Extreme Vap - metal screens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kram

Hi

I've been doing plenty of reading over numerous forums and have decided to go for the Extreme...but could someone explain what is the go with the metal screens? I thought it was supposed to be glass-on-glass, toxic free, etc... The screen sits above the herb to prevent inhalation (?) so would it not get hot enough to release the sinful byproducts the Extreme claims to avoid?

kram,

spyder

You are gonna have a metal screen with just about any vape... don't sweat it.

does not even get close to hot enough

spyder,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
metal is reduce to minimum in the extreme man ...dont worry about it

Clear_Dome,

max

Out to lunch
Screens are perfectly safe at the temps involved. I blame Arizer as much as anyone else for perpetuating these myths. He's always used 'scare tactic' advertising. He's not the only one either.

"Others use metals, plastics, Teflon, aluminum and even wood in their construction or parts which can give off harmful toxins, bad taste and a poor experience."

I believe he used that same line in his original V-Tower advertising on eBay.

"Ceramic is used so there is no concern of toxins or bad tastes as there can be from metal heaters."

Manufacturers went to ceramic heaters for longevity, not safety. Vapor Brothers was one of the last brand name vapes to move from metal to a ceramic heating element, and they'd have you believe that theirs is the only safe ceramic element. :rolleyes:

"Vapor Brothers is proud to announce our NATURAL MINERAL HEATER is the first truly safe ceramic heating element for use in vaporizers, and only available in Vaporbrothers Vaporizers. We've carefully designed our heater to be free of Aluminum, plastic, or dirty industrial materials."
http://www.vaporbrothers.com/

VB would also like you to believe they have a lifetime warranty, but warranty means free repair and theirs only covers 2 yrs.

"You will get 2 years of free repair from the purchase date, and don't have to provide proof of purchase to take advantage of our warranty. Beyond 2 years, there is a flat fee for warranty repair which is currently $35. There are extra shipping charges if you live outside the continental US."

I can pick on the maker of my beloved SSV too.

"The heating element is actually encased in a ceramic coating. This provides a longer service life than the conventional nichrome-iron wire elements that are exposed to the air. The heating element does not become oxidized then corrode, deteriorate and burn out in only a few months."
http://www.silversurfervap.com/herbalvaporizerinformation.htm

(On their 'compare' page they also say the Vapezilla, Evolutions, and Vapolution housings get "really hot" during use. Not true at all. In fact, the Vapolution housing barely gets warm.)

The Vapolution happens to use a wire heater that's wrapped around the outside of the glass heating chamber. If it burned out in a few months due to oxidation, corrosion, etc., they would gone out of business long ago. Mine's been going for over 2 yrs. now. So even a metal element can be long lived, depending on the design. The Vapo guys aren't above BS either. They advertise a lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects, yet they charge either $25 or $50 for any repairs after 90 days.

Bottom line-don't believe everything you read concerning the vapor industry. You've got to sift through a lot of advertising that says the other guys make vapes that are crappy and/or dangerous, not to mention myths floating around forums.

To be fair, there are manufacturers that don't point fingers at others in their advertising, and they're to be applauded IMO.

max,

voporay

thetemps on the extreme dont get anywhere near the temp to cause stainless to release any toxins.so it iscompletely safe .. gotta have a screen to keep out the mini particulates. youcan not go wrong with the extreme the company and product is top notch.. gotthe tube vapin some sweet green now.. enjoying my purchase

voporay,

voporay

hey max about the scare tactics they use to sell these things, its almost a shame that we cant just buy something isnt it.. we must be scared, threatened or, left to feel inadequate so the advertisers seem to think..
bam new line. i will say this i just today used a friends,,i wanna say herbal air,, the self contained kind lookes kinda like a plastic handheld thing... and i can say it did not work like my x , nowhere near as efficent, and there was a deff. plasticky taste..this is the only other vape i have used

voporay,

max

Out to lunch
Bad info is a plague in the vaporizer community. It can prevent people from buying the vape that's right for their lifestyle and needs. And when multiple manufacturers (including the ones with 1st class products) are pointing fingers at the other guys with vague threats to your health, 'only my company has an effective and safe vaporizer' type crap, people new to vaping don't know who or what to trust. This thread is a perfect example. Arizer's ad copy condemns metal in a vape as dangerous for venting toxins, yet the Extreme uses a metal screen. :huh:

And if you do enough reseach to determine that Arizer and 7th Floor (or whoever) are putting out info that's not true, whether it unjustly condemns materials that other vape makers use, or gives wrong info about some other vape's housing getting hot when it barely gets warm, why would you then trust either company as far as buying their product? And it's shame that people get put in this situation, since these two companies in particular have great products and will never do you wrong as far as providing good service.

IMO vape makers should follow the example of companies like Storz&Bickel (Volcano), VaporWarez, and our resident vape maker Tom (Purple-Days). All of them tout their vapes, like any good company should, yet they don't point fingers at the competition and say 'stay away from these materials/vapes-they'll give you brain tumors and shrink your dick to the size of a toothpick'. Even Tom, who uses RoHS compliant components and wiring, doesn't infer that other companies use components containing lead. He just says "We are proud of our 100% Lead-Free Promise".

A big part of the problem is that there is zero regulation in the vaporizer market. It's sort of an underground industry. Vapes are legal because all kinds of legal herbs can be vaporized, but we know 99% of them are used mostly for mj. The other main problem is that virtually no research has been done in the area of materials used as far as safety. I mean, who's going to pay for research? Reseach and testing costs money, and there has to be a profit in it somewhere in order for a company to put out that money. This is why only drugs that can be patented get funds for studies. Big Pharma can't make money on a natural herb, so they'd rather slander it than tout it.

There's nobody to lobby vape makers but us. We're the ones that have to sift through the garbage to separate the good info from the bad. We should be emailing the manufacturers who are doing it right (like the ones I listed) and praising them for not bad mouthing the competition. And we should also be emailing the ones using negative advertising (especially when it's not true), and telling them that we don't like it, and that in some cases they're just creating mistrust in their own companies. Certainly neither Arizer nor 7th Floor needs to use negative advertising at this point. They're both selling vapes like crazy. Not trying to pick on either company either. They're both just good examples of what's right AND wrong with the vaporizer industry.

i just today used a friends,,i wanna say herbal air,, the self contained kind lookes kinda like a plastic handheld thing... and i can say it did not work like my x , nowhere near as efficent, and there was a deff. plasticky taste..this is the only other vape i have used
Sounds like a Vapir One to me. Why don't you look at a dealer site (gotvape, vaporizer giant, vapenow, etc.) and confirm that. The herbalAire is not hand held, and it's extremely efficient (with no plastic taste either). As it stands now, that part of your post just serves to put down the wrong vape and spread more misinformation. I'd hate for someone to read that and leave the site with bad info about a good vape. So after you confirm the correct vape ID, please edit your post so as to not unjustly slam the herbalAire. ;)

max,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
Wicked post max. I have been troubled and turned off by this scenario much in the same way, and I think you nailed the problem (and the beginning of it's solution...the actions of us, the "users") right on the head. The only thing I could possibly add is that this type of in house fighting can feed back into an uniformed individuals experience, and it can therefore inadvertently deter the progress of a genuine understanding of vaporization concepts. All of the flashy sales grabs really confuse the subject at hand. Because of this, I'm sure many people who didn't do their research well enough in the beginning have given up by now. I'm not saying that in the "perfect world" everyone must abandon combustion, it's an individual choice really; but I would love to see all of the deception, bullshit and sales tactics (which spread lies and misinformation in the name of $$) fade into the territory of memory. It's a lot to ask, and obviously vaporizers are like any marketplace in this respect. Run by people. Therefore, it reflects the multitude of human desires. Greed is unfortunately comfortably resting high upon that list. Spread the truth and perhaps more minds will open to this beautiful technology. More vapor tactics, less sales tactics! :/

partially veiled,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
yeah spot on fella's scare tactics are Bullshit, i would rather hear about Possible lifestyle changes or benifit's to sell me , rather than unsubstantiated claims of Health concerns, Like you said Max it's an underground industry for two reason's, Cannabis User's being the major benificiary of this Technology and the marginalisation of us due to mainstream Communications,( the web is still early days) Like ive said b4, 8% of my Bro's use a vaporiser, and who the fuck eats it hey, Your not gonna hear about Arizer or 7th Floor on "Eyeball News" free to air. so it's people waking up, and surfing their way to the solutions themselves.

Cannabudz,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
go from 30% to 95% effeciency, quite Smoking in the process, ultimately save enough money to Change Your Life, their the sort of claims, Backed up independant Reviews, who communicate with each other, that i want to hear. I only found that here Dooodz.

Underground fuckyeah , your going against the tide if you expect this to be taken up on MASS, best you can hope for is a few conversions close to home,
my 2 "Dope Smoking" brother's don't want to know about it, & i have no investment in their Life decisions @ all :)

Cannabudz,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Thats a great post Max and this is why this forum and the info contained is so very important and needs to remain factual.

vaporcloud,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom