Favourite Quotes

Nooky72

Dog Marley
i2dV1.jpg

i2bCP.jpg

BD9

White Russians. When you want to get drunk and have diarrhea.

Me.

“It really puzzles me to see marijuana connected with narcotics dope and all of that stuff. It is a thousand times better than whiskey. It is an assistant and a friend.”

Louis Armstrong

hd_rider

“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.”
—Cicero

Tranquility

"The consequences of our actions take hold of us quite indifferent to our claims that meanwhile we have improved."
I remember having to read Beyond Good and Evil way, way, way, (way) back at college and I did not put the time into it required. Regurgitating was all that was really "required"; understanding was not. I'm sure I puked up the proper responses on whatever exam was had; but I had no ken of the philosophy. None at all.

The quote triggered the odd synapse in my brain and I was transported back. Able to tell where it came from, but no idea what it means.

Happily, I can read any number of translations well out of copyright for free. Maybe I can make up for my casual attitude as a young'un. Look, here's one:

http://www.holybooks.com/wp-content/uploads/Nietzsche-Beyond-Good-and-Evil.pdf

Tranquility,
Top Bottom