you to send your unit in to us so that we could upgrade it!

In order to upgrade the unit, we would be changing the devices restrictor plate, mouthpiece, and firmware. This will make your Firefly 2 behave, exactly like the Firefly 2 Plus! I would like to inform you however, at the current time we cannot make changes to the LED light or top lid, so your device would not receive the new LED logo light.

If you're interested in getting this done for your device, please give us a call at 206 418 6565 Monday-Friday 11amto 8pm EST!

Kindly,
Firefly Support

So this is some good news for those willing to send their units in for an upgrade.

buckhakeesah

That's a great offer. Glad I waited to do this upgrade. My restrictor plate needs replacing anyway. FF2 is mighty fine and now its been refined with the changes I most desire for it.

I don't really care for the new design, so I'm super geeked that they offered this upgrade for their existing FF2 customers whether they have an active warranty or not.

I really enjoy mine even with its half clogged restrictor plate. It works great for me. I can't imagine how things will be once I have a new plate and firmware.

This and the mflb have become my portable kings. Thanks for sharing @jvapour

Last edited:
buckhakeesah,

LabPong

What is the difference in the new mouthpiece compared to the FF2?

Also, dear ff......can I just buy the plate and you email me the file to update firmware?

I wonder if the new update to the FF app was only to add the logo to the existing FF2's?

LabPong,

jvapour

What is the difference in the new mouthpiece compared to the FF2?

Also, dear ff......can I just buy the plate and you email me the file to update firmware?

I wonder if the new update to the FF app was only to add the logo to the existing FF2's?

Maybe try contacting their support to see if they’ll let you just buy the pieces to change them yourself.

jvapour,

mitchgo61

What is the difference in the new mouthpiece compared to the FF2??
I can’t see any difference.
In terms of device improvements: there is markedly improved draw with about 25% less resistance, the heat up time is faster, and the previously elusive idle battery bug, the only problem I ever had with the FF2, has been completely resolved.

Three big usability improvements on top of the cosmetic change in the body and the lid.

As to the app update...the old app worked with the Plus. Not sure what changed in the new app beyond an icon update.

Last edited:

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
In terms of device improvements: there is markedly improved draw with about 25% less resistance, the heat up time is faster, and the previously elusive idle battery bug, the only problem I ever had with the FF2, has been completely resolved.
Just to be clear, are you saying that the FF2 had all those improvements with the app update? Or are you comparing a new Plus vs. the old FF2?

@Stu - Can you move this thread into portables? Looks like it has been released. Thanks!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
New faux wood lid looks nice, though I find it fairly hilarious, as if it was in response to the handbuilt real wood on demand convection vapes that followed the original Firefly (and helped me get rid of mine-- though I did enjoy it very much!)

Shit Snacks,

turk

turk
...have a two also...i can count the number of times on my hands that I used it with flower...my use was exclusively concentrates..many folks had issues getting a draw out of it...interested to see what first adopters say..

turk,
I can’t see any difference.

Three big usability improvements on top of the cosmetic change in the body and the lid.

As to the app update...the old app worked with the Plus. Not sure what changed in the new app beyond an icon update.

My firefly2 does not get used alot because of the battery issue. I guess I will upgrade if it is a available for awhile.

MonsterWithoutBorders,

dodgy_b

So the fact that FF still takes PayPal, a zero PayPal balance, and skipping 420 sales this year ended up being a perfect storm. Ordered one first thing Tues the 28th.

Have owned a 1 and a 2. I'll post a short comparison when it lands.

If anyone is keeping track, still no shipping confirmation.

dodgy_b,

Maryjanie

...have a two also...i can count the number of times on my hands that I used it with flower...my use was exclusively concentrates..many folks had issues getting a draw out of it...interested to see what first adopters say..
My FF2 plus is scheduled
So the fact that FF still takes PayPal, a zero PayPal balance, and skipping 420 sales this year ended up being a perfect storm. Ordered one first thing Tues the 28th.

Have owned a 1 and a 2. I'll post a short comparison when it lands.

If anyone is keeping track, still no shipping confirmation.
I ordered the minute their site came up on the 28th. My friend ordered a few hours later. We are both scheduled for delivery today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom