FAVOURITE portable vaporizer for a purse

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so having read through the forum I see that there are a lot of personal preferneces when it comes to vaporizers, including portable ones. I own the herbal aire, and I would like to purchase a portable one. I have read countless reviews, threads and more and still can not decide. Im very happy with the herbal aire but I just want something that is portable, that I can throw in my purse. (it does not have to be pocket size). I narrowed it down to the iolite models, the skyla and the whspr. Not too sure. I sorta wanted something that didnt use butane either and just was a recharable but I dont think those exist or I just did not do my homework well enough.
anyways any feed back will be just fantastic! Thanks a lot in advance fellow vapourizers! :goat:

ponyexpressway,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
IMO avoid the skyda as it's quality is not the best. It's a battery powered knockoff of the iolite. The DaVinci is similar, but it is far superior from what I've heard of the Skyda (I've never tried one, but I do own a DaVinci).

There are several battery powered options these days. Check out the threads on some of these (in no particular order):
Pax, Inhalator004, Solo, Thermovape and Magic Flight Launch Box. Each option has different pros and cons and they are pretty well documented here in the forum.

Good luck!

:peace:

max

Out to lunch
IMO avoid the skyda as it's quality is not the best. It's a battery powered knockoff of the iolite. The DaVinci is similar, but it is far superior from what I've heard of the Skyda (I've never tried one, but I do own a DaVinci).

There are several battery powered options these days. Check out the threads on some of these (in no particular order):
Pax, Inhalator004, Solo, Thermovape and Magic Flight Launch Box. Each option has different pros and cons and they are pretty well documented here in the forum.

Good luck!

I'll second some of Stu's stuff here. He's got the category pretty well covered IMO. The Skyda is a blatant iolite ripoff. Early on, some of 'em even had iolite on the housing. We prefer not to support this type of company. I've used both iolite and wispr. The latter is better but it's a toss up as to whether it's worth the extra $. The DaVinci replaced the iolite, wispr, and MF for me and suits me best so far although I havn't tried the rest of his list. They're all worth considering though. Better decide quick. The way the portable market is growing, there may be a dozen more before long.

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
The Solo, because it's the only one I have :p

It has served me for over a year now & is still going strong. But if I were buying a portable today I'd probably go for a Gnome & I'd have a real good look at the PAX too.

weedemon

enthusiast
currently my fave is the solo, but the pax is growing on me very nicely. before those I like mt Thermovape.

the gnome is great BUT ONLY IF you don't have to worry about being caught. if you do it becomes too impracticable imo. hot breakable glass, looks like hard drugs kit with a torch... someone is gonna call the cops cause they will think your doing crack or something. :(

personally id avoid the iolite whispr vapes... they are old news imo...

ones I would suggest you look into. (mflb, thermovape, solo, pax, puffit, davinci, inh004) i'd put a personal empasis on those green ones :)

bigtvapes

Stealth... no question... the Puffit. The new units don't have the plasticy taste supposedly. If it wasn't for that awful taste I'd be singing this thing's praises all over the place. It's a nice device but mine has a bad taste to it that I'm not digging.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
For ease of use, stealth and safety I would suggest the Magic Flight Launch Box.
Quick hits, no flames or hot surfaces; great value and effect. :2c:
Seconding this. Launch box can:

-heat up in 3 seconds, cool down in less
-fully visible vapor pathway that is only wood and stainless steel
-stays "on" as long as you press the battery/power adapter in, so it won't toast the herb while you don't hit it
-small as hell, easy to palm
-lifetime warranty, someone dropped theirs in the toilet and they got a new one sent immediately

the downsides are you cant completely clean it like you could a thermovape, and it takes at least 1-2 trenches to get the technique down, but once you get it you can produce some nice clouds (despite what others say ;) )

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
she doesn't want to use butane because it is usually inhaled? with a lotus vape there is no way to inhale the butane/flame residue.

She didn't say that. She just said she'd rather not use butane. Although you're right about inhaling butane with the Lotus, I wouldn't want to haul out a torch and hit a pipe device, but we should let her speak for herself.

rayski

I'm happy with the way my Solo performs and I think, with the 20% discount from Puffitup, it's a good value.
Some use the Solo stem with their Herbal Air.

max

Out to lunch
If I were a female wanting a portable to "throw in my purse", it wouldn't be a Lotus or a Solo. It would be some type of pocket portable. I realize the thread title is asking for everyone's favorite portable, but that's a bad title and due for an edit, which it's gonna get right about now.

max,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I've found the Launch Box to be an excellent "purse vape". I have a pouch for the LB and it's accoutrement which fits nicely in my purse. Has worked swimmingly for me for a couple years now. Of course you have to master the learning curve of the launch box but it is well worth learning. A great little vape I've used in places I would have never considered smoking.

I recently got a Pax and it's a nice fit for a purse vape as well but I'd hesitate to recommend it yet since it is so new to market and hasn't passed the test of time just yet.

Wow! Fantastic! After taking what all of you have said, and doing my resaerch on the ones you listed, the solo, and the magic flight etc. i have decided to get the solo. The solo is recommended for medicinal smokers like my self, and particularly for asthma cause its vaping through glass. I am going to order one, but now i need to get a grinder... are the acrylic cheep 5 dollar grinders any good? I saw the zeus but its expensive.

oh and thank you everyone! just fantastic support here in this forum. :) you made my day guys!

ponyexpressway,

Poochka

don't like the plastic grinders. can't stop thinking about the teeth breaking off. received a couple free with orders and gave them away with a warning about the breaking of teeth. like the aluminum or better grinders. next will be a titanium grinder. when the one here wears out.

Poochka,

max

Out to lunch
Poochka said:
like the aluminum or better grinders.
They're all aluminum, except for one model that keeps changing names but is always a stell/zinc allow-quite heavy.

next will be a titanium grinder
The Space Case titanium models are made of aluminum. They just have an anodized coating, and looks wise, don't hold up as well over time.

ponyexpressway said:
i need to get a grinder
You can get a Space Case for under $20- coupon code 'SpaceFC' - http://www.vapeworld.com/grinders/space-case/2-piece-grinders/small-space-case-2pc-mag-grinder

max,

Poochka

could swear i saw a titanium grinder for around $80. have to look again. titanium plating should be durable too. i don't know, as much as is ground around here this one is going to our last me lol

Poochka,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
If there is ANY portable I can see being thrown into a purse it would be the Magic flight launch box. It is a wonderful vape! small, portable, efficienct, and batteries are always replaceable for cheap! $10 for 4 &you can refresh them over time

Elluzion,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I bought a $10 electric coffee grinder at walmart and it works wonders.
This this this! Especially if you're going to get a launch box. The fine grind from coffee grinders is perfect. I have ran from ~1.5-4g at a time and it always comes out great. Get the kind that has the grinding chamber on top and it stays there, not the kinds that grind from the top and deposit it into a lower storage chamber. $15 Hamilton Beach at Walmart (the one with the clear top) is my grinder. Haven't even thought about the other two hand grinders I own.

Quetzalcoatl,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I tried a coffee grinder once, but found it to de-kief my bud too much. I collected a ton of kief from it so that was cool, but I realized that all that kief should've been on my weed in the first place.

I just use my Mendo's now and they are fine for me.

Stu,
Reactions: turk
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom