FC Sells Out

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I've been approached about advertising before and the answer has always been 'no thanks'. I hate flashing banners all over the page... pop-ups... no thanks.

On the other side of things, when you run a website it's nice to be able to put some money towards operating costs and back into the site. Some sites do well asking members for donations-- I'm not really comfortable doing that at this point in time.

From day one this site has been about the consumer, and I think we've established enough credibility to try something like the following without destroying our integrity as a reputable vape forum.

After a lot of thought, here's what I'd like to try: 3 spots on the bottom of the page, text links only. [Example] Without getting into a long discussion about marketing and usability, I think this would be good placement for sponsors and minimally intrusive for FC members.

These spots would only be available to trusted parties. Put simply: If we wouldn't recommend your product or service we aren't going to advertise it.

Let's see how it goes.

vtac,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
If it goes back into the site I see it as a good thing (plus they looked tucked away and not too flashy in the example).

If we see you with a new limo, that is another thing. :lol:

Could they even somehow be non vapor-related ads? :brow:...JK

PS: Thread title.."FC Sells Out" :lmao:

Progress,

lwien

Very subtle and non-intrusive. As long as the advertisers are good with this, it's great.

Regarding donations, I don't know how many would pay for a discreet oversized FC all cotton t-shirt, or an un-discreet FC coffee mug, but I sure as hell would.

Just a bit of food for thought.

lwien,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
I hope some kind of tubing company gets an ad. something like usaplastics of the sort. a lot of members are looking for quality tubing :brow:

and if I may ask what would the outcome be of, "putting some money towards operating costs and back into the site."

I'm just curious

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Hennessy1414 said:
and if I may ask what would the outcome be of, "putting some money towards operating costs and back into the site."

I'm just curious

Well, for starters, mods get free shit from the advertisers!
:lol:

stickstones,

max

Out to lunch
stickstones said:
Hennessy1414 said:

I'm just curious

Well, for starters, mods get free shit from the advertisers!
:lol:
Really? Where's mine? :suspicious:

max,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
i think its a good idea if its good for the forum. i do think donations would be successful too....we are a very generous community even though we're broke stoners. :D

illadelph,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Hennessy1414 said:
I hope some kind of tubing company gets an ad. something like usaplastics of the sort. a lot of members are looking for quality tubing :brow:

I'm just curious

re: Quality Tubing

By quality tubing, you must mean, "Food Safe". You always see clear tubing go from soda fountain syrup containers or beer kegs, and surely that must have been food tested. A Google search for "beverage plastic tubing" shows a lot of hits. Also consider plumbing supplies, as some newer homes have plastic tubing instead of metal or PVC pipes (my place, for example).

macbill,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Im happy to see you did this Vtac, i hope that it works out for everyone involved.

Survivalism,

roney

lwien said:
Very subtle and non-intrusive. As long as the advertisers are good with this, it's great.

Regarding donations, I don't know how many would pay for a discreet oversized FC all cotton t-shirt, or an un-discreet FC coffee mug, but I sure as hell would.

Just a bit of food for thought.
me too! maybe even a hemp t-shirt with a cool FC logo?

roney,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Hehe... I've been thinking about making T-shirts and Coffee mugs for sometime now... glad I'm not the only one.... ;)

SpiralArchitect,

marcuss

above the clouds
A nice T-short could be helpful when i'm at the various expos to find some other FC users or to rappresent our forum everytime....we can start a poll to see how members likes this idea!

marcuss,

Ben

marcuss said:
A nice T-short could be helpful when i'm at the various expos to find some other FC users or to rappresent our forum everytime....we can start a poll to see how members likes this idea!
I do+++
Super02.gif

and I'm not the only one :
2564pio.jpg
:o:o :lol:

any T-shirt blower out there? :D

Ben,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
It's pretty easy to get something like Cafepress (which is shitty, but there are better versions) to make a shirt from a design someone uploaded, and where we can all order from online.

Seattle Hempfest in August and I know a lot of people from FC may be attending.... gotta 'represent'. :cool:

Last year I wore an 'Alaskan Grown' t-shirt.... :brow:

SpiralArchitect,

Beezleb

Get made em out of hemp instead of just the regular tourist tshirts.

Hats would be cool too.

Beezleb,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
if processed correctly, it's better than cotton...this is just hearsay, but I believe it.

stickstones,

lwien

stickstones said:
if processed correctly, it's better than cotton...this is just hearsay, but I believe it.
Yeah, I guess a hemp t-shirt to me sounds about equally as comfortable as one made of burlap, which I guess is kinda the same thing. :lol:

lwien,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Of course it's better than cotton. On so many levels it outperform cotton (better yield, durability, strength, absorption, AND comfort).

Guess what some of the first jeans were made of? ;) Denim wasn't used until long after...

SpiralArchitect,

lwien

SpiralArchitect said:
Of course it's better than cotton. On so many levels it outperform cotton (better yield, durability, strength, absorption, AND comfort).

Guess what some of the first jeans were made of? ;) Denim wasn't used until long after...
It just makes me think of scratchy burlap.

lwien,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
why do you think people want herbz legalized...not just for the soul purpose of getting high my friend. marijuana/hemp are very helpful plants that humans need to take more advantage of.

did someone say ;pd; t-shirt? :D

Hennessy1414,

lwien

Hennessy1414 said:
did someone say ;pd; t-shirt? :D

I was thinkin' of that too. FC on the front to let people know where you're coming from and a PD on the back to let them know where you've been. :ko:

lwien,
Top Bottom