• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Finding the right Portable?

SunnyHours

Hi all!

I've recently acquired a FlowerPot which has for the most part (still want to get a V-Rod, but the Showerhead & Wrap-Around are gonna do for now) cured my Desktop VAS...

Problem is that I would largely benefit from a portable solution...
I do have a Stem-less Arizer Solo but I need to get some new PVHES Stems for it.
But I usually will have 2 Arizer stems full in a session. That usually does the trick.

I'm looking at the Dynavap "M" and it's higher-end cousin, the OmniVap XL but the fact that it uses a Butane Torch is kind of a turn off...

The Haze Square is quite intriguing too though not knowing much about the company (though it has a fairly good reputation) and the materials in the vapor path, I'm not sure I'm that much of a risk taker hehe

Then there's the S&B Crafty and Mighty.

And to top it off there's the familiar Arizer's that are always a good choice. Either the Solo or Air to stay on the cheaper side of things and remain compatible with the PVHES Stems. Or there's also the newer Solo 2 and Air 2 but they are more expensive and aren't compatible with the PVHES Stems and all they seem to offer more than their cheaper counterparts is an LED Screen with more precise temperature control and perhaps better battery life and/or better draw resistance / lack thereof...

Budget isn't really an issue though if possible, I'd like to save as much money as possible/not spend too much if possible...

I'd say my preference goes like so:
*1- Vapor Flavour
*2- Vapor Production (efficient extraction)
*3- "Portable"
*4- Works very well with Flowers, but can also be used with different Concentrate forms, this includes hash and bubble hash...whether this means sandwiched between Cannabis or with a specific Concentrate Accessory/Function doesn't really matter as long as it's possible to "spice up" a bowl after a long day or whatever...
*5- A Clean Air-Path with a preference for Borosilicate Glass or Ceramics. Otherwise I guess Titanium Grade 2 would work or if not, Stainless Steel could also work. No Aluminum though.
*6- Quick Charge/High Capacity Battery or User Replaceable Rechargeable Battery(ies) would be a nice option.
*7- Having a Micro-USB or USB-C connection would be another plus.
*8- Discreteness would be an awesome thing but I don't think I'll find one that ticks this Box because of how picky I can be sometimes...and from what I see, aside from the Linx Gaia and Maybe the Arizer Air and Air 2 as well as the S&B Crafty could fit this category...

I think those are the most important features usually...and that's in order of importance for me.
Other than that I've listed some Vaporizers I'm interested in but I'm also interested in other vaoes like the Linx Gaia, Evic Tubo and maybe the Ghost MV1 but the silicone looks sketchy where it's placed. I'm open to suggestions too.

But I'm curious if the Crafty is a smaller Mighty with as good vapor as it's bigger brother, the only difference being the size, lack of a screen on the Crafty and smaller battery Capacity on the Crafty, but are there other inconvenients?

Same thing for the Dynavaps...
Is it really worth the price difference between the "M" Model and the OmniVap Models?
Because aside from using a Butane Torch, it really ticks all my boxes I think...
(If Dynavap or someone else started building small Induction/Conduction "Heater" for the VapCap that would be awesome and a game changer! I'd probably get an OmniVap XL at that point...Especially if the Heater was sized like a conventional Lighter, or of similar dimensions...perhaps a bigger sized (1:1 model) Bic Lighter with the Hole in the Grill the perfect size for your DynaVap to fit in. There could also be an insulated Vapcap Magnet on it and even a Click "Sound Enhancer" or something like that?

Anyways, what do you guys think I should be getting?
Anything I seem to have missed?

Thanks a bunch for your help!
Cheers,
SunnyHours.

SunnyHours,
Reactions: Alexis

Alexis

Hi all!

I've recently acquired a FlowerPot which has for the most part (still want to get a V-Rod, but the Showerhead & Wrap-Around are gonna do for now) cured my Desktop VAS...

Problem is that I would largely benefit from a portable solution...
I do have a Stem-less Arizer Solo but I need to get some new PVHES Stems for it.
But I usually will have 2 Arizer stems full in a session. That usually does the trick.

I'm looking at the Dynavap "M" and it's higher-end cousin, the OmniVap XL but the fact that it uses a Butane Torch is kind of a turn off...

The Haze Square is quite intriguing too though not knowing much about the company (though it has a fairly good reputation) and the materials in the vapor path, I'm not sure I'm that much of a risk taker hehe

Then there's the S&B Crafty and Mighty.

And to top it off there's the familiar Arizer's that are always a good choice. Either the Solo or Air to stay on the cheaper side of things and remain compatible with the PVHES Stems. Or there's also the newer Solo 2 and Air 2 but they are more expensive and aren't compatible with the PVHES Stems and all they seem to offer more than their cheaper counterparts is an LED Screen with more precise temperature control and perhaps better battery life and/or better draw resistance / lack thereof...

Budget isn't really an issue though if possible, I'd like to save as much money as possible/not spend too much if possible...

I'd say my preference goes like so:
*1- Vapor Flavour
*2- Vapor Production (efficient extraction)
*3- "Portable"
*4- Works very well with Flowers, but can also be used with different Concentrate forms, this includes hash and bubble hash...whether this means sandwiched between Cannabis or with a specific Concentrate Accessory/Function doesn't really matter as long as it's possible to "spice up" a bowl after a long day or whatever...
*5- A Clean Air-Path with a preference for Borosilicate Glass or Ceramics. Otherwise I guess Titanium Grade 2 would work or if not, Stainless Steel could also work. No Aluminum though.
*6- Quick Charge/High Capacity Battery or User Replaceable Rechargeable Battery(ies) would be a nice option.
*7- Having a Micro-USB or USB-C connection would be another plus.
*8- Discreteness would be an awesome thing but I don't think I'll find one that ticks this Box because of how picky I can be sometimes...and from what I see, aside from the Linx Gaia and Maybe the Arizer Air and Air 2 as well as the S&B Crafty could fit this category...

I think those are the most important features usually...and that's in order of importance for me.
Other than that I've listed some Vaporizers I'm interested in but I'm also interested in other vaoes like the Linx Gaia, Evic Tubo and maybe the Ghost MV1 but the silicone looks sketchy where it's placed. I'm open to suggestions too.

But I'm curious if the Crafty is a smaller Mighty with as good vapor as it's bigger brother, the only difference being the size, lack of a screen on the Crafty and smaller battery Capacity on the Crafty, but are there other inconvenients?

Same thing for the Dynavaps...
Is it really worth the price difference between the "M" Model and the OmniVap Models?
Because aside from using a Butane Torch, it really ticks all my boxes I think...
(If Dynavap or someone else started building small Induction/Conduction "Heater" for the VapCap that would be awesome and a game changer! I'd probably get an OmniVap XL at that point...Especially if the Heater was sized like a conventional Lighter, or of similar dimensions...perhaps a bigger sized (1:1 model) Bic Lighter with the Hole in the Grill the perfect size for your DynaVap to fit in. There could also be an insulated Vapcap Magnet on it and even a Click "Sound Enhancer" or something like that?

Anyways, what do you guys think I should be getting?
Anything I seem to have missed?

Thanks a bunch for your help!
Cheers,
SunnyHours.
Just one thought on the Haze square. SS herb pods are now available as an option over the aluminium ones but the casing of the square is still aluminium I believe and I did try very hard to get a completely clear picture of exactly where the aluminium is in the vape in relation to the air and vapor path.

At the time it seems surprisingly awkward to get some very clear answer and picture on this, but I do not think that the aluminium casing is separate from the airpath even though I don't believe it is exposed to any significance direct heat. But I'm still not completely clear on this and I can't be bothered to try and ask Haze's opinions on it because they werent able to satisfy my concerns last time and almost made me feel like I was fearmongering.

Good luck bro keep us posted. I only have an Omnivap for portable but want something non butane. Righy now my top pick would be the Tubo, but for unavailability. But my condition currently doesnt allow me to spend any time away from home so I expect to wait and watch all developments possibly until next summer, by which time I have a feeling there may be some more obvious suitable options, not excluding the Vapecritic's own project.

For now, besides the Tubo, Im really not convinced anything else has quite enough power or is good enough overall. I realise the Tubo is surely not discreet enough for you.

Alexis,

elykpeace

exVASted
Just got the mighty and im not impressed. Fury 2 preforms better. Maybe wait for the fierce preorder and you will be set. If @HealthyRips.com really changed the oven a bit to make a greater amount of convection heating it will be a winner.

The vapcap and @Pipes IH Is amazing! Plenty of other making them on Reddit.

U/crossfires
U/woodsmithgm

I think even @antispleen has made a few and might still be making some

ginolicious

Haze is a reputable company. They have been around for many years and have made great vapes. Square and Dual V3 are exceptional in my opinion.

ginolicious,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I'd pass on the Gaia. It's cute looking but not efficient or effective. Second the Fury 2 option or better still the new Fierce from Healthy Rips if the larger size is acceptable. I also recommend the induction heater vapcap pairing. My Omni XL is way more fun and civilized now that I'm not fucking with torches and butane cans.

bossman,

Tiny88

Deluxe420
I have they initial Fury which did not do concentrates very well, maybe the Fury2 is better.

If concentrates are important to you, and you want a clean pathway and good flavor... perhaps the Firefly 2 is worth a consideration.

Also why the hate on for butane vaporizers? Some of them are awesome!

elykpeace

exVASted
Had ... I didn't keep it long. It's awkward to hold and I have big hands. Also vapor production was good but there is better for cheaper :2c:

Also I prefer primarily convection heating and the original fury I have seems like a better value .. bigger clouds with less material.

Conduction heating is the past .. now someone needs to come up with a GH that doesn't burn your lips and is more reliable and we will all be good :love:

@withoutbliss what other vapes do you have that you can compare a mighty to?

elykpeace,

Vaporware

@elykpeace I disagree about conduction heating being the past. There are still some nice conduction options, including the VapCap which is a hybrid but primarily conduction, and I feel like conduction and convection give me different results and I wouldn’t want to be without at least one of each.

I think the ideal vaporizer for me would be convection based but allow user control of how much convection is mixed into that from almost none to a large majority.

Vaporware,
Reactions: elykpeace

arb

Semi shaved ape
The new solo hits like a beast and getting a dozen 12 minute sessions easy per charge at 383 f.
One hundred and eight bucks kinda makes it best bang for buck I know of.

arb,

little maggie

Re the vapcap: I've found the more expensive one smoother and milder. I rarely use mine because I don't like butane but when I do I never use my M.

As for a portable: I've tried a lot over the years and so far the tubo is, to me, the best I've found. It gives you pretty complete control over the vapor and has good flavor, easy battery change.

withoutbliss

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Thats a good point @VaporWare. Didn't realized the effects of conduction vs convection are gona be different. I've mostly only worked with convection vapes but plan on getting a vapcap asap.

Haven't had any portables to compare the Mighty to @elykpeace. Definitely an expensive piece of plastic that eats a ton of herbs but oh the vapor production . . I love my clouds that's why I'm rockin the Evo now. Sold my Mighty to fund a desktop. Really do miss vaping on the go tho :l

Vaporware

Thats a good point @VaporWare. Didn't realized the effects of conduction vs convection are gona be different. I've mostly only worked with convection vapes but plan on getting a vapcap asap.

Haven't had any portables to compare the Mighty to @elykpeace. Definitely an expensive piece of plastic that eats a ton of herbs but oh the vapor production . . I love my clouds that's why I'm rockin the Evo now. Sold my Mighty to fund a desktop. Really do miss vaping on the go tho :l

Some people say they don’t notice a difference between convection and conduction, and to me the difference between them doesn’t compare to the difference between sativa and indica (which again some people say they can’t tell the difference between), but I notice a difference.

To me, the same material in the Ascent (conduction) or even VapCap is more mellow and sedative, and in the FlowerPot (convection) it’s more energizing at first, less sedative...until I use enough to knock me out. ;)

At that point I just kinda’ start nodding off after being pretty awake through most of it rather than slowly and steadily sinking into the couch and eventual unconsciousness like I do with the Ascent when I break it out.

That could also have something to do with the exact temps the flower’s getting (which I can’t accurately measure) or other factors, but there seems to be a pretty broad consensus that heating methods do have some effect on the effects you get from a vaporizer, so I think it’s worth exploring. :)

Vaporware,

Alexis

I believe that @funkyjunky has gotten the wait times down now that he is caught up from the 4/20 sales.
Thanks buddy, yes I did see this. I can see him getting on top of the conveyerbelt soon, but I also feel there must already be so many prospective customers with intentions to buy who have possibly held off like myself because it seemed like such an unpredictable wait to get in the queue.

And in this time period that the Tubo has been delayed, it's reputation as grown as an excellent heavy hitting desktop like portable. The Vapecritc rates it oretty highly and uses it often, he only has issue I believe with the glass stem falling out when he is using it out and about.

And I can definitely see a huge increase in interest for the Tubo once it is being made more efficiently and units are more readily available. I may well join that queue, and I could well be wrong but I would expect now that if Funky can speed up production, sales will ramp up in line with availability (until something better comes along).

Seize this opportunity @funkyjunky strike that hammer whike the iron is hot and good luck man I hope to own one myself at the right time.:)

elykpeace

exVASted
@elykpeace I disagree about conduction heating being the past. There are still some nice conduction options, including the VapCap which is a hybrid but primarily conduction, and I feel like conduction and convection give me different results and I wouldn’t want to be without at least one of each.

I think the ideal vaporizer for me would be convection based but allow user control of how much convection is mixed into that from almost none to a large majority.

I feel like with convection it's a matter of time till there is some element of conduction from the hot air heat soaking the oven. Maybe not in the past for everyone but for me conduction doesn't make sense ..I love me a vapcap with @Pipes psmini so I don't dislike conduction. Having said that same Amount in my gh as vc I think I'd choose gh. Thru water of course... And you have

Evo is something I need to look into . I think it's ugly and rather a @Ed's TnT woodscent or an @underdog log since they are wonderful to look at and all serve as a aromatherapy device when not cranked up to vapor temps

withoutbliss

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Some people say they don’t notice a difference between convection and conduction, and to me the difference between them doesn’t compare to the difference between sativa and indica (which again some people say they can’t tell the difference between), but I notice a difference.

I feel the same way. There's a definite noticable difference between sativa/indica or low/high temp. Ofc all people are gona feel things differently. Glad you pointed out there's a difference in effects between conduction/convection. I would have thought that Conduction would be more stimulating than convection though.

The Evo is great investment @elykpeace. The biggest disadvantage to the luxury of the Evo is how easy it is to break.

withoutbliss,
Reactions: elykpeace
Top Bottom