1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite on demand battery vape poll

Discussion in 'Ask FC' started by Crim, Feb 28, 2018.

Tags:
?

What is your vote for favorite on demand battery vape?

1. Milaana - MistVape Touch - Unregulated

23 vote(s)
    39.0%
  2. Zion - Firewood - Regulated

9 vote(s)
    15.3%
  3. Splinter - Iheat - Tubo - Etc

18 vote(s)
    30.5%
  4. Firefly 2

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  5. Grasshopper

9 vote(s)
    15.3%
  6. Ghost MV1

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  7. Elevape smart vape

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  8. Minivap

3 vote(s)
    5.1%
  9. MFLB

8 vote(s)
    13.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Crim

Crim No one gets out alive

Here is the poll for Favorite on demand battery vape previously discussed in this post:
    http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/your-favorite-on-demand-vape.26312/

I have allowed two votes per user. Please only vote for vapes you have actually used. I will be posting a separate poll for Favorite on demand butane powered unit as well.

If I got something wrong or missed something please let me know and we can reset poll.

Thanks! :brow:

2. TeeJay1952

TeeJay1952 Well-Known Member

Lil Bud

Mr. Gweilo 420 and P.A.M. like this.
  3. oddjobold

oddjobold Well-Known Member

Splinter.

Mr. Gweilo 420 likes this.
  4. P.A.M.

P.A.M. Vapo Rising

+ 1 for Lil Bud

@Crim , Lil' Bud first units are being received this week , more in coming weeks, many active members expecting one . If could please add it to MistVape / Milaana group, it a true on demand unregulated vape :rockon:

Mr. Gweilo 420 likes this.
  5. Etsu

Etsu Active Member

Interesting survey! I am actually looking for an on demand battery vape, and hesitate for now between Milaana, Firefly 2 and just discovered the Lil bud yesterday. Your votes will certainly help me!

Crim and P.A.M. like this.
  6. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

I voted for the Milaana. It’s reliable and hard hitting. I didn’t vote for the Grasshopper because they may not work when you need it. Hopefully GH is getting their shit together.:2c:

AJS, cannabis.pro, ZC and 1 other person like this.
  7. oddjobold

oddjobold Well-Known Member

Surprised unregulated gets so many votes. Regulated is superior imo.

8. virtualpurple

virtualpurple Well-Known Member

Of what you've listed I would say zion, but I'd love to see the tubo on the poll!

frosty234 and Crim like this.
  9. asdf420

asdf420 Well-Known Member

The Project, anyone? i've been daydreaming of building one

Crim likes this.
  10. little maggie

little maggie Well-Known Member

The tubo is in the poll. It's a bit confusing to know whether someone is voting for the splinter or the tubo because they are listed together. Same for MVT and milaana.

Maybe once enough people have voted the top 3 can be broken down into their component vapes so that the splinter, iheat and tubo can be voted on separately.

Crim, btka, frosty234 and 1 other person like this.
  11. virtualpurple

virtualpurple Well-Known Member

Thank you @little maggie I did not catch that.

12. ZC

ZC Well-Known Member

Milaana for me but definitely found the categories to be strange. Like yeah the Zi and the F4 are both regulated but they couldn't be more different.

I think in general regulation is a good thing but the reason I'd vote for the Mi over the others is mostly form factor.

Box mod + iHeat/Splinter+ stem is just huge and cumbersome, and not discreet/pocketable.
    The Mi gets as much power as I'd want out of those on a full battery, so for me as long as you change the battery somewhat often its the same experience while working better on the go. Likewise the tubo and the zion are both huge for my tastes but they solve the "cumbersome" part of the equation.

Grasshopper is regulated and IMO not as good as the other devices, it just gets points for stealth and size.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    cannabis.pro and Crim like this.
  13. johnnyCanuck

johnnyCanuck Well-Known Member

I disagree with your comment on the grasshopper. I have yet to see another battery powered vape that gets to temperature faster. Efficiency is top notch. With respect to vaping, I’d say the only real negative would be the short vapour path making it a bit hot/uncomfortable in the throat at times (But I tend to vape at the highest temp). Doesn’t bother me most of the time.

guyonthecouch, Crim and btka like this.
  14. ZC

ZC Well-Known Member

The grasshopper is impressive for its size for sure, but even with brand new batteries I find its battery life to be practically useless, its taste to be sub-par, and yeah the short vapor path leads to hot vapor and a hot mouthpiece.

I get faster, cooler, and tastier results with the Mi or iHeat without any of the drawbacks of the hopper.

Don't get me wrong, again the hopper is impressive for its size, but I pretty much ONLY use it if I'm taking a quick hit before a movie. YMMV.

15. little maggie

little maggie Well-Known Member

The MVT is a bit more compact than the milaana. The main reason I don't use it as much as the others is that almost all of my other vapes use 18mm stems.

Crim and ZC like this.
  16. Crim

Crim No one gets out alive

Good Idea, I will create a new poll breaking down the most voted options.

17. beyond6strings

beyond6strings Just another traveller in the Dynaverse

Milaana. And unregulated all the way for me. My regulated device is in drawer gathering dust.

cannabis.pro, AJS and just_the_flu like this.
  18. AJS

AJS Calm Consistency

I can go from cold to huge cloud faster with the Mi2 than I can the GH. And my Zion on high temp. And my Splinter on high temp, with better flavor from all of them and stronger effects. But that's just me personally.

cannabis.pro likes this.
  19. invertedisdead

invertedisdead trance-form

Live fast, die young? :D

just_the_flu and AJS like this.
  20. steama

steama slightly stoopid

I am a little surprised not to see the Pax 3 on this list with a heat up time of 15 to 20 seconds from a cold start. I would call that on demand vapor without a doubt.

:myday:

21. Cheesequake

Cheesequake Well-Known Member

If I could only pick one vape and reliability wasn't a factor it would 100% be the Grasshopper. If I could only pick one vape and reliability was a factor it would be the Splinter or Milaana (tough choice.)
    RBT tech/GH is about the same for me as far as speed goes. I always hold the Splinter/Milaana down for 5 seconds to pre-heat when cold so GH 5 second heatup isn't much a factor I guess. Both are basically instant for me. When it comes to vapor thickness throughout the entire hit though Grasshopper wins hands down.

Grasshopper
    Click to play YouTube Video

Splinter

Milaana

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    AJS and ZC like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors