Escape room

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Doing an escape room with senior management opened my eyes to just how fucking dumb a lot of execs are. I don't mean book smart I mean critical thinking under pressure in a "crisis". So much fucking indecision it was scary with a "these cunts are running the show kind of terror flowing through my veins".

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
:D Few years back,i was at this job and we were having this team building for first time.. and some idiot decided that paintball would be best for 5 men and 15 women most of them in their forties.. It all went fuckin south when this auntie decides to take her protector off to smoke a cigarette and some other auntie shoots her in the jaw from 2 meters ,it all ended with a trip to E.R and displaced jaw.. Women are cruel or maybe it was just a payback owed ,who knows..
I am not really a team guy,i am so glad i dont have to do stupid teambuildings anymore.

JCat

Accessory Maker
:D Few years back,i was at this job and we were having this team building for first time.. and some idiot decided that paintball would be best for 5 men and 15 women most of them in their forties.. It all went fuckin south when this auntie decides to take her protector off to smoke a cigarette and some other auntie shoots her in the jaw from 2 meters ,it all ended with a trip to E.R and displaced jaw.. Women are cruel or maybe it was just a payback owed ,who knows..
I am not really a team guy,i am so glad i dont have to do stupid teambuildings anymore.
I don't mind working in a team (sometimes ... well maybe occasionally) as long as the members of said team aren't complete fucking idiots (usually too much to ask)

Squiby

so whipped out a phillips screwdriver. Did not go over well with anybody

Yeah, exactly @Doktor Dub in a real life situation @Accept would be hailed a hero for his MacGyver like skills and foresight to carry tools on his person.

"these cunts are running the show kind of terror flowing through my veins"

I have been involved in dozens of team building exercises over the years and I have discovered that:
1. This is not the secret sauce that builds teams.
2. For all practical purposes, some people are incredibly dense.

crawdad

floatin
I don't mind working in a team (sometimes ... well maybe occasionally) as long as the members of said team aren't complete fucking idiots (usually too much to ask)

i dont mind fucking idiots but what is hard to work with is a group of "i want to be the leader" types. i wonder if the screwdriver suggestion would of been more accepted if the right team member suggested it first.

Deleted Member 1643

Thanks for the support, all! When everybody else started talking about the problem, seemed like a perfect opportunity to solve it. Felt so out of place - missed the point entirely. Will suggest paintball next year. Do they have snipers in paintball? :brow:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Just had flashbacks to a paintball team building exercise from years ago @Abysmal Vapor. The "old" lady from accounts (who was mid 40's) joined us & we got a few rounds in before my mate shot her twice in the forehead dead centre. She left the field & I saw her holding an ice pack to her head sitting on a step. When she lifted her head there was an oozing golf ball size lump with a inch long split in it. Fucking horrendous looking & she had to have a few days off work. Tough enough to be able to laugh about it afterwards.

The worst thing is when you get a group of management people & everyone is hesitant to "step up" or offer opinions. Rather then be proactive it is cover up & hope someone fucks up so it can be highlighted down the line etc etc. Fuck that & fuck them. So glad I am out of corporate land these days. So fucking glad.

Krazy

I was in a few of those back in the day; they seldom ended well, lol. I am an outlier in both IQ and Abby Normal psychology.

The thing to keep in mind is that they are really NOT about team building. It is all passive aggressive social dominance. Figure out who in your group upper management likes and subtly back them and keep them from entirely screwing the pooch.

Top Bottom