• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

FC app / Tapatalk

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Funny..... V-hole, your post just sent me a push notification. :lol:
f5d3ro.png

Stu,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
I've experienced the same issue with apps in ios. What's worked for me is disabling the notifications in app and in general settings, as you've done, then kill the app and power off the device by holding the power button for 5 seconds or so. Turn it back on and confirm the settings are still there. If that doesn't work you might try it again or reinstall the app. If that doesn't work, get an android device. :D

And what if DABBERKING actually is your boss? :whoa:

Thanks anyway, Mom.

Does anyone else who uses this software on their iphones have this issue? ....or know how to permanently turn off the push notifications?
I have an iphone and I don't have that issue? Actually it doesn't give me notifications at all lol

VapeNStone,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I've experienced the same issue with apps in ios. What's worked for me is disabling the notifications in app and in general settings, as you've done, then kill the app and power off the device by holding the power button for 5 seconds or so. Turn it back on and confirm the settings are still there. If that doesn't work you might try it again or reinstall the app. If that doesn't work, get an android device. :D

And what if DABBERKING actually is your boss? :whoa:

vtac, I have rebooted as you suggested and the settings are still correct. Let's see if it that fixes it. I'll let you know.

Thanks for the tip.

:peace:

Stu,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Update. I had not received any notifications since re-booting my iphone last night......... until just now.
maji4x.png

I never even launched tapatalk since the re-boot, so it couldn't have been running.
:hmm:

Stu,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I only get notifications for threads I'm subscribed to.

Lo,

tharealmclovin

I can post and read everything in Tapatalk on my iPhone. But Im still not getting notifications. I have to go into the app and refresh everytime

tharealmclovin,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I can post and read everything in Tapatalk on my iPhone. But Im still not getting notifications. I have to go into the app and refresh everytime

Talk to Stu. Maybe he'll let you have his, he doesn't want them.

pakalolo,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I finally gave up and uninstalled the app. No matter what I did, I couldn't make the notifications stop. :bang:

Stu,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Sorry to hear no such issues here. maybe re-install now might fix. I dig this app for late night browsing and it works with a few other forums I visit.

ru_frothi,

Lo

In Tapatalk I hit the menu button on my phone, then hit settings.. then scroll down to notifications... I have mine set only to notify of PM's and subscribed topics. You can turn off all notifications there if you'd like.

Lo,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Lo, I did have all notifications turned off (both in tapatalk and in my i-phone settings) but still got random notifications. I couldn't figure the problem out so I just un-installed the app.

Stu,

Lo

Hmm... odd Stu! Sorry to hear. After fiddling with settings I got mine to stop notifying me of every little thing lol. Don't have iphone though, droid here.

Lo,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Just want to chime in and thank VTAC again for enabling this software. I bet 1/10th of FC users don't even know this App exists. Very happy with Tapatalk.

Sent from my iPad via Tapatalk.

ru_frothi,

collegerower

I am loving the app as well.

Would it be possible to upload photos to the forum directly? The app has the option but says that I don't have permission from the site...

collegerower,

Bouldorado

Just want to chime in and thank VTAC again for enabling this software. I bet 1/10th of FC users don't even know this App exists. Very happy with Tapatalk.

Sent from my iPad via Tapatalk.

not until I just saw this thread. is it free?

Bouldorado,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Well well worth it too... no other way I could check FC from an Iron Maiden concert haha (you know your addicted when)

CentiZen,
Reactions: rufrothy

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
I am loving the app as well.

Would it be possible to upload photos to the forum directly? The app has the option but says that I don't have permission from the site...

This has nothing to do with Tapatalk but the FACT that the FC forum does not allow users to upload photos.

Users must upload photos to some photohosting service and then link to it from FC.

google, yahoo, flickr, photobucket....

ru_frothi,

max

Out to lunch
Thanks for the info. Is there a reason we cant upload to the forum?
Forum servers can easily handle a gazillion or so text posts, but pics and videos take a ton more space. Using hosting sites for pics/videos are pretty much the norm for most forums.

max,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
When will FC work again with Tabatalk?

It was working ok a few weeks back..

Thanks!

Kuroth1,
Top Bottom