external 18650 charger recommendation?

datayoda

I like my Soshine SC-S7 Battery Charger for when I want to charge a 18650 outside of my vaporizer but it's only for one battery. I also bought a XTAR VC2 2 Channel a few months back and it's total junk, it keeps shortening the life of my batteries. Can someone recommend a 2+ channel charger that is reliable and doesn't mess up my batteries; should I stay with the soshine brand?

datayoda,

Tranquility

I remember being recommended Nitecore. I bought one and have been happy with it without problems. I believe mine is the Digicharger (D4), but I must have purchased it on sale as it is twice the price I paid for it when I look on the web. (I got mine for the price of the Intellicharger (I4) it seems.)

I don't really have any special expertise, I'm just throwing it out there that it works.

Tranquility,
Reactions: Rasputin

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
If your xtar charger is shortening the life of your batteries, it may be faulty.

Are your cells genuine?

I've used xtar chargers in the past without issue and they can revive overdischarged cells.

My last charger was an Efest LUC V4 which still works fine.
I'm only using an Xtar dragon now because I wanted a charger to revive a dead samsung 25r and when I saw it on sale, the price was too good to pass.
But again, no issues with battery charging and it has test functions/leads too.

If you want to make sure you get the most out of your batteries, charge at low rates

Last edited:
Pyr0,
Reactions: Alex3oe
Top Bottom