Favourite Quotes

Baron23

As I age and medicate to deal with pain and various other crap I find myself thinking about this poem when I make decisions on what I can or cannot do at the present. My waterfowl hunting is an example, while I don't go out on small duck boats at 3 am and have to break ice to set decoys, I will will field and blind hunt even though I know that two days of hunting will result in a week of hurt. I seem to feel intuitively that to give up is to fade away so I fight and I rage. Perhaps that's not aging gracefully but it is aging with fun, challenge, and interest.

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Dylan Thomas, 1914 - 1953

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
3hC0eMQ.jpg

BD9

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.
Edith Sitwell

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Steven Weinberg

grokit

well-worn member
“The Democratic establishment relies on the status quo to recoup their election losses. Democratic elites would rather give up parts of the United States than concede political power to progressive populists.”

~ Michael Sainato, New York Observer
:myday:

grokit

well-worn member
"The media lies."
-- Trump, 1/5/17

"Media is fake...Dishonest."
-- Trump, 1/9/17

"A lot of the media is actually the opposition party...They're very dishonest people."
-- Trump, 2/1/17

"The public doesn't believe you people any more."
-- Trump on media, 2/16/17

"The fake news media (failing New York Times, NBC News, ABC, CBS, CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!"
-- Trump, 2/17/17

"If you want to preserve democracy as we know it, you have to have a free and many times adversarial press...The first thing that dictators do is shut down the press. I'm not saying that President Trump is trying to be a dictator, I'm just saying we need to learn the lessons of history."
-- Sen. John McCain, 2/19/17

"The press is the enemy, the establishment is the enemy, the professors are the enemy."
-- Nixon to Kissinger, 1972

:uhh: :tinfoil: :ninja:
:myday:

Top Bottom