Favourite Quotes

BD9

“I’m all ears. . .well, not all ears. I’m face and tummy and legs and lots of other bits, including some rather private bits I only let a doctor see. . .except he wasn’t a doctor, and later he got arrested.” Alice Tinker

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
"Deteriorata" - written by Christopher Guest: National Lampoon Album Radio Dinner, 1972

You are a fluke of the universe. You have no right to be here.
Deteriorata. Deteriorata.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste,
And remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Avoid quiet and passive persons, unless you are in need of sleep.
Rotate your tires.
Speak glowingly of those greater than yourself,
And heed well their advice, even though they be turkeys.
Know what to kiss, and when.
Consider that two wrongs never make a right, but that three do.
Wherever possible, put people on hold.
Be comforted that in the face of all aridity and disillusionment,
and despite the changing fortunes of time,
There is always a big future in computer maintenance.

Remember The Pueblo.
Strive at all times to bend, fold, spindle, and mutilate.
Know yourself. If you need help, call the FBI.
Exercise caution in your daily affairs,
Especially with those persons closest to you -
That lemon on your left, for instance.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls
Would scarcely get your feet wet.
Fall not in love therefore. It will stick to your face.
Gracefully surrender the things of youth: birds, clean air, tuna, Taiwan.
And let not the sands of time get in your lunch.
Hire people with hooks.
For a good time, call 606-4311. Ask for Ken.
Take heart in the bedeepening gloom
That your dog is finally getting enough cheese.
And reflect that whatever fortune may be your lot,
It could only be worse in Milwaukee.

You are a fluke of the universe.
You have no right to be here.
And whether you can hear it or not,
The universe is laughing behind your back.

Therefore, make peace with your god,
Whatever you perceive him to be - hairy thunderer, or cosmic muffin.
With all its hopes, dreams, promises, and urban renewal,
The world continues to deteriorate.
Give up!

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
ofl3iQP.jpg

grokit

well-worn member
:tinfoil:

"...the United States, Russia, Japan, and China have colluded to keep sensitive information secret while spreading disinformation and allowing only easily refutable evidence to slip through the cracks. These governments have meticulously engineered world events to distract public attention away from Nibiru.

“Wars, political tensions, and media events are all manufactured to misdirect the public; they want to keep the public eye on anything, anywhere, except for where it should be focused, in space. And any credible whistle-blowers were harshly dealt with, people like Harrington.”

~ Dr. Ronald Shimschuck, a former NASA employee and astrophysicist who holds a double Doctorate in Aeronautical Engineering and Astronomical Sciences from MIT​

:mental: What a crackpot, right?!? I especially laughed at the part about, "a secret executive order, signed by then president Reagan, forbidding any public discussion about Nibiru". edit: RIGHT?!?

Nothing to see here :rofl:

Last edited:

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
“Every now and then when life gets complicated and the weasels start closing in, the only real cure is to load up on heinous chemicals and drive like a bastard from Hollywood to Vegas… To relax as it were, in the womb of the desert sun.”

–Hunter S. Thompson

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind. What Do You Do?

Mod note: posts merged

Last edited by a moderator:

Joel W.

Deplorable Basement Dweller
Accessory Maker
Theodore Roosevelt said:
"We cannot afford to differ on the question of honesty if we expect our republic permanently to endure. Honesty is not so much a credit as an absolute prerequisite to efficient service to the public. Unless a man is honest, we have no right to keep him in public life; it matters not how brilliant his capacity."

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
"If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacrament."
—Florynce Kennedy

“You cannot have maternal health without reproductive health. And reproductive health includes contraception and family planning and access to legal, safe abortion”
– Hillary Clinton

grokit

well-worn member
@momofthegoons it wasn't just cannabis... :ugh:

From
JFK Took Many Drugs for Secret Health Problems

The medical records reveal that Kennedy variously took codeine, Demerol and methadone for pain; Ritalin, a stimulant; meprobamate and librium for anxiety; barbiturates for sleep; thyroid hormone; and injections of a blood derivative, gamma globulin, a medicine that combats infections.

During the Bay of Pigs fiasco in 1961, and the Cuban Missile Crisis in October 1962, Kennedy was taking steroids for his Addison's disease, painkillers for his back, anti-spasmodics for his colitis, antibiotics for urinary tract infections, antihistamines for his allergies, and on at least one occasion, an anti-psychotic drug to treat a severe mood change that Jackie Kennedy believed was brought on by the antihistamines.

This deluge of drugs often had side effects, including grogginess or even depression. To treat this Kennedy took more still anti-anxiety medications. Yet, there is no indication that the medications impaired JFK's judgment during crucial moments in U.S. history.

"I studied very closely his performance during these crisis, and what was striking is how effective he was," Dallek said. "He made a bet with himself and the country, in a sense, that he could be president, and he carried it off brilliantly. It was extraordinary."

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=125593

grokit

well-worn member
"The differences between U.S. products and the same ones in Europe are telling. In the U.S., a Fanta orange soda is dyed with Red 40 and Yellow 6, but in Britain, that same soda is colored with pumpkin and carrot extract. McDonald's Strawberry Sundaes in the U.S. are tainted with Red dye 40, but in Britain, they are colored with real strawberries. In the U.S., a Kellogg Strawberry NutriGrain bar is synthetically dyed with Red 40, Yellow 6 and Blue 1, but in the UK, beetroot, annatto and paprika extract are used."

stinkytofus

once you go black, you never go back

im not black but this chick was like "which race should i date", gave her a good chuckle lol

stinkytofus,
Reactions: GetLeft

Philreal187

They say time is like a sword,
Striking the ambition chord,
Struggle has its own rewards,
So we hope u march on forward,
Muslims, jews, and Christians war,
No one is left to praise the lord!

K'naan - Be Free

grokit

well-worn member
"My conscience won't let me go shoot my brother, or some darker people, or some poor hungry people in the mud for big powerful America. And shoot them for what? They never called me nigger, they never lynched me, they didn't put no dogs on me, they didn't rob me of my nationality, rape and kill my mother and father. ... Shoot them for what? How can I shoot them poor people? Just take me to jail."

~ Muhammad Ali, 1967​

:rip:

Nooky72

Dog Marley
I'm a little embarrassed to post this after the thought provoking and deep posts by @grokit and @Nooky72.

I'm also immature and easily amused.

"Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano is one of my all time favourite characters, here's a few more pearls of wisdom from him in the Sopranos! Bada Bing

“If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.”

"I wipe my ass with your feelings."

“Even a broken clock is right twice a day.”

“I'm like King Midas in reverse. Everything I touch turns to s--t.”

“What use is an unloaded gun?”

“You got any idea what my life would be worth if certain people found out I checked into a laughing academy?”

Top Bottom