esentiall oil from pot?

TheVaporDaddy

im sure everybody has tried butane oil and alchohol oils , but has anyone ever heard of essential oil from pot? like making oil from " cold pressing " or another way , through " steam distillation " i know that these methods are used for making oils from various herbs but if you steam distill pot or cold press pot what will the results be? some input would be greatly appreciated

TheVaporDaddy,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
I cold press Canola at work. Other than that I couldn't tell you a damn thing :)

Tom

(Canola is a high oil seed content type though)

tdavie,

toxicc

E11001420
Yeah i've heard of it a little.. Valchanvre, a legit swiss company, is (or at least was) producing essential oil from thc rich ganja buds. He is/was doing it for perfume purpose, and said that he tried with low thc hemp but the quantity of essential oil is a lot lower and the smell stink ass. THC rich is da good thing (for his purpose, and ours too hehe)

I've just looked a bit about it, and the guy, a very nice activist, has been in prison in mars because of "drug crimes" (cannabis related ofcourse), but been released in mai because of his hunger strike. He is a very nice ecologist and all. Not much info in english tho, mostly all in french. His name is Bernard Rappaz. He seems to have changed his company name for Valnaturel. http://www.valnaturel.ch/

toxicc,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
I've been working with essential oils and herbs for twenty some odd years so i can add some perspective here.

Cannibis sativa flower essential oil is steam distilled from the flowering tops of the plant and very little THC remains. So far as I know, it's used in the perfume and flavoring industry more than in medical aromatherapy. Unfortunately, I've never had the opportunity to work with it.

I always assumed that BHO and those types of hash oil were essential oils, but after some research, i don't think they are. They are solvent (hexane, iso, butane) extracted concretes - sticky tarry oils from the tricomes minus the waxes, which if included is then called just plain hash and is no longer of an oil consistency.

Generally cold pressing is utilized for base or carrier oils like hempseed or canola or oils that are easily accessed, such as citrus oils, where the essential oil comes from tiny pockets in the skin.

I don't think you could cold or expeller press an essential oil out of bud, but, like most herbs with oil soluble constituents you can soak it in Olive oil to extract all the goodies - in herbal medicine, it's called an oil infusion.

When it becomes legal, i will be the first in line at my aromatherapy supplier to buy some cannabis essential oil. Essential oils are truley amazing substances. It's like the very soul of the plant in a bottle.
HTH

herbgirl,
Top Bottom