FC - Best forum site of the bunch & Weed @ Work stories.

steiner666

Serial vapist
I really like it here because of the discussion and information about the "hobby" I am most passionate about, of course. But I think one of the main reasons I like posting here so much more than the other places is because it's a more covert site.

I do a lot of my surfing/reading/posting while i'm at work, since I'm already stuck at a computer for 7-8hours a day, it makes sense. I do have co-workers though, and if there's one thing I've learned in my years of smoking/vaping while employed, it's that co-workers love to talk shit about you, or anyone, as soon as you leave the room. If they catch a glimpse of something in your browser over your shoulder (like the pot-leaf and tie-dye polluted backgrounds and ads at say, stoner forums), or if they catch a whiff of something when you walk by, or if they detect any number of other slight "tells", a majority of them won't hesitate to jump to conclusions and start with the gossiping.

I think some co-workers do it out of boredom. They might not have a problem with weed, they might even partake of it themselves on occasion or in the past. Maybe declaring that they detect the smell of weed or that they think someone looks/acts stoned makes them feel like an intelligent, experienced person. Some co-workers of course are moral-fags who actually have a problem with weed - the ones who've never tried it and only know what they've read/heard on the news or in a D.A.R.E. class or other corporate/government sponsored propaganda garbage. Some co-workers, and i think this constitutes the majority of them in my experience, just want to take you down to make themselves look better or to further their career. With job security becoming a major issue is all sorts of areas across the country, i think ppl are even more cut-throat about things.

I remember back when i was a junior/senior in highschool I had a job working at the front desk of a local hotel. This was during the period of my life when i wasn't smoking/vaping or anything, all i did was drank alcohol and smoked cigars. I had friends who smoked that i partied with though. One day i had to swing by work to pick up something and one of my stoner friends came in with me and stood at the front desk while i got my paycheck or whatever. The next day one of my co-workers told me that I might want to stop smoking weed at work or b4 i came in because the new owners (a couple from india, no comment) said they smelled it when we came in. I told the person that, while i have tried it, i don't smoke weed. A week later i got a call and was told that they were laying me off for some unrelated reason. Later I found out that this nice co-worker that "warned" me ended up telling the owners that I had "a history of smoking pot". This co-worker also happened to work the same shift as me, and was getting reduced hours up until i got laid off.

I got a graveyard shift position at a local convenience store after that, which was actually pretty sweet since i worked by myself and it was in my neighborhood. Friends would stop by every night and we'd get stoned in the cooler rooms (really fun on a hot summer night), out back by the dumpsters, in cars. The nights on the weekend were the best because ppl would be coming in from the bars all drunk and wanting to smoke up the young cashier guy lol. Looking back, I'm really surprised i didnt get fired, considering all teh shenanigans we got into, as well as substances other than weed. So after i while, i was training this new girl that had the hots for me and she was all cool with what we did at night and such, even though she didnt smoke. But I wasnt interested in here, and after the one night when i was smoking and flirting with this one hot girl, my boss pulled me aside and asked me about some things she heard. I cant, for the life of me, remember how i convinced her it was all bullshit (i think i was on pills at the time lol), but she bought it and the girl ended up getting fired because she started talking shit about someone else there too.

Anyways, now days i'm done with college and i have a job in an IT department where i fuck about on a computer for 90% of my day and take calls and fix PCs the other 10%. Half of the time i work by myself, so i can bust out my LB whenever i want. I just wish i would have switched to vaping earlier i would have never had the smell of pot smoke on my clothes at work here.

Bah, anyways, i'm interested in hearing other ppls stories with smoking/vaping and how it has effect your employment.

steiner666,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
One of my summer jobs during my college years was working for a benevolent association of retired police officers, selling circus tickets to businesses on the phone for a charity event.
One of my friends got me the job and I ended up getting five friends jobs and soon most of us in this large room were long haired stoners. As such we used to get stoned routinely at lunch
then return to make our calls. The calls were reading from a script and we were in cubicles. As we were stoned making the calls seemed funny and absurd and hearing the same spiel being read at the same time next to me caused a situation where we had to force ourselves not to crack up laughing while on the phone and that was hopeless.
Soon we were fired, one by one.
Anyway the point is, the boss was some weird looking dude with hair coming out of his nose.
We called him "Beefy Nose Beard."

jeffp,
Top Bottom