Exploding batteries in vapes ....

Izan

Hi mate.
First:
Most of the devices WE use are regulated and incorporate safety features that would prevent a catastrophic event.
The device in the video (almost EVERY Video) was a simple "mech" mod.

Second:
Since most of the devices we use are ALL in Ones, the possibility of attaching an unsafe accessory (atomizer) is VERY low.

Third: Battery safety is paramount, Select branded, rated batteries and maintain them. They should be free of nicks, scrapes, torn or missing wrapping and dents.
Store batteries in plastic cases and NEVER carry a loose battery with out a case.

As demonstrated, an abused battery is not very forgiving.
Cheers
I

zor

What the fuck?

"Kenneth Barbero of Albany, NY was enjoying a nice millennial vaping session when the hand-held device he was using blew up in his face; knocking out teeth, ripping a hole in his tongue and leaving his hands covered in burns."

Millenial vaping session? Fuck you CNN!

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
We get into a safe battery discussion pretty often in the Arozer Air thread. Folks want to cheap out and buy different batteries than what the company wants them to use.

The company wants them to use the battery that's made for the Air. The warranty would be no good if the unit has problems if you use a different battery. Worse yet if the batteries exploded or caught fire.

Folks complain that the company is taking advantage of the customer, making them buy a more expensive battery. It doesn't bother me to spend the extra $7 or so. You don't need that many batteries anyway. Folks spend a lot of money on other things but don't want to on a battery.:hmm:

CarolKing,
Reactions: Izan

Izan

Mooch approval is a great first step for getting a quality battery.
image1-1024x653.jpg

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
We had parts of this discussion on the Hopper thread (can't recall if it's the shipping one or the official thread). The research I did indicated that the majority of exploding vapes were due to improper charging, e.g., using a laptop to charge instead of the OEM charger.

Top Bottom