Few factors in deciding vape. Thinking PD or DB.

xLunax

I've read as much as possible before posting and these are my last things i need sort before buying. I'm looking to switch over to vaping almost completely primarily for health, efficiency, and conservation. Im deciding between the PDV and DBV.
First, off I noticed a lot of people use it purely on high end material. My access to that is not steady so it can be limited on occasion.
Second, I smoke to help insomnia, muscle spasms, apatite loss, and mood swings, but MOST DEFINITELY for insomnia. From what Ive conjured up so far is that to get the tired sleepy effects from it the temperature would have to be pretty high if not having to combust some ABV. Wouldn't that eleminate the health factor of vaping? Also because of the fixed temp of the PDV this may not be the right choice if thats the case. I want the PD more because of the conservation, but if i did get the DBV would i still be using less than i do now? Even if i did smoke the ABV from the PDV because of the THC efficiency wouldn't i still need less than i do now?

There's the material. Lets see what we can make of this.

xLunax,

Nycdeisel

There actually are SOME cannabinoids that just cant be released by vaporization. However, you say you want to completely convert to vapor, so lets use that.

If your looking to almost never smoke anymore, you cant just have one vape to meet your needs. over time you will want different types of vapor experiences, some more appropriate at certain times and places then others.

There is no doubt that the DBV can reach higher temperatures then a PD, or any 'log style vape' for that matter. However, that being one fo them, they each have their pros and cons.

Smoking AVB is not really a good idea, as you can save it up and make edibles with it when you have enough saved up, and edibles give even more of that body high that your looking for then smoking does. So that is something to think about. There are many contributing factors. My vape senses are telling me that you will end up with both of these units one day :p

Nycdeisel,

xLunax

Good senses because i was hoping to own both one day, (maybe next years tax return). As far as insomnia goes though which am i looking at if any.

xLunax,

CombustionJunction

What's Your Function?
My first thought when you said health, efficiency, and conservation was.... PD hands down. It wins at all of those IMO.

But, on the other hand, you want to treat insomnia but don't always have access to medical grade, you will probably have to go DBV. I can use the PD all day to maintain a nice high, but if I need to treat insomnia, I have to put some in my ION and set it to as high as it goes.

You will eventually buy a PD and fall in love with it, but for now, I think the DBV suits your needs best.

CombustionJunction,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
+1 to the DBV for starters. Having the ability to variate the temp and finding what works best for you is especially good in seeing that you are coming over from smoking. Id say that im 1 for 3 with the log vape being the primary hitter for a full time smoker. It was more of an 'acquired taste' for the more experienced vaporist (in my experiences)

AGBeer,

lwien

xLunax said:
Any chance the PD as it is now will be a collectible?
:lol: If I could have answered that question about anything, I'd have a few more dollars in my pocket than I do now.

lwien,
Tolerance is a big factor here. If you need alot, then you might constantly find constantly repacking the PD to be tiresome. The DBV/SSV type vaporizers are famous for big, milky, dense hits. Some log users loathe those hits on principle and it offends their weak little lungs :lol: but I for one am a cloud chaser. I have a high tolerance, and also don't want to spend 30 minutes just to get a buzz. With a vapocane or vapobowl bowl I can be done in 3 minutes and on my way.

High tolerance - DBV
low tolerance and access to quality material: PD

charliedontsurf,

Nycdeisel

Its not just tolerance, its also the quality of your herb. I believe Lunax says his quality is inconsistent, so either could be applicable.

Nycdeisel,

Nosferatu

If you end up with low grade often, I say DBV. The PD really shows you how low grade it is because of the vivid taste. The DBV makes lower quality more tolerable and go further, IMO.

Nosferatu,

xLunax

I get high grade semi often. It ranges from a 6-9 (not having proof ive ever had a 10). 3.5 will last me 12 days give or take.

xLunax,

Nycdeisel

an 1/8(or 3.5) could probably last me a month if I tried, using my PD everyday. Of course thats just me personally, I was just throwing it out there, everyone will have different stats.

Nycdeisel,

lwien

Nycdeisel said:
an 1/8(or 3.5) could probably last me a month if I tried, using my PD everyday. Of course thats just me personally, I was just throwing it out there, everyone will have different stats.

Yeah, and I get more than double that time on an eighth vaping every night. It really depends on quality of bud and tolerance.

Which kinda brings me to this >> http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=4513

lwien,

xLunax

With a DB would i have to max the temp to help the insomnia? Is it still as healthy as a lower temp? I wont mind the bad taste.

xLunax,

sunsett70

hey xlunax

i have a dbv and am a stingy user of herb, and was thinking about getting the PD, but that was before i used the arizer dome screen on the dbv wand. check out this post #1233
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=201&p=50

i don't know how efficient the PD is but i use just a bit of herb with the dome screen on my dbv. and over here i can only get brick herb, but it still taste good with the dbv.

so now i can take 'smallish' bowl hits, or load the usual bowl for big tokes and with the dbv you can even use it with other plants like blue lotus or kanna if you decide to mix your herb. on my dbv, my 'on' switch is at 7.40+ but for vaping i just leave it at around 11. using my draw speed, i can get the herb to dark brown/blackish.

can't go wrong with the dbv. now the main question you have to ask yourself is.......silver or black?

sunsett70,

Nycdeisel

Yes, going to certain temperatures will start releasing certain toxins often found in smoke. If you ever 'maxed' the temp on the DBV you would DEFINITELY be combusting, no fucking doubt about it.

The best range for most DBV's are somewhere between 11-2 o'clock even if you want those higher temps, Id personally go no further then 2 on my dial, that would be plenty hot enough to get those higher temp cannabinoids, HOWEVER, never forget that the speed at which you pull(breathe/suck) will directly effect the temperature of the vapor. even on 2 o clock I would have to be pulling pretty fast in order to avoid scorching or combustion.

Nycdeisel,

Nycdeisel

Thats only because you dont understand it and havent tried it(which kindof go together).

Nycdeisel,

xLunax

So i dont need to combust the material to help my insomnia? a 1-2 o"clock position will be fine? last question and im done.

xLunax,

Nycdeisel

Noo no no. Dont stop asking questions, unless you have found the answers to them already.

You WILL be able to go hot enough on the DBV in order to get a more couchlock type stone, just be careful not to combust in your vape!!
I think that 2 oclock is a bit too high unless you know how fast to pull!!

Always start LOW and go up when experimenting with finding your sweet spot, leave at least a couple of minutes between dial adjustments for it it to set. Start around 11 o'clock and pull very slow.

With most vapes you need to pull fairly slow and long, but TOO slow can burn it depending on your temp setting.

Your trying to make the whole process too clean cut and black and white, and if you do that your not going to have a good experience, you really cant judge it until you start using it.

Nycdeisel,

Beezleb

the temperature dial on the DB will vary from one vape to another. All analog vapes have this I believe. Their exist no definitive answer due to the meds being used are different. However, generically speaking the higher end, I say about 75-80% of it on to help with insomnia.

If you burn it back off the temp, it is god awful burnt and you will absolutely know when you do. Keep in mind the way you inhale will affect vaping temperature as well. Slower inhale will be hotter faster will be cooler. Typically you want to inhale even and slow to middle strength depending on preference.

Experiment and then experiment some more to find what works for you.

Beezleb,

Nycdeisel

I say get a whole lot of extra screens, at least a couple extra packs.
Get an extra marble poker(mine is about to break and it was the one thing I never thought to buy an extra of), an extra wand, and at least 20' of extra tubing.
And also a GonG adapter(for either 14 or 18 whatever size you use).

Trust me, its a TON easier to order all this stuff together, dont wait until you need it.

Nycdeisel,
Top Bottom