Expensive flower that is worth the price?

idboehman

So, what do you think about the weed produced by the Cookie Fam?

What's the "Cookie Fam"? I got some gelcaps at a dispensary by a brand called "Cookies" (from LA, wonder how it made it's way up here), is that related?

Since moving to a legal state I haven't used flower much at all, mostly concentrates and edibles. I have an Airvape XS that basically never gets used. I tried it when I got it and after two bowls the mouthpiece was way too hot and I felt hardly any effects w/ the "Willie's Reserve" I got to try out with it.

Because they knew first hand, what was missing in concentrate.)

Can you expand on what you mean by this?

idboehman,
Reactions: arb

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
There are so many different variations and hybrids, I doubt anyone has seen true GSC genetics in the last couple years.

Cosmic Dude

To clarify, are you talking about the "cookies" family of strains like GSC / GSC derivatives or the dispensary/farm based out of LA that named themselves "Cookies"?
No difference.
I went to the web site you linked and they say in About:
"Cookies Los Angeles is home for the Cookies Clothing and accessory brand. The brainchild of recording artist and entrepreneur Berner (Gilbert Milam), Cookies Clothing will produce exclusive designs for Cookies Maywood to represent L.A.’s unique multi-cultural lifestyle through fashion, cannabis, sports and music. We will continue to bridge the gap between streetwear, urban lifestyle, marijuana, hip-hop music and a multi-cultural society, and take Cookies to the next dimension."

Now read this about Berner, Cookies Fam, and GSC (one of many articles out there):

https://culturemagazine.com/on-the-trail-of-the-cookies/

Oh, and the name of their Northern California dispensaries is "Connected Cannabis Company".

Last edited:
Cosmic Dude,
Reactions: arb

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
It's mostly all smoke and mirrors.

1. Names are patient. Genetic researches of offered herbs with a certain - well-known and good selling - name from different dispensaries showed that a lot of them aren't even related. Just a name for better promoting.

2. Compare the called genetic sources of a variety with the identic name offered by different seed breeders. There is so much diversity that there remains just the same name. This especially regards to some clone-only varieties which are wanted to be offered in seed form. Different ways of re-breeding, different parents and mostly not stabilized.

3. The latter is also the reason that you often don't get what you are looking for even if you buy seeds from a famous and serious breeder. You have to crawl through a lot of crap to get the - real one - phenotype.

4. Supposed you even have the sought genetic/phenotype and you give identical cuttings of them to 10 growers you will get very different herbs as a result. There are so many factors in conditions of growing and environment that the results are notable rather different. The results often differ even if it's grown by the same grower and in the technical same environment there are so many variable factors that influence the results from grow to grow.

You only can say what is a variety, that is extraordinary if the right genetics are used and if it's properly grown.

lwien

It's mostly all smoke and mirrors.

1. Names are patient. Genetic researches of offered herbs with a certain - well-known and good selling - name from different dispensaries showed that a lot of them aren't even related. Just a name for better promoting.

2. Compare the called genetic sources of a variety with the identic name offered by different seed breeders. There is so much diversity that there remains just the same name. This especially regards to some clone-only varieties which are wanted to be offered in seed form. Different ways of re-breeding, different parents and mostly not stabilized.

3. The latter is also the reason that you often don't get what you are looking for even if you buy seeds from a famous and serious breeder. You have to crawl through a lot of crap to get the - real one - phenotype.

4. Supposed you even have the sought genetic/phenotype and you give identical cuttings of them to 10 growers you will get very different herbs as a result. There are so many factors in conditions of growing and environment that the results are notable rather different. The results often differ even if it's grown by the same grower and in the technical same environment there are so many variable factors that influence the results from grow to grow.

You only can say what is a variety, that is extraordinary if the right genetics are used and if it's properly grown.

The same thing is true for just about everything. When you take all the variables into account, even the same car made by the same manufacturer sold on the same lot by the same salesperson is going to be different to some degree.

It's all just a box of chocolates (ode to Forrest Gump), so I say............Enjoy the easter egg hunt.

Cosmic Dude

I just continue to vape until I get to where I want to be. I'm seldom in a hurry. Part of the fun is in the Journey...
I'm not sure what this has to do with this thread?

The question is whether you have encountered any flower with a premium price - that was worth paying more.

Cosmic Dude,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Sorry. Premium price (THC 20 to 27%) generally tastes very good and gets you medicated quickly on very little.
In my area (WA State), it is not uncommon to find $100 oz (THC 14%).Tastes good, but might have to vape a bowl full to arrive at the same place.

I buy premium price occasionally for perceived special occasions: favorite band comes to town or someone special coming by. It's the equivalent of buying more expensive booze (Johnny Walker Black Label, Chivas Regal)that you pull out at special times.

If I'm in a hurry, I usually do resin or wax and carry an oil pen for picker-uppers.

Top Bottom