FC Suggestion/Idea Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I saw a forum that had a whole subforum for introducing yourself. Everyone got their own thread. It was nice in that it kept it all in one place but you could still find the new guy's thread that you wanted to find.

stickstones,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
I have no idea how to make chatrooms, but I'd be down for that...

What about a 'shout box'? Have you guys seen those before? I think they are kinda nifty.... some of them even have doodle pads. :brow:

Also, I have to hand it to you vtac, this place is amazing with no ads. I think I just now realized that....

SpiralArchitect,

Spiderman

oil baron
Shoutbox would work as a sort of chatroom, for sure, iv seen them used that way.

I say before anything else....how bout a private message system? I cant pm a dude?

Spiderman,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
a chat room would be sick but we are always less than 10 online at the time ....a pm box would be also great I ever ask it to vtac

Clear_Dome,

Spiderman

oil baron
ClearDome, thats why I think the shoutbox would actually work better for FC. We could have our "convos" and leave easy messages for each other...."cool pic vtac" or "nice glass Clear Dome" or "hittin the SSV....mmmm" and when enough people are online for it to actually function as a chat, all the better.

Just my thoughts of course...

Spiderman,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
Spiderman said:
ClearDome, thats why I think the shoutbox would actually work better for FC. We could have our "convos" and leave easy messages for each other...."cool pic vtac" or "nice glass Clear Dome" or "hittin the SSV....mmmm" and when enough people are online for it to actually function as a chat, all the better.

Just my thoughts of course...
and on top of that it would help to keep threads cleaner and more on-topic, because people would use the shout box for more of the chatty stuff

Acolyte of Zinglon,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
^

Word. I hope this idea sells to vtac. I have no idea how hard it would be to implement....

A doodle pad would be badass too. ;) I've seen those incorporated with shout boxes. Hehe, Just no leaving cock drawings! :p :lol:

SpiralArchitect,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
phpBB forums come standard with a shoutbox. This forum uses different software (FluxBB) so it may not have a shout box/chat facility :(

vaporcloud,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
vaporcloud said:
phpBB forums come standard with a shoutbox. This forum uses different software (FluxBB) so it may not have a shout box/chat facility :(
I found this. IDK how much help it is tho. It appears others have gotten it working...

What about a photo-gallery of vapes (in use/acessories/etc.)? That would be handy. You could have user-submitted pictures to keep it fresh.

SpiralArchitect,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Regarding private messages, you guys know you can click the 'E'mail' link under people's avatars to send them an email message though the forum right? Then of course you can continue the private convo via email.

The next version of this forum software is said to have an official pm extension, so maybe that will be a possibility in the future. There are some unofficial add-ons for this version (ex. ^ shoutbox) but i don't like running potentially buggy and unsupported code which could open up security holes or cause other issues. I mean it would be cool to have an arcade and all that extra stuff, but there's something to be said for 'keep it simple' no?

As per max's suggestion 'elite' members can now change their title via profile. ;)

vtac,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
I agree with all that is said, but maybe the people that have no email buttons need to turn them on. There is a few members here I'd like to email, but due to their fear of combinning email addresses and the content on this site...most are too afraid to even use a forum specific email address they have created.

IMO that is why the email idea doesn't work. Besides that option...I agree to keep it simple. Really a PM is the only thing I'd add to this site to cut down on non-topic chatter we all can be guilty of from time to time in the threads.

DD

DigitalDavinci,

bongoman

By the way, members left that forum in droves just after it was better organized into sub forums. What you'd like to see happen here was done there, and what followed was the death of the forum, as far as active member participation.
That was exactly my perception - that the reorganisation killed the forum. Not sure why - people were familiar with the old layout/structure? I'm not sure....who were you over there Max if you don't mind me asking?

bongoman,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
lets get a butaneless lighting fourm!

glo-rods, solar hits(:o), beeline hemp string(so tasty), heat guns, soldering irons, lasers(I found out you can blaze with a laser pointer of high caliber for cheap!!!!!!):brow:

eah whos with me?

Hennessy1414,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
I'm off to bed, but I'd like to hear about this laser stuff, glo-rods, and solar hits. The others I've heard of. Looking ofrward tot he read tomorrow. night all.

DD

DigitalDavinci,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
thing about a laser is that you would have to wear protective glasses, the reflection off the bud from a laser powerful to combust could damage your retinas

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
Acolyte of Zinglon said:
thing about a laser is that you would have to wear protective glasses, the reflection off the bud from a laser powerful to combust could damage your retinas
other way around...lazer refracts off of glass into eye but i would look too cool with glasses :cool:

Hennessy1414,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
the reflection off of anything would be too bright, i said bud because hopefully you arent pointing it at the glass and looking at it

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
Acolyte of Zinglon said:
the reflection off of anything would be too bright, i said bud because hopefully you arent pointing it at the glass and looking at it
when im high shit gets wavy...i.e. my hand :lol:

but imma buy that set fro the guy that made it and ill post back to all of you!!! :brow: only like 50 bucks he said...that = hakko :brow:

Hennessy1414,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
just remember to wear the appropriate pair of glasses that will block the wavelength of the laser, retina damage is serious business, the weak little 5mw lasers you get wont really do that much, but upwards of 30mw and you need to start taking precautiions, the ones that can burn are in the 300mw range i believe

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
Acolyte of Zinglon said:
just remember to wear the appropriate pair of glasses that will block the wavelength of the laser, retina damage is serious business, the weak little 5mw lasers you get wont really do that much, but upwards of 30mw and you need to start taking precautiions, the ones that can burn are in the 300mw range i believe
i love it :p

Hennessy1414,

kilumenati

I looked around for some feebie chat sites and found one that seems interesting, its a little java applet and its hosted free.... no crazy pop-ups or anything....

check it out, I'm online at the moment..... just got my extreme yesterday :D.

http://pub48.bravenet.com/chat/show.php/4087115285

only draw back is it doesn't retain any previous messages, so if you're new to the chat it won't display old posts made by users already in the chat.

guess we'll see what people think.... I'm sure we can find something better :/

kilumenati,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
chat would be nice, a shout box would be better, this isnt exactly a high traffic site, but who knows, with a chat applet people might decide to stick around more and hang out in the chat room

Acolyte of Zinglon,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom