extreme q or da buddah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gadabout

hey everyone! i have been using a mflb with power adapter now for over 2 years and really want to expand now. i have been looking at the dabuddah and extreme q. i like all the varities the q offers but hear about how hard the dabuddah hits. also the fear that i hear of ppl spilling their herbs into the heater on the buddah. when it comes to my herbs..sometimes its not the best quality and kinda dry at times. times are tough where im sittin and just looking for the better of the 2..and knew ppl in fc are always willing to help..lol any and all input is appreciated and thanks ppl!!

gadabout,

hoptimum

as has been said often, the EQ is a jack of all trades and a master of none. Still, you should check out the EQ thread to learn about some of the mods that people have made to improve its performance. The bag filling aspect is way too fiddly, however, and most people stick with the whip. The dbv is always a good, solid choice from a standup company.

Fenton Mewley

A man in search of cloudier pastures
You should get the EQ if you are really worried about spillage/yanking the vape down since the EQ has bag option.

If you throw hella parties, the bag is about 1000000x easier to pass around than a whip.

But, like hoptimum said, it's not the best desktop in the price range in terms of performance, but it's very versatile, which makes it worthy of consideration.

Fenton Mewley,
Reactions: gadabout

lwien

If the choice is limited to those two vapes, I would choose the DBV if I was primarily going to be vaping solo but if using a vape in party situations is going to happen often, the Q, I think, would be the better choice.

gadabout

i have friends over every once in awhile..but with a family and kids..not too often..lol i hear the elbow pack works great and hits hard. i really like the ssv but its a lil outta my range..

gadabout,

max

Out to lunch
the fear that i hear of ppl spilling their herbs into the heater on the buddah.
It's horizontal, therefore easy to avoid spilling. If you load too much, too loosely, and are careless (or exhale instead of inhale), yes you can spill it occasionally, but IMO this is absolutely not a good reason to avoid this model. I used a DBV for a while and had no problem keeping the herb in the wand. If you don't like the angle, or the glass on glass connection, spend a little more and get the SSV ($180 new on eBay). No chance of dumping your herb with that one, and the hits are even a little richer. Either one will give you more vapor per hit than the Extreme. That doesn't mean you're losing vapor with the E, just that the vapor to air ratio is different.

hoptimum

It's horizontal, therefore easy to avoid spilling. If you load too much, too loosely, and are careless (or exhale instead of inhale), yes you can spill it occasionally, but IMO this is absolutely not a good reason to avoid this model. I used a DBV for a while and had no problem keeping the herb in the wand. If you don't like the angle, or the glass on glass connection, spend a little more and get the SSV ($180 new on eBay). No chance of dumping your herb with that one, and the hits are even a little richer. Either one will give you more vapor per hit than the Extreme. That doesn't mean you're losing vapor with the E, just that the vapor to air ratio is different.

Max, I notice the hits being richer in the SSV than the DBV as well. Do you know why that is?

hoptimum,

max

Out to lunch
The standard heater cover on the SSV (not the optional gong version) has a small opening, resulting in a narrow stream of hot air hitting the bowl contents. The draw doesn't seem a lot different from the DBV, but you can tell the difference, especially if you have both for A/B comparison. The more restricted air flow on the SSV (especially if you pack a good size bowl and rotate the wand a little during the hit), gives you a higher vapor/air ratio and a richer hit. The DBV heater cover has a much larger opening, so you'll get more air per hit and they won't be quite as rich. DBV hits are more predictable since the gong interface is locked into position and you get the same air flow and heat exposure every time. Hitting the SSV can be an adventure. You can get hits that would choke a horse. It's still the best I've ever used for the combination of rich and big hits.

gadabout

i hear tons of good about the ssv! im gettin older and never seen/used a dbv/ssv or q. just going into it blind. i did it with the mflb too. but when i got the mflb i ordered a power supply for it a week later and it made a huge difference. but its small and been used daily since i got it and i want a table top that delivers so i can let the mflb rest and get used only when goin out.

gadabout,

William

I own both the da buddha and mflb. I was looking for a desktop vape like yourself aswell. I chose da buddha because of its durability and simplicity, Ive seen tokin daily literally throw his da buddha across a grass field. Ive used the extreme q aswell (friend owns one) and it does pretty good as far as the whip but filling the bags was not so great, vapor wasnt as tasty.

William,

gadabout

thanks guys! i appreciate all the help. still tossin it around. i like the "zen" like style of the dbv/ssv..even the lsv..just gonna feel it out a bit and see what i read!

gadabout,

lwien

i like the "zen" like style of the dbv/ssv..even the lsv..just gonna feel it out a bit and see what i read!

If ya like zen, than I suggest.........I suggest...............I sug...ggg...
QlU0nqL.gif

lwien,

gadabout

i have also heard changing tubing on the eq makes a world of difference. is that for real or hype?

gadabout,

hoptimum

i have also heard changing tubing on the eq makes a world of difference. is that for real or hype?

it's real. the stock EQ tubing is hard to work with since it's so stiff and inflexible. Removing and inserting the glass elbows can be a real pain, and since they are relatively fragile, they're not hard to break. Silicon tubing is much more flexible and easier to work with.

hoptimum,

gadabout

thats cool..cuz if i go for the q i wanna mod it to perform as best as i can..

gadabout,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Check out the EQ thread for some interesting mods.
hoptimum & All,
Please put me down as voting for the Arizer EQ! Awesome machine once mods in place...

Here's a posting describing a compilation of mods that work out really well for those who have tried them. Really makes the EQ into a performer!
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-extreme-q-vaporizer.1457/page-256#post-498480

Plus, am working on a glass setup that will allow one to dab concentrates with the EQ. More to follow in the EQ thread....

Vape On!

DDave,

gadabout

so lookin like the first buy would be a 18mm female to female!! and with that the stock whip and elbow and stuff will work? im lost on all the links..lol

gadabout,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
so lookin like the first buy would be a 18mm female to female!! and with that the stock whip and elbow and stuff will work? im lost on all the links..lol
Yes, the 18mm female to female is a one for one replacement for the cyclone bowl. Pieces that fit the cyclone will fit the adapter. You need a larger screen for the DDave adapter though...

Vape On!

DDave,

TheBlazingBeast

I have never hit an EQ, but am happy to be an owner of DaBuddha. Its easy to use, durable, and gets you where you want to be. After my first time using it, it got me as lifted as the serene buddha guy on the logo. :D

Herbage falling into the heater compartment hasn't happened to me much. This would only happen if you don't have the unit on a level surface. Also just like any other pot smoking device you do NEVER exhale into to it. Doing so would result in it going into the heater.

People may knock DBV for not having a temp readout but you have to consider that people hit pieces differently. Setting the temp at 320, means going faster or slower would result in an actual temperature slightly lower/higher than what it says it is. In general DBV setting it around 1 clock should do the trick. Another potential drawback of DBV vs EQ is the advantage the EQ has in a group sesh with the bags. Easy way to overcome this is to purchase a 10ft tube from DBV's site - only $10.99.

DaBuddha is a solid product and it gets the job done. With it being a whip style vape it is reminiscent for me of when I smoked hookah. I kind of feel that with DBV - it is satisfying just kickin back taking a long draw, tasting the ganja, and exhaling a nice vape cloud. DaBuddha hits hard and it's a great feeling. And while not very portable I've been known to bring it on the road with a power inverter. Well once after getting pretty high my bud and I had finished our car sesh and I accidently dropped the Buddha 2-3ish feet. I was stunned to find it only got a tiny knick and the glass piece housing the heater held in place. While not recommended you could probably chuck it at a brick wall and it'd just suffer a couple knicks/scratches.

Gadabout, I hope that you have found my input helpful. :tup: I'm sure whatever you decide you will be satisfied because either way it is a big FUCK YOU to combustion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom