Discontinued Eterra

Frickr

SpiralArchitect said:
Got a reply....

The glass stems in question...

http://i42.tinypic.com/2818sxw.gif

Twice the loading capacity it seems. I may just order one to see what it looks like, and possibly pass it on to Clear Dome to see if he can replicate them....
that is pretty intresting, i like the idea of a larger bowl for those occasions when one normal pd tube just wont get the job done to your satisfaction if you know what i mean. i know stainless steel is safe, but there is just somethng about glass that love!

Frickr,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
but with glass you lose that element of conduction that the pd uses to thouroughly cook the herb, not to mention, if you accidentally bump it hard enough youll be tapping sharsds of glass out of your unit...

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Frickr

a little pre heating of the bowl before loading it then a little more heating before inhaling should cure that problem, as glass retains heat well once it gets heated up.

also if i were to get the glass bowl, it would be me using it, everyone else would have to use the steel ones just for the breaking reason. im very careful with glass. even though i primarilly vaporize, i still look at glass pieces all the time.

i guess im just saying if this does fit in the pd, then i might look at purchasing one for special occasions.

Frickr,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
I got and other email from michael but first , I REALLY DONT WANT TO MAKE PUB FROM THOSE VAP , THIS IS NOT MY GOAL ...as I never try them , I dont want to promote this cause in the first email micheal was almost telling that he dont need the help of our forum to protote his vap , so I just copy/paste the email .

Hi Thanks for posting some of my comments... a bit more below...

Hi, I think a few of your bloggers have the wrong idea about size of the Moxie. The classic Moxie below with battery pack easily fits into the hand and weighs about 13 ounces. Mountain bikers use the Moxie Ultraite that weighs with a smaller battery pack (24 uses) only about 6 ounces...

Solaria's new Moxies heat up in about 60 seconds. All heated internal parts are isolated with lab tested bio-friendly high temp ceramic. All units are of course free from lead or any material that may produce a hazard when heated. The heater itself is sealed in a hight temp ceramic and surrounded by a steel heat exchanger. The Moxie below without batters weighs less than 2 ounces. The moxie needs very little power, also its used on demand. Solaria has been offering Vaporizers since the mid 90's beginning with the Green Heat Eterra. The all ceramic Tulip and then the Moxie were released over the years as an outgrowth of Eterra's unique flash vaporization technology. Our products unlike most others employ convection and conduction heat transfer for unsurpassed performance. Our unique heat exchanger enabling sweet fast extraction of herbs has been made smaller and faster. The latest Moxie is built to last and last for years and will work on any 12 volt power source 1 amp or more ... if any of yo have further questions please do not hesitate. And if any of you care to evaluate the latest Moxie, the are available at a discount and with a full refund if not satisfied... Sincerely, Michael / Solaria

Clear_Dome,

Beezleb

Very interesting. Thank you.

I would like to see some real reviews on it especially in contrast to the II and oxygen mini.

Beezleb,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
there is no review of them , it was the main reason why I asked a test unit to solara (cause I have tested a lot of portable vap too ) but they dont want so I think that the customer who want a portable is better to buy a unit that have some review , it is way safer cause there is a tone of shitty vap on the market
:2c:

Clear_Dome,
G

Why isn't this unit popular? someone enlightent me.
:peace:

Guest,

Frickr

im not sure, but i think i can guess that since the eterra was first designed to vape tobbacco, which vapes at a lower temp, i dont think it would be suitable for vaping herb. thats where vapes like the pd/mz come in, as those are based off the original design that has been updated to work well with weed.

Frickr,
G

Frickr said:
im not sure, but i think i can guess that since the eterra was first designed to vape tobbacco, which vapes at a lower temp, i dont think it would be suitable for vaping herb. thats where vapes like the pd/mz come in, as those are based off the original design that has been updated to work well with weed.
oh really?

Guest,

FEAR420

Hismist said:
Frickr said:
oh really?
Hey troll....try posting more than 2 words.

FEAR420,
G

FEAR420 said:
Hismist said:
Frickr said:
oh really?
Hey troll....try posting more than 2 words.
lol...ok one flew over the cuckoo's nest look-alike!

Guest,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
i'm pretty sure the Eterra was designed for weed - it's been 10 years since i read about it, but that's what i remember ... plus i don't use tobacco, so i wouldn't have been interested in a tobacco vape, just like i'm not interested in the nicotine e-cigs. But the Eterra definitely got my attention at the time.

Hippie Dickie,

vapormonkey

Oh yes, my first vape. Liked it. Bought 3 more and a couple for my friends. Still have 2. Paid $100 a pop during the millennium. A great little one hitter. Anyone remember the classic Eterra? I see several vendors appear to be making something very similar and it looks to be the most popular vape judging by the thread activity. I can see why. Bomb proof, works. But I think the LSV saber wand from 7th floor would be the perfect replacement with it's one hit all glass wand.

vapormonkey,

vapormonkey

Are you kidding? I can't beleive this...I must be old as dirt compared to most of you folks! LOL :lol:

vapormonkey,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
There are a couple of members here that have the Eterra (dead) for keepsakes. Then again, they might have sold them as a keepsake for someone else.

Its kind of rare to hear about the classic, unless its one of the more common ones nowdays that have improved on its design somehow. :)

AGBeer,

vapormonkey

I'm thinking of offering them for sale here after my 30 days. They still work and I even have some intake wands or whatever you are calling them these days. They should go to the great Vaporizer museum in my fantasies. lol

In the beginning there was the Eterra. Then it moved to the heat gun, bong set up. Then Vapor brothers whip boxes tookover. Now stonemonkey appears on the scene to make it all good again. Hopefully.

vapormonkey,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Fun to hear that your Eterras are still around and functioning after all this time.

I don't know why you would say "make it all good again." I think that those of us who own "current" log vapes think things are good now. But i do agree that the option for other and new vapes is also great. ;)

momofthegoons,

lwien

vapormonkey said:
In the beginning there was the Eterra. Then it moved to the heat gun, bong set up. Then Vapor brothers whip boxes tookover. Now stonemonkey appears on the scene to make it all good again. Hopefully.

All good again? My PD is my go to vape and after having used many others, it continues to be my go to vape. Would I love to get my hands on a Cloud? Sure, but I don't see it or any other vape, really, replacing my PD. It may sit beside it but I doubt if it will replace it.

lwien,
Reactions: brainiac

hereatlast

Yup no replacement for the log-type vapes, I've got one (about to be two :rolleyes: ) PDs, I know I'll purchase another vape in the future but it won't perform the same task for sure.

hereatlast,

lwien

george said:
What is the Eterra like? I've never seen or even heard about it before. :/

Look at the Purple Days and the Myrtlezap. They come from the same gene pool.

lwien,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
vapormonkey: Hi, I'm trying to help improve Vaporpedia, and I notice that there's no entry for the Eterra. It seems to me that it has an important place in the history of vaporizers and vaporizing, so it's a shame we have nothing. Would it be possible to get a picture or two and maybe a short explanation of its background and why it's important? I'm willing to work with whatever raw materials you can provide, even if it's just a picture.

Thanks.

pakalolo,
Top Bottom