• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Favorite Vape to Enjoy the "Ritual" of Vaping? Why?

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Every vape I have used has a Ritual; how you pick it up, how you load it, how you heat it, how you draw from it, do you need to stir it, how you share it, how you clean it and how you set the vape down. The ritual is basically everything other than the vapor amount, flavor, density, temperature etcetera. I contend the ritual is equally important to the quality of the vapor for a good vaping experience. So of all your vapes, which has the best ritual and why? What about that ritual pushes all of your buttons or checks all of your boxes and why?

Tranquility

The vape that screams ritual to me is the MFLB. Not only is it the first that "worked" as a vape, so is connected with the early magic, but also is so close to the process it takes mental engagement to have it work well. You can't just push a button and suck, you have to roast the herb and...

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Sticky Brick or Firefly 2
What is it about the ritual with these two vapes? FF2 to me has a great ritual until you have to stir it, FF would be far better off using their technology in a standard bowl like the Mighty.. but being on demand would be a big advantage.. whereas you stir and you have herb all ove the place with the FF2.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
The vape that screams ritual to me is the MFLB. Not only is it the first that "worked" as a vape, so is connected with the early magic, but also is so close to the process it takes mental engagement to have it work well. You can't just push a button and suck, you have to roast the herb and...
How much do you use the MFLB as a result?

FabulatorPoeta

Where has the time gone?
This goes a similar route than the thread The Way of Cannabis.
My post there seems relevant in this one too, so here it is:

Akin to this slow paced ritual of tea, my vape of choice has been the VapCap, a wonderful and simple tool. I have never used a lighter of any kind, and I only vape inside at home. I microdose. In fact i really enjoy the time it takes and the atmosphere surrounding the use of a VapCap. A small and nice paraffine lamp, on a low table beside a comfortable arm chair, music in the background, heating the cap with the rotating movements swaying in the flame, waiting for the click and then tasting the vaped herb and feeling the subtle changes in vibration, all of this is in itself a soothing ritual. I can use both hands to heat my Vapcap while I relax in the chair. The time it takes is just that, the time it takes. I feel that, during that time, there is an esthetical kinship with some sophisticated and in no way sordid, opiium salon. Poetic atmosphere favorable to meditation, creation or simple relaxation.

116bea1f4eae5db3d0f851a2cc674823--opium-den-s.jpg

Set and setting. The journey is an integral part of getting there... :chill:

2011-09-28-OpiumDylan.jpg

Baudelaire's Invitation au voyage...
"Là tout n'est qu'ordre et beauté,
luxe, calme et volupté...
There all is order and beauty,
Luxury, peace, and pleasure."

Last edited:

hinglemccringleberry

My Alfa because it's the only vape I own that requires fine grind and tamping. So every time I want to use it I have to break out the equipment, fine grind just the right amount bud, scoop it into the oven and tamp it just right. It requires attention to detail that doesn't exist when loading convection and on demand style vapes.

Last edited:

howie105

What's fun about the Frankinvape? Any other vapes compare?

The Frankinvape is my best small dose vape and with a little tweaking a good hard hitter as well. I enjoyed figuring out how to mix and match all the parts and tweaks to get it working in its different configuration. Are there other vapes that compare? Probably but I haven't been looking.

My ritual is almost independent of vaporizer. Except when using the MFLB. That requires a double grind of a small amount; perhaps as much as 0.15 or as little 0.05 gm. I use the Nano grinder for all my vapes, but the MFLB gets a secondary grind in the Finishing grinder.

Sativapo

2 bowls of firewood 5 every sunday morning in the park walking my baby girl with her stroller. (my turn to wake up at 06:30-07:00 in the week end, the FW5 compensates for that). Got a fabric little pouch which holds a stirring tool, and I keep the FW inside it, just the mouthpiece protuding, if it's too cold. I vape walking and pushing the stroller with one hand or on a nice picnic bench/table under some old trees and if she falls asleep put some nice tunes on my earphones or listen to the news. The only problem was for stirring while pushing the stroller. Now I have a nice blow-stirring technique that avoids the problem. The form factor is discrete as it's hidden in my palm and the position reminds someone using an ecig mod. The multi-bowl tray is perfect for a walk and the walnut goes well with the "woody" spirit of this old parc (early 19th century).
Every now and then a nice lady tells me how cute she is, if she only new the kind dad is doing "drugs" :-)

Last edited:

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
Definitely my Omnivap xl. It has that fire element that is used so often in cultural and religious rituals. It’s an art. Where to place the heat? How to best spin? Even the use of the carb. It’s so non-modern in it’s use. I’m pretty sure National Geographic is gonna start showing tribes using Dynavap. Hell, I had a Jewish friend tell me how they can’t vape on the sabbath. I told him Dynavap + Shabbat candles = WIN! Now he enjoys both rituals during the sabbath. Shabbat Shalom (peace on the sabbath) indeed.

zor

Aw man, I love this thread topic, I adore rituals but tend to loathe habits. The difference, for me, is the deliberate and purposeful aspect of rituals, when taken to heart.

I vape in many different settings but my favorite is when I have the rare responsibility-free weekend day; prepping and loading my flowerpot early on a Saturday or Sunday morning in my vape den is blissful. Maybe one day I'll chronicle with pictures to accompany my old man memory, but the ideal day begins around 6 or 6:30. I'll turn my flowerpot on (616F) and head to the kitchen to get some dark roast coffee going in the French press and pound a glass of ice cold water.

Back in my den, after making a choice of flower or concentrate, I'll prep the bowl/dab and pick out some music and get that playing. Fetching my coffee, I sit my ass down and take the first hit of the day. That first deep pull elicits the deep pleasure of facing the day armed with my delightful vices, and is pretty much unmatched!

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Absolutely has to be my Dynavap. Every aspect of using it feels so purposeful. Loading the bowl, heating through one’s chosen method (I alternate between a torch and an induction heater). The waiting and listening for the click requires an attentiveness that most other vapes lack (how many of us started a session on an electric vape only to forget about it halfway through and when we finally come back realize that the auto shutoff engaged and we’re looking at a cold bowl?).

There’s the tactile feeling of the body or stem rotating between your fingers as you heat it. The attention to how you apply the flame, the knowledge that it’s worth the wait and the effort.

IMO these aspects are major elements in why the Dynavap is so popular.

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
Easy, my Vapman. First there is a technique to using it so you have to be involved compared to other "press and play" vapes. And then there is the craftsmanship. I admire it every time I hold it. It also has the advantage ( for me ) of using a lighter. Ever since I FC 10 years ago I've missed using a lighter, and I have a collection of them.

Top Bottom