Favourite Quotes

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
637bec39ca5f7b5eaedca6604a61f66cb6e88fbfd3a81697d77d116ca366c4d3.jpg

Stuman

Veteran of the psychic wars
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!" Hunter Thompson

AcidFlashbang

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

-J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Seems apt, given how hectic 2020 is turning out to be.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
"There are three kinds of lies......Lies, damn lies and statistics" - Walt Whitman.

His_Highness,
Reactions: macbill

Buzzbomb Almighty

Red Jacket delivered a sermon on intolerance to a missionary busy evangelizing in Mohawk country in 1815. The Iroquois war chief was a considerable orator. Quoted by Frazer Symington in The Canadian Indian:The Illustrated History of the Great Tribes of Canada (1969).
Brother, the Great Spirit has made us all, but He has made a great difference between His white and His red children. He has given us different complexions and different customs. To you he has given the arts. To these He has not opened our eyes. We know these things to be true. Since He has made so great a difference between us in other things, why may not we conclude that He has given us a different religion according to our understanding? The Great Spirit does right. He knows what is best for His children; we are satisfied.
Brother, if you white men murdered the Son of the Great Spirit, we Indians had nothing to do with it, it is none of our affair. If he had come among us, we would not have killed him; we would have treated him well. You must make amends for that crime yourselves.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I would rather be governed by the first 2000 people in the Manhattan phone book than the entire faculty of Harvard.
-William F. Buckley (a Yale man)

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
"I'm frankly sick and tired of the political preachers across this country telling me as a citizen that if I want to be a moral person, I must believe in "A," "B," "C" and "D." Just who do they think they are? And from where do they presume to claim the right to dictate their moral beliefs to me? And I am even more angry as a legislator who must endure the threats of every religious group who thinks it has some God-granted right to control my vote on every roll call in the Senate. I am warning them today: I will fight them every step of the way if they try to dictate their moral convictions to all Americans in the name of "conservatism." … This unrelenting obsession with a particular goal destroys the perspective of many decent people. They have become easy prey to manipulation and misjudgment."

- Barry Goldwater​

Top Bottom