Exotic Wood Blanks for Heirloom Quality Custom Log Vapes & Vapor Stems

catbird

hyperconscious
^^ I thought about it, but I'm more into having things that are distinct/complementary, than things that are matching. I do love that wood, though. And I do want to get some wooden stems eventually, and potentially some HI wood, for, oh, 10 months from now...

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
New Arrivals! Vapor Stem Blanks - Be sure to give Ed's TnT a call!!!
Museum Grade Quilted Tiger Golden Camphor Burls
C6D4zLt.jpg

Siberian Lace Maple Burl
Uo6Dtjn.jpg

Amboyna Burl
6cekWfY.jpg

Snappo

Accessory Maker
I prefer kiln dried but if the wood is sufficiently air dried it is acceptable.
The above was just posted by Andy on the UD or E-Nano thread.

Thank you, Andy, for letting us know. All of the woods that I get are seasoned for a good long time, usually 1-5 years (air dried) or longer, depending on requirement per wood density & species. The moisture content ranges are between 6 & 11%, and are dimensionally stable. Kiln-dried woods are also in the 6-11% moisture content range. Whether kiln-dried or air dried, moisture content can vary over time relative to the ambient moisture levels in the air, as moisture will be absorbed and released - true of all woods. That said, most of the exotic wood blanks that I will be getting from now on will be kiln-dried. If a blank that has been cored out initially for a log vape appears to need a little additional drying, it can be left to dry further for a few weeks and then should be perfectly ready to be born a Nano. I hope this helps, and many thanks again, Andy!

Last edited:

Snappo

Accessory Maker
Last edited:

Snappo

Accessory Maker
Dave from UD built me this beauty from some of Snappo's wood and is in the process of building me another from a different piece :D
Ed is working on some stems from a blank from Snappo
o5ambo.jpg

2ai524n.jpg
So glad you are enjoying your Underdog! Would love to see a sharp pic of that exotic White/Gold Teak glimmering 3D in the bright sunlight - you'd be amazed!
NOTE: I have had many requests for wood blanks that could possibly reveal a void like the one your piece has (like a special birth mark), but it is difficult to find or guarantee. Sometimes they are apparent on the outside of a blank, and will remain until the turn is complete. However, those special voids usually don't present themselves until the turning of the wood in the lathe gets fully underway. It is usually just luck when they do appear.

Last edited:

Snappo

Accessory Maker
More pics of the new Afzelia Burl kiln-dried blanks in sunlight! I think the color & tone on these pics are more true than the one's I posted above - richer and more natural!!! The 1st & 4th picture shows the natural colors best. The 2 middle pics are a little on the yellow side. That is due to the color balance pre-set by my phone camera, and the changing sunlight going from a light overcast to full sun.
yskRd5d.jpg

oEI8WJa.jpg

xctrdMS.jpg

EkPhpLw.jpg

Last edited:

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
No shit, those are super freaking nice, I would put em back til I figured out what I wanted to make of them, I do that with alot of my pieces. I have a bunch put back waiting for just the right feeling to strike me then I know exactly what I am gonna make from them. I gotta feel it is my problem if it makes any sense.

Very nice pieces Snappo, you are doing a hellova stand up job sourcing these woods and providing an outstanding service to everyone here at FC, well done! Most may not know the amount of time and money you have put into making this happen and also the stress and headaches that have also come about but you are doing a wonderful thing! Keep it up my friend, keep it up!

underdog

shade-tree vapor engineer
Manufacturer
You've been tracking down some super nice wood Snappo, nice finds all of them!

So far I've been working with 3-4 different pieces from Snappo and all have been super high quality and a pleasure to work with for anyone who's wondering. I'll let the individual users post pictures of their finished Dogs (VaporsVaporizer already has I see) as they see fit.

Keep up the great work Snappo!

VaporsVaporizer

On the Stoop
So glad you are enjoying your Underdog! Would love to see a sharp pic of that exotic White/Gold Teak glimmering 3D in the bright sunlight - you'd be amazed!
NOTE: I have had many requests for wood blanks that could possibly reveal a void like the one your piece has (like a special birth mark), but it is difficult to find or guarantee. Sometimes they are apparent on the outside of a blank, and will remain until the turn is complete. However, those special voids usually don't present themselves until the turning of the wood in the lathe gets fully underway. It is usually just luck when they do appear.
OK just for you @Snappo -out in the sun :D @underdog
2zzlpw1.jpg

5n6gau.jpg

1zck9vl.jpg

iqipe9.jpg

2j5o2mx.jpg

Top Bottom