Discontinued Essential VAAAPP

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
DeepFried, how would you like this product for keif, bubblehash and vapor iso resin? Any info you can give would be great.

IAmKrazy2,

in_rainbows

Just ordered the H20 off ebay for $61 shipped. Just the other day my room mate was complaining about how we don't have a decent way to smoke hash. Hopefully this will change that. From what I see on here it doesn't seem too efficient for bud which is kind of a bummer because I've been hoping to find a good way to vap herbs out of a bong without having to worry about hoses running across the coffee table when I'm vaked. Guess I'll have to try it for myself and decide. Regardless, I'm excited to try this thing out!

in_rainbows,

Nycdeisel

There are other ways to vapor bong without a whip type vape(different kinds of units even for example: PD/MZ/WDZ, VHW, the Cloud, Supreme, and maybe a couple I am missing, all possible of vapor bonging without any hoses!)

But yes, this seems like a great vape for someone looking to vape different types of hash and oil.

Nycdeisel,

reece

I don't know why there are two names. Maybe they were once partners that had a parting of the ways. Maybe it's all the same company.

The differences may be older and newer models.

The best price I've found is on ebay, $30 less than the other sites. Search "eclipse vape"

reece,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
OK, like I really need another vape... but I am suddenly interested in this device. The thing is, I am accumulating a lot of reclaim oil (and bubble hash) and I don't like smoking it or trying to vape it with herb.

I was thinking of getting a curved skillet for my bong, but now I see that this thing is made for oil and hash.

Can anyone tell me the differences between the VAAPP devices? Which would be best for Qwiso AND hash? Anyone using this right now for oil and hash care to explain the process and the results? I don't care about portability at all, but I just want something that is easy to use and works like it is supposed to.

Thanks!

Tstat,

reece

No difference as far as function. One type is hand held, the other (which has a couple or three of versions) is for water pipes. The most recent water pipe version has the GonG connections.

I've only used it with qwiso and a torch lighter. Follow the directions and it works as it is supposed to. It supposedly works with plant matter, but those who have tried and posted about it have not been successful.

reece,

treecityrnd

reece said:
No difference as far as function. One type is hand held, the other (which has a couple or three of versions) is for water pipes. The most recent water pipe version has the GonG connections.

I've only used it with qwiso and a torch lighter. Follow the directions and it works as it is supposed to. It supposedly works with plant matter, but those who have tried and posted about it have not been successful.

Yes, there are several models to choose from. The tube attachment is called the Eclipse H2O and the hand-held is called the Eclipse Vape or VAAAPP. After some research, it seems that the VAAAPP has now become the Eclipse Vape (newer model). Same design, more accessories in the case. Colors are slightly different also. The blue is very different between the older VAAAPP and the Eclipse (lighter shade).

treecityrnd,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Well, I guess I need the water pipe one! I'd like to hear opinions on how it does with hash before I order it. Does it work better than a curved skillet or a vapor globe?
ALT-10-09-25-399.jpg

I would think a vapor globe would do the same thing:
alt_12-11-10-278.jpg

Tstat,

manchild

Vapourist
I've got the gong connected one.
I can only compare it to a vapor globe cos I havn't used a Ti-pad and I've only tried it with bho and qwiso.
Yes they pretty much do the same thing however they each have a few pros and cons. Both will get you suitably medicated :D

The eclipse requires an awkward loading of vial process. You can load as much as you want into each vial, one hit or multiples, but the catch is, the more you load into a vial the harder it is to judge the size of your hit, and after the first hit or two the awsome taste seems to diasappear much like vaping a bowl of fresh weed.
Ideally you would have a huge supply of vials and you would load each vial with one perfect sized hit to maximize taste. But it would be really painful loading and cleaning so many vials. I think some people have mentioned they've done this but it's not for me.
The biggest advantage imo is you are almost directly heating your concentrate so you only need a few seconds of flame time. It makes it perfect for those stealthy moments where using a large torch flame for like a minute is not ideal, one of the things that can turn people away from the oil. I could easily use this like a pipe so the portability factor must also be considered.

The oil dome I find is much better if you have plenty of room and are not concerned with stealth. You are able to get a complete tasty hit every time and can vary the size of hit at your will. The draw back is the use of a fairly large torch for quite a while (never really timed it!) and very limited portability.

So tstat I don't know if that helps at all. My advice would be if you don't need stealth, go the globe. If you do need stealth then get the eclipse. Or like me, get everything. ;)

manchild,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Thank you. I was thinking that it might be hard to load the tube with the oil. What process do you use to load the oil? Seems like it would be pretty messy...

Tstat,

treecityrnd

Tstat said:
Thank you. I was thinking that it might be hard to load the tube with the oil. What process do you use to load the oil? Seems like it would be pretty messy...
Glass stir rod from my EQ or there is a local artist that makes very skinny glass nails/rods. Glass is the key IMO. No waste. Put end into vial, heat rod/nail & oil drops into vial w/o any mess. (like the old paper clip trick w/ oils but more effective and cleaner, no toxins from heating metals)

treecityrnd,

manchild

Vapourist
treecityrnd said:
Tstat said:
Glass stir rod from my EQ or there is a local artist that makes very skinny glass nails/rods. Glass is the key IMO. No waste. Put end into vial, heat rod/nail & oil drops into vial w/o any mess. (like the old paper clip trick w/ oils but more effective and cleaner, no toxins from heating metals)

I've been using the same sort of method but with my dental tools instead of glass.

Thanks treecity.. I'll give the glass stir rod a try next time.

I haven't put in all that much time with the eclipse. I reckon with a lot of practice you could get your system pretty sussed.

manchild,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
IAmKrazy2 said:
DeepFried, how would you like this product for keif, bubblehash and vapor iso resin? Any info you can give would be great.

I seemed to miss this post, sorry about that IAmKrazy2. Don't know what I can add that hasn't been covered yet.

For me I don't like very fine loose particles in the vial like keif because of the small area in the vial your material gets sucked into the screen easily. To counter that press the keif into little balls, same with loose bubblehash and inhale very lightly, you don't need to hit it per se, all you are doing is sucking out the vapor. Also less is more, taste is best with one hit doses, since these are all concentrates they are very easy to over do in this thing. I will be getting the gong Eclipse Vape h2o just to see any difference between the glass and all aluminum one.

DeepFried,

treecityrnd

I've been using the same sort of method but with my dental tools instead of glass.
I would venture to say that dental tools would be fine IMO since they can be heated up to autoclave temps, but thats only 140C (usually) and not direct flame which can cause all sorts of wierd byproducts. I just never liked the idea of metal around my medication, whether that be in storage, usage or transfer. Especially when heat and time are involved. Glass is 100% cleanable, all materials/medication is recoverable, and if your heating glass to melting or vapor points...thats an impressive flame! I wish I had my nice electric micropipette gun from the lab ;)

Also less is more, taste is best with one hit doses, since these are all concentrates they are very easy to over do in this thing.

GREAT advice, I definately prefer small doses of meds for taste reasons alone. You can always just get a bunch of extra vials (very cheap) and "preload them", like was shown in this thread for med storage by Tstat (post #57, tthanks!): http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=4358 What a great idea, all ready ground and labeled for the week. That kind of forward planning would make my life a LOT easier.

treecityrnd,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
BIG MOD IMPROVMENT:

As stated in my previous review the vaaap works with small ungrinded nugs but you won't get everything, not even close, and if you grind it, everything will build up on the top screen of the vial, clogging the airpath...so I did a little mod. ...:

in the "big" vial, grind your MJ, put it in the vial without packing, insert a mesh screen a little wider then the vial diameter. I use those (NO2 screens) cause I have plenty and they are very thin holes, nice quality and with "form memory":
http://www.vaporizerco.com/Images/mtnyu3z154q4op55b0vrfx3w_thumb_1279238923screens_no2.jpg but you can use any screen that would fit without moving during inhale...
So you lock that screen in the middle of your vial (don't pack the screen on the MJ, leave space):
AND VOILA: Essential Vaaap ultimate lighter vapo for concentrates & herbs!! (plus you'll even have a small cyclone effect=auto-stirring) ;)

FLskwat,

machavelli

Justin
The Eclipse H2O model is a really nice addition to any vapor enthusiasts collection imo. I started off with a vapor brothers and then got an MFLB as well for portability reasons per the reviews on this site. I've had both for almost a year now and for herb either is a great choice depending on your personal needs.

However, when I'm medicating on a serious level (spasms, back pain, etc) herb doesn't always cut it alone. I recently got my hands on some concentrates at the THC Expo held here in Michigan and figured I might as well get a concentrate vape to add to my collection. I've vaped wand hash, and bubble hash (dried well) in both the VB and the MFLB and they perform quite well.

In my opinion the Eclipse H2O or Essential Vaap are a good choice for anyone looking for a budget vape that performs fairly well. With the screen mod mentioned above (haven't tried yet) it may just be one of the best budget vapes ($60 on Ebay). Where this thing really shines (at least in my opinion) is when using hash oil, earwax or amber glass concentrates. If your a vapor enthusiast and haven't ventured into the world of vaporizing concentrates I highly recommend doing so. Even if you can't get your hands on earwax or glass concentrates, the bubble hash and BHO are great in this thing.

I use a small Bernzomatic micro butane torch ($9.99 at home depot) as torch lighters generally suck and are unreliable at this price level. Nothing beats filling up the chamber of a decent sized bong with a fat amber glass hit. I haven't been medicating nearly as long as most experienced members (only about 2 years) but it gets the job done everytime. I've used this thing with lifelong smokers who claimed to not get high like they used to and they were blown away by the results. I used to only use my Roor waterpipe before vaping and this little thing packs a nice punch when hooked up to a nice bong. Don't get me wrong the VB is great with the hose in the downstem but the amount of time it takes to fill the chamber to a milky consistency can be a hassle at times. With the eclipse you can get nice milky hits of concentrate with little inhaling effort that are sure to get you medicated.

For serious medicating I like to smear a bit of oil in the vial and hit it all (basically an oil snap) followed by a small chunk of bubble hash and then sit down and relax with a small bowl in the VB. I couldn't be happier with the purchase of these vapes when combining the effects from oil, hash and herb.

machavelli,

machavelli

Justin
Thanks for the link reece. I'll have to order one for personal use. Here's the micro torch I use now. It's great for party situations, burns about 20-30 minutes depending on flame height and never gets hot other than the tip (non black part) so nobody burns them self.

http://www.amazon.com/Bernzomatic-019131-Micro-Pencil-Torch/dp/B0034YNMD6 (newer model and cheaper at home depot)

Any idea how these perform under heavy use (5-7 people in a group)? The ones I previously had heated up so hot the internal parts and butane canisters eventually cracked and they constantly hissed and leaked butane out.

machavelli,

reece

machavelli said:
Thanks for the link reece. I'll have to order one for personal use. Here's the micro torch I use now. It's great for party situations, burns about 20-30 minutes depending on flame height and never gets hot other than the tip (non black part) so nobody burns them self.

http://www.amazon.com/Bernzomatic-019131-Micro-Pencil-Torch/dp/B0034YNMD6 (newer model and cheaper at home depot)

Any idea how these perform under heavy use (5-7 people in a group)? The ones I previously had heated up so hot the internal parts and butane canisters eventually cracked and they constantly hissed and leaked butane out.

That size group may give the deal extreme lighters some problems. I've only used it alone, and I don't take many hits. I don't know for sure but I also wouldn't want to chance it.

reece,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Thank you FC!!! You guys have helped me figure out some amazing things!!! Back on topic: I finally got to give my Eclipse a true try out this morning!! I read in the Pollen Press thread about using a clay extruding tool to make some wicked hash!! :D Man did it ever work! I used my stash of Super Kief and punched myself out a couple of one gram disks! Cut some lil pieces off with a razor and noticed it was both hard AND sticky ( I guess like wax!) Plus a lovely aroma and shade of greenish- tan!

I put the little piece in my Eclipse and put the additional supplied screen in the screen port right on top of the vial and screwed it in! :brow: I used a regular disposable butane lighter as the instructions suggested (I thought a torch would be better) heated it up about 20 seconds and pulled out a couple of NICE hits! :p

When I tried it before it didn't work as well so I can tell this thing is mainly to be used for concentrates, but well worth it!!! :peace:

Bluntcrush,

qwertypop1

been around the block
i just got my GonG eclipse recently on ebay with extra vials for $60 shipped. all i can say is that this fills the last missing spot for me, my bong, and my MFLB. excuse my terrible structuring/order of things addressed, i'm a little excited writing about this, and i've just enjoyed using it :D

as people have stated previously, the MLFB is much better suited for dry herb/kief, and i didn't have a method for oils i liked much. i'm not a huge fan of skillets as i like to gradually warm up whatever medium of THC i'm using, whether it be in a globey type vaporizer (not that i would ever condone those for the use of anything other than THC usage.), my MFLB, or any other vape. i like to think i'm getting the most out of it that way as different chems are released at different temps/times of temps. so this fits the bill of beating skillets/globes for me.

also, since i've had my MFLB for a while now, i still find myself using my bong simply because i like fulfilling my psychological addiction by feeling the tougher draw, the water bubbling, and the draw back of a bong. now with this i also feel better about my usage of it without as many nasty contaminants from burning. i know it is more than easy to over heat and combust, but ever since picking up my MFLB i've decided i don't like vapes that set it at "the optimal temperature." i feel that i'm adequately controlling the temp of my mediums during usage through lots of practice.

i've also enjoyed these "control the temp manually" pieces much better as they seem MUCH more efficient to me than any other type of vape i've ever used. although this is a mainly oil concentrate using piece, i've been able to use kief just as well, and bud with a little tossing around here and there.

for anyone that already has spent some cash on an 18/14 mm bong and that wants a vape now, i think this is an excellent budget option. the replacement vials are cheap, and the only thing i can see being bad about them is consistent heating/cooling destroying the glass gradually. as far as cleaning goes, ISO works just fine for me, and is very simply to do over the sink. i've convinced a few of my closest heavy using buddies to pick one up soon after they've tried it out. i particularly like it because it is as efficient as my MFLB, but requires less practice to get the technique down, which has been a huge problem in my efforts to convince others to purchase one as well.

qwertypop1,

frogbmth

I would love to use my VAAAPP more but I can't find a vial supplier in the EU and the manufacturer doesn't respond to my emails. Thumbs down from me for these reasons I am afraid.

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
frogbmth said:
I would love to use my VAAAPP more but I can't find a vial supplier in the EU and the manufacturer doesn't respond to my emails. Thumbs down from me for these reasons I am afraid.

Frog, I've had the same issue- have you tried the European threaded vials? I think they're called 'Wheaton' vials. I got a hundred off ebay for about 15 quid incl. p&p. Sure enough the thread doesn't match, but I've found that there's enough grip provided by the rubber O ring to hold the vial in place and it functions well. It's not perfect by any means as they can be knocked out, but it's good enough for use at home as long as you're a bit careful. Nevertheless it's allowed me to keep using my eclipse pipe.

I'd still like some of a proper fit though- Specialtybottle.com sells them from the US and ship internationally on request, but transatlantic shipping rates and then the possibility of the VAT and extra carrier handling charges might make it a bit too costly for my comfort.

WatTyler,
Top Bottom