Favourite Quotes

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
56bf17ec68bd669e54926a130f5e35a3ff0880611d0ab9a5a72273cdad39595c.jpg

grokit

well-worn member
“Pity the nation that is full of beliefs and empty of religion.
Pity the nation that wears a cloth it does not weave
and eats a bread it does not harvest.

Pity the nation that acclaims the bully as hero,
and that deems the glittering conqueror bountiful.

Pity a nation that despises a passion in its dream,
yet submits in its awakening.

Pity the nation that raises not its voice
save when it walks in a funeral,
boasts not except among its ruins,
and will rebel not save when its neck is laid
between the sword and the block.

Pity the nation whose statesman is a fox,
whose philosopher is a juggler,
and whose art is the art of patching and mimicking

Pity the nation that welcomes its new ruler with trumpeting,
and farewells him with hooting,
only to welcome another with trumpeting again.

Pity the nation whose sages are dumb with years
and whose strongmen are yet in the cradle.

Pity the nation divided into fragments,
each fragment deeming itself a nation.”

~ Kahil Gibran

:sherlock:

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Famous Quotes - "Side B"
Misquotations, Attributed quotes. Dumbed down/reductive quotes. Partial quotes. I'm guilty of it on some level. :ugh: So I try to trace the accurate origins and full quotations and find an interesting history of itself. :hmm::sherlock:

List of misquotations - Wikiquote - one example.
"If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas."George Bernard Shaw never said these words, but Charles F. Brannan did.[2]
Then the grey areas. :bang:Twain mentioned the quote in one of his books, but it is questionable whether he thought of it.
mark-twain-quote-truth.jpg

I thought Twain the greatly misattributed of of quoters. Wrote " A lie....." Well you get the idea and was going to end my post with that. However......:lol:
A Lie Can Travel Halfway Around the World While the Truth Is Putting On Its Shoes | Quote Investigator
:peace:

grokit

well-worn member
"The fundamental question of our time is whether the West has the will to survive... Do we have the desire and the courage to preserve our civilization in the face of those who would subvert and destroy it?"

~ Trump, speaking in Warsaw yesterday :suspicious: :hmm::mental:

:myday:

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
~ Trump: "Putin and I discussed forming an impenetrable Cyber Security unit so that election hacking, and many other negative things, will be guarded."

~ Sen. Lindsey Graham: "Not the dumbest idea I've heard, but it's pretty close."

~ Sen. John McCain: "I'm sure that Vladimir Putin could be of enormous assistance in that effort since he's doing the hacking."

~ Trump: "The fact that President Putin and I discussed a Cyber Security unit doesn't mean I think it can happen. It can't."

:hmm::doh:
:myday:

grokit

well-worn member
“It’s the weirdest time ever… Donald Trump is our president, Bill Cosby’s a rapist, and Bruce Jenner’s a chick. We’re all in an episode of Lost.

“What if that’s the secret to happiness? Treat everyone as if it’s you, living a different life.”

~ Joe Rogan​

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
"Star Trek lures you into a false sense of positivity that the world can be a utopia and recent events have proven it cannot. Star Wars’ dystopic vision is far more realistic and prepares our children for their future." -Adam Savage in the Star Trek or Star Wars debate at Comic-Con 2017

Top Bottom