Extracting from AVB- Best Practices & Methods

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I think it was with ISO that after a couple of minutes or so you get unwanted stuff that soak out of it. Is this right? And if it is, isn't it the same with alcohol?

Just thinking out loud.

No, ISO is more aggressive than Everclear with herbs. I personally leave my herbs soaking for months in everclear. I don't know if that's wrong or right, but it hasn't been an issue for me or my wife

McSheamus

No, ISO is more aggressive than Everclear with herbs. I personally leave my herbs soaking for months in everclear. I don't know if that's wrong or right, but it hasn't been an issue for me or my wife

Ok thanks man!
If I don't like to mix it with food i'll give this a shot.

Pretty easy way, just pour some alcohol in the jar and let it soak :D how long does it need to soak till it's pretty much good for use?

Enchantre

Oil Painter
For filtration I use a cooking gadget called a superbag:

superbag_1_1_1.jpg

I use the 100 micron version, which is the smallest they sell. They are $40 with shipping so not dirt cheap. That said, they are dishwasher safe and sturdy, and I also use it in place of cheesecloth for cooking applications (e.g. straining stocks, gravies, pitchers of iced coffee). Its much less messy than cheesecloth and doesn't get as clogged as either a cheesecloth or coffee filter.

Here's a photo of it in action:
ismW1t8.jpg
Don't take this wrong, but that looks EXACTLY like the paint straining bag I picked up at Sherwin Williams for $3.

It works perfectly.

Enchantre,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

fft

Don't take this wrong, but that looks EXACTLY like the paint straining bag I picked up at Sherwin Williams for $3.

It works perfectly.
No offense taken. Clearly there is margin baked into just about everything on that site. That said my bag is two years old, goes through the diswasher and is still working good as new. Do you know the micron size of the paint straining bag? I'd like to get something a little less than 100 microns since it still lets a little sludge through ...that sludge probably has a lot of goodies but there are times I'm going for something more clear ..like in caramels and candies.

fft,
Reactions: 215z

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I don't recall how fine it was... but if I need clarity, after I run it through the bag, I'll then coffee filter or cotton dishtowel strain it.

I do think it is great that one can get a straining bag that is micron sized... maybe a 1 gallon bubble hash bag in a smaller micron?

Enchantre,

hafalump

I made a small batch qwiso, and vaped it.:puke: Tasted worse than cumbustion. Will just
use my abv in edibles from now on.

Top Bottom