ethanol recovery system / still

sickmanfraud

I am interested in purchasing and using an ethanol recovery system so I can re-use the ethanol that boils away during tincture reduction.

If you have suggestions for a plug-in device, please recommend a 220 Volt version.

Thanks so much for your help.

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: asdf420

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
I am interested in purchasing and using an ethanol recovery system so I can re-use the ethanol that boils away during tincture reduction.

If you have suggestions for a plug-in device, please recommend a 220 Volt version.

Thanks so much for your help.

Hello bud,

The best home solution I've seen is the Source by ExtractCraft.

Unfortunately it's only available right now as a 120v appliance.

The other option I'm aware of is the
'ISO-3 By D. Gold - Skunkpharm article' but I don't know if they are 220v or not. 'Manufacturers online shop', might be worth pinging them a mail. They have also got a newer model called the ISO-4.

Last edited:
GreenHopper,

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
I think you need a Soxlet extractor :). There is a threat somewhere in the forum.

That's a cool setup, not heard of a soxlet extractor before.

Here is the thread for anyone else interested: Soxlet Extractor

I linked to a post on the 1st page that has a GIF showing the process but it's well worth reading the whole thread as it's only 3x pages long.

I've used this one for about 6 years now.

https://www.nutriteam.com/water-dis...ol-essential-oil-making-glass-collection.html

Edit : oops sorry this is 120volts

Here is one of those distillers that runs on 220v.

Not used one myself but I believe the downside is the temp used is high enough that some of the terps can evaporate off and reduce the flavor of the end product but if that is no concern for @sickmanfraud then its a good economic option.

Last edited:
GreenHopper,
Reactions: Squiby

shredder

That's a cool setup, not heard of a soxlet extractor before.

Here is the thread for anyone else interested: Soxlet Extractor

I linked to a post on the 1st page that has a GIF showing the process but it's well worth reading the whole thread as it's only 3x pages long.

Here is one of those distillers that runs on 220v.

Not used one myself but I believe the downside is the temp used is high enough that some of the terps can evaporate off and reduce the flavor of the end product but if that is no concern for @sickmanfraud then its a good economic option.

My distiller is a little different than the 220v model you posted. The difference between the essential oil distiller and the water distiller is the heat. Mine uses less heat. But your point is valid as far as terps being cooked off. I use mine exclusively for cannacaps, not for vaping. I wouldn't recommend my methods for vaping. You can clean it up by winterizing it, but it comes out tasteless, but clean. So after winterizing, you could vape it, but there are better alternatives for vaping.

Top Bottom