Extreme Vaporizer Vs. Iolite (I Inhale)

mlid

Hey, i have never owned a vaporizer but im really interested in getting one. Money is not an issue but which one is better? I need one that does not smell alot of weed when used. The extreme looks good and it seems like it might work better that the iolite. But i really like the portable feature with i olite i really ,Like do u think i could use it on the subway and the bus? lol :D

mlid,

lwien

One is designed as a home unit. The other, a portable. Kind of like comparing apples to oranges, even though they both grow on trees.

Yes, you can use the Iolite on the subway or bus. You can even put it into an empty soft drink cup, put a staw on the Iolites stem and stick the straw thru a lid. Put lid on cup, and toke away. No one would be the wiser. Or............spend half as much and get a LaunchBox that you can hide in the palm of your hand and is about a quarter of the size of an Iolite.

But for a home unit, the Extreme is a good choice. Other good choices out there also.

lwien,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
Look at the Magic Flight Launch Box...its has low odor (if used in the proper way) and can EASILY be palmed.

I have been real lit in places i thought I'd never be able to medicate. Wicked awesome device.

finchrock24,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I'd 2nd Lwien's post! Apples and oranges for sure. Home or portable, that is the questions :)

Lo,

fidget

I've got both and think both are excellent.
Try taking an Extreme to the pub !

fidget,

smoknaces

Account Closed
unless you received a masters in electrical engineering i would avoid the iolite.

Its not THAT difficult to use, but its definitely a lot more effort than its worth.

just my $.02, of course

smoknaces,

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
If you want to maintain a light buzz , an iolite will do that for you . If you want to get ripped , go with the Extreme , like lwien said , "apples to oranges " :2c:

Samsquanch,

max

Out to lunch
smoknaces said:
unless you received a masters in electrical engineering i would avoid the iolite.

Its not THAT difficult to use, but its definitely a lot more effort than its worth.

just my $.02, of course
More effort than it's worth? I disagree. Load, flip a switch, press a button, wait for appropriate temp. I find it an easy to use vape.

Samsquanch said:
If you want to maintain a light buzz , an iolite will do that for you .
A fixed temp vape may only give YOU a light buzz, but you shouldn't imply that it's the case for everyone. That's like saying it takes a six-pack to get a good alcohol buzz. I'm happy to say I can get a nice high from the iolite.

max,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
max said:
A fixed temp vape may only give YOU a light buzz, but you shouldn't imply that it's the case for everyone. That's like saying it takes a six-pack to get a good alcohol buzz. I'm happy to say I can get a nice high from the iolite.
I find the Iolite is great for maintaining a heavy buzz that I've started with the Extreme or for topping up an edible buzz. It takes me longer to get medicated with the Iolite, but it does get you there.

Tom

tdavie,

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
True Max , but we are comparing iolite to Extreme , where with the iolite you are limited to one temp , but with an Extreme you are open to all vaping temps , believe me , I use both EVERY day , but when I'm at home I pretty much just use the Extreme , the iolite is for portability when I'm out and about :2c:

Samsquanch,

Raf007

Retailer
I agree, i feel the Iolite is not enough as a main vape, but it has its pros,
u can vape anywhere (bus, train ) while having one free hand to read or do whatever u want.
but for sure, the fact that u can't rise the temps stops one from being able to vape completely the herb.

Also it takes quite some time to vape a load, like 20 min.

Raf007,

GreenLeaf

lwien said:
One is designed as a home unit. The other, a portable. Kind of like comparing apples to oranges, even though they both grow on trees.

Yes, you can use the Iolite on the subway or bus. You can even put it into an empty soft drink cup, put a staw on the Iolites stem and stick the straw thru a lid. Put lid on cup, and toke away. No one would be the wiser. Or............spend half as much and get a LaunchBox that you can hide in the palm of your hand and is about a quarter of the size of an Iolite.

But for a home unit, the Extreme is a good choice. Other good choices out there also.
You can also make a stealth vape drink cup with the magic flight launch box.

Just use some silicone tubing or a whip that the magic flight people sell and use a drink cup.

GreenLeaf,

max

Out to lunch
Samsquanch said:
True Max , but we are comparing iolite to Extreme , where with the iolite you are limited to one temp , but with an Extreme you are open to all vaping temps , believe me , I use both EVERY day , but when I'm at home I pretty much just use the Extreme , the iolite is for portability when I'm out and about :2c:
I don't want to be limited to a fixed temp vape either, and I'll certainly agree that a big hitting home vape with temp control can get you wrecked in a hurry, vs. something like the iolite or PD/MZ. I just disagreed with your "light buzz" statement for everyone, since tolerances do vary. For portable use, it's convenient and I'm quite satisfied with the high. The LB is a good option here, if higher temps are desired. I've got both and wouldn't want to do without either one.

Raf007 said:
Also it takes quite some time to vape a load, like 20 min.
Yeah, depending on how much a load is. This isn't an iolite issue either. It's because it has a fixed temp. If you use a variable temp vape, and start out in the range that fixed temp units use, and gradually move the temp up, you'll get a lot more hits than if you start at a high temp.

max,

Raf007

Retailer
therefore it is an iolite issue :) imHo .
but it s true it also depend on the size of the load.
What i meant, is that if you want to vape in a hurry the iolite is a no match. when with the LB (that i never tried btw) it seems to be possible to vape a load within a few puffs.

Raf007,

Samsquanch

Vapor Astronaut
Max - when I say "light buzz" , I am referring to the fact that you are only receiving a partial extract from your herb , not the full spectrum , "getting ripped" refers to getting the max from your herb . Either way , all the guy wanted was an opinion as for an introductory vape . Neither of these units was my first , but I would still recommend the extreme over the iolite because there is more versatility and room for experimentation

Samsquanch,

Budz Bunny

You know what kills me is that someone comes along and asks a question, the members here discuss ad nauseum, and then we never hear from the original poster again.

Budz Bunny,

Raf007

Retailer
same story in every forum whatever the topic, better not to mind it brah. :/

Raf007,

mlid

thanks guys, i think im ganna go with the v tower, and buy some nice bud with the leftover money :lol: also i will probs be in a hurry, does it turn off buy its self or should i unplug it?

mlid,
Top Bottom