Faster Bubble Hash ?

sea dog

I usually make lower quality bud and trim into B.H. with a couple 5 gal washing machines.
I have been running 15 minutes and rinsing and do that twice with 1/2 pound runs.
I would like to save some time but still get some good results - Maybe 10 min twice ?
How much time do you use when using a washer to make bubble hash ?? Do you do it twice ?

sea dog,

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Depends on your aimed quality. For full melt I let it run just 30-60sec. The longer the stuff is agitated the more worthless finest plant material is going into your yield. After that a 2nd longer run and 2-3 washes of the material produces stuff that is worth a rosin squish.
Take care to agitate it carefully to avoid producing unnecessary plant material.

sea dog

Thanks for the replies - I press it all into to rosin as it is hard to make the ultimate B.H. out of $20 a P machine trim. I did 2) 10 minute runs yesterday and still got 90 g of wet B.H. out of a P. That is better than some of the bud I turned into B.H. lately. I will keep trying less time until the recovery drops off. I recently got another 'washer' with a spin side and I think it has helped increase recovery.

sea dog

I used one of those 5 gal washers for a couple years.
I recently got one with a spin side for $85 off Ebay.
I use the spinner on the bags of both machines.
Much less labor squeezing the bags and more recovery too :-)

sea dog,
Reactions: Hogni

miguelovic

Upgrade to 20 gallon machines?

A bad example would be baking a cake. What benefit is there to shortening the total cooking time?

Personally I wash 5-10 minutes at a time and continue until yield tapers and contaminate increases, roughly 20-30% of the first or second pull. Maybe 3-4 washes with trim and 5-8+ with flower.

miguelovic,
Reactions: Hogni

sea dog

We are trying to get approved for making meds for vets.
If that happens I will have a bunch of 20 gal machines !
We have farmers on board to donate 1000 Ps already !

Hogni

In that case 20gal are much too less! Better look for 100gal at least. You can find a lot of useful equipment at brewers stuff. I for myself have an isolated 30gal vessel with electric stirrer, false bottom as a pre-filter and am filtering the outrunning water through 7 Bubble bags. Filtering process nearly doesn't much more time than the time for draining the water out of the vessel only.
Fresh water for each run for avoiding an unnecessary contamination with chlorophyll.
The same your yield you also should rinse with fresh water until it's running clear.
Ice is reusable.

Hogni,

sea dog

I am just a poor disabled vet. - I am getting 21% wet B.H. from trim.
I get around 48 % squeezing that - I have basically unlimited supply :-)

Hogni

That's the reason for my proposal to a larger vessel. How long do intend to stand at your machine to process 1000 pounds? Per month? Per quarter? Per year?

Hogni,

Hogni

A well trained working-horse doesn't need any sleep. You are my man. ;)

Hogni,
Top Bottom