Fast & heavy home hitter

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Magic 9, the UD does not send to the EU.

Tweak, the comparison was to the Cloud, not the Enano. Hence the temperature regulation and the better heat retention.

Max, so if i get what you are saying, the SSV provides a more flavourfull hit or a more thick hit? Or both?
I don't get how the SSV is able to give you a hit that is more hard on the lungs but the EVO has a faster extraction.

Osd Dsn, yes and i put the nano in front because it seems more pratical to use overall than the other two.

vorrange,
Reactions: Magic9

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Tweak, the comparison was to the Cloud, not the Enano. Hence the temperature regulation and the better heat retention.

Yeah I know. I was just stating that the SSV has a similar heater to the E-Nano, which is known to produce some huge clouds.

I doubt the SSV needs much heat retention. The ceramic element is directly in the path of the intake, so it pulls the heat from it. I can see the element dim when I draw. The Cloud has to pull the heat from the hot glass, and then the heater has to reheat the glass. Glass has great heat retention yes, but poor heat conduction.

In a post earlier, Clouded Vision pointed me to a post by Alan, the manufacturer of the HI. He modded his LSV to use a metal HI sleeve. He states:

Since the metal mass is so small and the LSV is so powerful, it is able to heat up in 1 minute. The dial never really needs to go beyond 12 o'clock. The heat just never ends. It will continue roasting for as long as you can draw air. It can really be a monster hitter with great flavor.

Tweak,
Reactions: Magic9

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I know about that too... i wasn't questioning the ability to produce clouds. I had a buddha which is very similar. I was just surprised for your comment about the SSV dry getting you higher than the Cloud because i always heard otherwise... i was thinking that the harsher taste could be because of the element being on the air path vs the Cloud. But if you do get higher, then the SSV extracts better then the Cloud or you just inhale more volume of vapour?

I'm not trying to be stubborn, i just want to understand why you say that. I might have to get me a SSV just to see what you mean. haha.

vorrange,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
I might have to get me a SSV just to see what you mean. haha.

No need to. 7th Floor states:

"Will Silver Surfer products work with Da Buddha (and vice-versa)?
  • All accessories that work with the Silver Surfer will also work with your Da Buddha Vaporizer.
  • We can make Standard and Spherical Heater Covers to fit your Da Buddha. Contact Us to place your order."
I've never seen it done. I'm curious to see if 7th floor will make them.

Would like to try Alan's mod.

Tweak,
Reactions: vorrange

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Yeah, i've thought about that many times, but it never got done. Now i sold the Buddha to a friend, might buy it as a gift, hahaha.

I'm sure Alan will guide you through it, shoot him an email, if he can, he'll help you. ;)

vorrange,
Reactions: Tweak

cawshook

Solod out.
If you were already sold on the e-nano but are concerned that it isn't CE certified, you should definitely look at the UD or HI (long waiting list but there's one in the classifieds now). Both of these are 12v units with a very common sized jack so it would be very easy to find your own CE power supply. These would be my personal choice with the LSV being a close second. Any of these would be great to use regularly with a bong but can still provide great dry hits.

@Tweak , Alan who makes the toasty top and heat island has installed a metal HC on a LSV
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-hi.4693/page-145#post-412510
hilifesabertop.jpg
Why is the lsv a close second? What exactly do you dislike about it? Im curious bcz im thinking of getting either the lsv or enano.

Osn Dosn

...has anyone compared one of the 4 (Evo, MiniVap, E Nano, SSV/LSV) to the Plenty?!

Maybe I never should have sold it with it's conduction/convection mix that looks more advanced now compared to others.

Still I'd prefer the Nano. But I've talked to the biggest vapeshop here and they told me that customs won't let it through almost definitely.. But well, this is Germany, HIERR HERRSCHT RRRECHT UND ORRRDNUNG!!!, but I heard of people in France and the UK that had no issues at all. Maybe there's at least one good reason for the US<>EU free trade agreement :D

I asked in it's thread but without results, so to try it again: if anyone in a more laisser-faire EU country is willing to order one and then send it to me, you can give it a try and get some extra €€€ !

Osn Dosn,

Dafni

I asked in it's thread but without results, so to try it again: if anyone in a more laisser-faire EU country is willing to order one and then send it to me, you can give it a try and get some extra €€€ !

I would do it for you, and I offered it to another german member in the past. But in the end someone has to cross the border and drop it in a german post office, or you would have the same problem if they open it at the custom service. Another member who lives closer to the border did it in the end. Send a PM to VakedCow and ask him if he does it again.
If you live in the south of germany and wouldnt mind a quick trip then I could help you out.

The ENano is a fantastic device, I strongly suggest it. I have had 3 so far, passed 2 on to friends who did not want to order overseas themselfes. Since I have the Nano I use no other home vapes. Nano for home, Lotus for outside, my favorites at the moment, they leave nothing to wish for IMO.

Good luck, don't hesitate to contact me when you need help

Osn Dosn

That's pretty cool dude, thanks a lot for offering!!

What I don't get is this
I would do it for you, and I offered it to another german member in the past. But in the end someone has to cross the border and drop it in a german post office, or you would have the same problem if they open it at the custom service

because no custom controls within the EU and therefore no need to drop it in a German post office.

But as you're asking if I live in the south, I do, south-west and just a stone's throw to France, but probably you're talking about Switzerland..the one small non EU island..then you'd be right about the customs :/ May I just ask which Kanton you live in?

Osn Dosn,

Dafni

That's pretty cool dude, thanks a lot for offering!!

What I don't get is this

because no custom controls within the EU and therefore no need to drop it in a German post office.

But as you're asking if I live in the south, I do, south-west and just a stone's throw to France, but probably you're talking about Switzerland..the one small non EU island..then you'd be right about the customs :/ May I just ask which Kanton you live in?

Yes, you are absolutely right, a frenchman would not have to cross the border... ;)

stay tuned for a PM!

Dafni,
Reactions: Osn Dosn

clouded vision

Why is the lsv a close second? What exactly do you dislike about it? Im curious bcz im thinking of getting either the lsv or enano.
I haven't used the e-nano but I have 2 logs. Really though you can't go wrong with either the LSV or a log. I prefer logs (at least the second gen like HI, UD, e-nano with a less restricted draw) because IMO they can do everything the LSV can and more.
First they can be left on 24/7 abd while technically you could do the same with the LSV, the body of it gets to hot to hold after about 45 minutes unless it is standing up (which it doesn't do on its own) or being used constantly so you keep drawing air through to cool it down a little. Also I found that the logs can produce thick vapor quicker than the LSV because the load is closer to the heater. I'm not saying the LSV can't knock you on your ass, but I like instant vapor. Also it is easier to do smaller loads with a log because of the smaller bowl which is good for me as I usually vape alone. I also preferred the feel of the wood over metal and the smaller size of logs. Lastly, without any glass logs are more durable if dropped. The LSV does win for flavor but I already have a solo, cera and VXC for that

TLDR, you really can't go wrong with either a log or LSV. For my personal preferences listed above,I chose a log.

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
I haven't used the e-nano but I have 2 logs. Really though you can't go wrong with either the LSV or a log. I prefer logs (at least the second gen like HI, UD, e-nano with a less restricted draw) because IMO they can do everything the LSV can and more.
First they can be left on 24/7 abd while technically you could do the same with the LSV, the body of it gets to hot to hold after about 45 minutes unless it is standing up (which it doesn't do on its own) or being used constantly so you keep drawing air through to cool it down a little. Also I found that the logs can produce thick vapor quicker than the LSV because the load is closer to the heater. I'm not saying the LSV can't knock you on your ass, but I like instant vapor. Also it is easier to do smaller loads with a log because of the smaller bowl which is good for me as I usually vape alone. I also preferred the feel of the wood over metal and the smaller size of logs. Lastly, without any glass logs are more durable if dropped. The LSV does win for flavor but I already have a solo, cera and VXC for that

TLDR, you really can't go wrong with either a log or LSV. For my personal preferences listed above,I chose a log.

I tend to agree with this. I should be getting my email from Alan any day now and once I get my HI, I am going to revisit my need for the LSV.

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Also I found that the logs can produce thick vapor quicker than the LSV because the load is closer to the heater.

This is why I believe my SSV beats the LSV. I have my load less than 1mm away from the heater output hole, actually touching the glass, so the vapor is instant and the heat penetrates the entire load. I believe that when the heat has to travel a longer distance, it cannot penetrate as deep, essentially only vaping the top layer of your load.

Would you consider the E-nano a log vape? I really want to try one and have been eyeing the Nano for some time.

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
Um guys. That's why there is a knob on the LSV. It goes all the way to high. ;)

If it can combust then you are getting enough heat to the herb.

My point is, the SSV and or Nano may in some way generate more clouds than the LSV, I have not tried either of those two? But if so, it is due to some other factor. Not the fact that the heat is closer.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
The thick vapor is more about the narrow vapor path. I'd like to see a heater cover with a much narrower airpath, i believe that will thicken the vapor even more in the SSV.

That is perhaps the secret of Alans mod.

clouded vision

My SSV was the standard glass wand and the bowl was fairly deep so there was quite a distance between the heater and the load. Moreover, any turns the air has to make will decrease efficiency (not extraction efficiency) because both hitting the glass wall and the turbulent air will cool down the air that was heated. Honestly though the distance from the heater is probably the biggest determining factor, so when I compared my LSV to my SSV, the LSV was slightly better (also I don't really like whips but that's my personal preference). With a different wand,I could see the SSV making vapor quicker but I wasn't going to pay for new wands and HC (which I think are over priced) plus a had a couple bad experiences with 7th floor's customer service so I may also be slightly biased against them. I had 2 separate orders they forgot a small item from each order and never responded to numerous emails, first was the second glass pick when they were bogo and second was some wax melt samples there should have been included. Even though I'm not happy about the customer service (my emails should have at least been answered) my opinions of their products were not affected by this. I still believe they make a very high quality product that delivers exactly what it should but there are other manufacturers that do it just a little bit better. If I liked whips though I would get another SSV hands down.

Edit: I absolutely think that how close the load is to the heater is an important factor to consider but it doesn't affect how dense the vapor output is. What it does affect is how quickly it can start producing those thick clouds. With a large gap between the heater and load, you have to pull more ambient air through the load before the hot air gets there to start producing vapor

Last edited:
clouded vision,
Reactions: chimpybits

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Um guys. That's why there is a knob on the LSV. It goes all the way to high. ;)

I keep hearing this. That turning up the heat should do the same thing as moving the material closer to the heat. It can't be that simple can it? :shrug:

I like to use the analogy of a pressure washer. To really get penetration you need to move the pressure to as close to what you are washing, simply turning up the pressure won't always do it. You could hold the washer a couple feet from the object all day and you are just soaking it with water.

Heat is just a transferring of energy. The farther the heat has to travel the more energy that is lost. The VXC's heater is < 1" away from the material also. Sitting right below the bottom where the ELB sits.

I dunno, maybe I am wrong. Beginning to think I'm crazy, :mental: :freak:

My idea for a perfect vaporizer would be two screens with a very thin layer of material sandwiched between them. The heater then moves across the screen slowly, applying heat to the thin square layer of material. As each little bit gets vaped it's desired amount, the heater then moves to the next section. This would ensure even vaping of all material, a fresh hit every time, and no blockage of airflow from already vaped materials. Kind of like a printer filling a page with ink.

Sorry OP for going off topic. I'll show my way out now, :spliff:

grokit

well-worn member
Ssv and lsv are basically the same thing, with the lsv being more convenient for glass and the ssv better on a tabletop. And while a log vape is a similar form factor, so is a vxc cloud and the evo may represent the very best evolution of the lsv/log form factor to date. Although the versa infinity may give it a run for the $.
:2c:

grokit,
Reactions: vorrange
Top Bottom