Errlectric Concentration Station

eddie803

First, I want to make this clear, this is not a gripe about a refund, warranty, or exchange. I am upset this company takes advantage of their customers so blatantly, and I would simply like to share my views/points.

I bought an Errlectric less than a month ago. I have used it less than 10 times. The rubber band retention system defies logic. How can you charge so much more than your closest competitor for a quartz nail, but have such a serious design flaw, so serious, you released an improved version of the POS rubber band.

The rubber band has flown off the grid multiple times, causing the coil to literally fall right off. In other words, the rubber band does not hold on to the coil well, and with the slightest movement, the rubber band goes flying off and the coil drops like a brick. It’s dangerous! How about instead of fixing the problem with a larger bandaid, you simply redesign the bucket so the arm hooks just slightly, restricting the coil from falling off.

Next, the system constantly states, GFI Failed test, on a flat surface. When I asked Errlectric, they told me it’s a known issue and I would have to ship my unit back for repair. It does it every single time, and often has to cycle many times before finally passing. This shows piss poor quality control.

Third, I received 20% off with the fc discount code. I was under the impression, I was getting a good deal, not realizing you can buy the unit for much less from different vendors. When I asked Errlectric about this, they told me that they encourage their customers to shop around before buying from them.

I understand. Vendors often have sales or other promotions which manufacturers simply do not offer, but charging almost double while giving the impression you are somehow giving us a deal because we are FC members is dubious at best.

Fourth, their customer service is very rude. In response to my feedback about their product and service, they responded with 3 letters, “lol”

Fifth, the menu is a pain in the ass. Very counter intuitive! You cannot just press up or down to change the coil temp. You have to first find the Set Temp option, then press another button to enter the menu, then return to the previous buttons and finally change the temp. You can’t even hold the temp button down to change rapidly. You literally have to press the button for every 10 degrees. Try doing this medicated/baked!

Sixth, from the D-Nail to the cheap Gidmos, you can take your coil off the nail and use it how you please, but yet the Errlectric forces you with threat of warranty default to use one coil/nail. This basically forces you to buy another expensive coil/nail from them, or their vendors.

Overall, if you are about to spend this much money for an e-nail, please checkout the D-Nail, Auber, Gidmo, or anyone else. There are many companies out there charging far less for better products. Don’t just fall for the made in the USA mark, or hype, and whatever you do, if you decide to purchase one, DO NOT BUY DIRECT!

Last edited:
eddie803,

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
The "high temp silicone O-ring" was never going to cut it for me. Right from the beginning. I wired mine to the coil with Ni-chrome wire. However, I have had nothing but good experiences with their Customer Service. If you come across to them the way your first post on this forum comes across (hostile from the get-go), then I'm not surprised you were met with some attitude. You bought a good product from an American company. (If other retailers want to sell it at a smaller margin they have that right to a point). Their warranty is solid. (But they can't fix it if they don't have it). I have watched my friend burn through 2 coils on 2 different "cheaper" units in the time I have owned my Errlectric. Sorry you are having a bad experience.

NickDlow

Log Hog
First, I want to make this clear, this is not a gripe about a refund, warranty, or exchange. I am upset this company takes advantage of their customers so blatantly, and I would simply like to share my views/points.

I bought an Errlectric less than a month ago. I have used it less than 10 times. The rubber band retention system defies logic. How can you charge so much more than your closest competitor for a quartz nail, but have such a serious design flaw, so serious, you released an improved version of the POS rubber band.

The rubber band has flown off the grid multiple times, causing the coil to literally fall right off. In other words, the rubber band does not hold on to the coil well, and with the slightest movement, the rubber band goes flying off and the coil drops like a brick. It’s dangerous! How about instead of fixing the problem with a larger bandaid, you simply redesign the bucket so the arm hooks just slightly, restricting the coil from falling off.

Next, the system constantly states, GFI Failed test, on a flat surface. When I asked Errlectric, they told me it’s a known issue and I would have to ship my unit back for repair. It does it every single time, and often has to cycle many times before finally passing. This shows piss poor quality control.

Third, I received 20% off with the fc discount code. I was under the impression, I was getting a good deal, not realizing you can buy the unit for much less from different vendors. When I asked Errlectric about this, they told me that they encourage their customers to shop around before buying from them.

I understand. Vendors often have sales or other promotions which manufacturers simply do not offer, but charging almost double while giving the impression you are somehow giving us a deal because we are FC members is dubious at best.

Fourth, their customer service is very rude. In response to my feedback about their product and service, they responded with 3 letters, “lol”

Fifth, the menu is a pain in the ass. Very counter intuitive! You cannot just press up or down to change the coil temp. You have to first find the Set Temp option, then press another button to enter the menu, then return to the previous buttons and finally change the temp. You can’t even hold the temp button down to change rapidly. You literally have to press the button for every 10 degrees. Try doing this medicated/baked!

Sixth, from the D-Nail to the cheap Gidmos, you can take your coil off the nail and use it how you please, but yet the Errlectric forces you with threat of warranty default to use one coil/nail. This basically forces you to buy another expensive coil/nail from them, or their vendors.

Overall, if you are about to spend this much money for an e-nail, please checkout the D-Nail, Auber, Gidmo, or anyone else. There are many companies out there charging far less for better products. Don’t just fall for the made in the USA mark, or hype, and whatever you do, if you decide to purchase one, DO NOT BUY DIRECT!

I wholeheartedly disagree.

To each his own.

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
Rippin on the FQN this morning on some NYC Diesel and Local Sour Purple Diesel, shatter. Both fresh from the purge.!
nBRg9yJ.jpg

Last edited:

NickDlow

Log Hog
Has anyone else ordered from cannoiseur? I am a little worried, as I ordered on Saturday and it is now Wednesday, but my order status is still "unfulfilled". Hope I didn't get ripped off!

I'm in the same boat.

My assumption is that they're (the graphics) made to order. I had asked if my new unit would have the updated menu. I was told that they (Cannoisseur) were asking (Errlectric I assume) for the most updated units.

sweetherb

I'm in the same boat.

My assumption is that they're (the graphics) made to order. I had asked if my new unit would have the updated menu. I was told that they (Cannoisseur) were asking (Errlectric I assume) for the most updated units.

OK, at least I am not alone. That makes me feel better! Patience has never been one of my strengths.

herbivore21

I agree with the gripe about the 'rubber band' design. Like my man Diehard concedes, this was an ill-conceived idea. Whoever thought of it really needs some basic lessons in materials safety!

The integrated heater on their nails is an off-putting feature for me too, but I understand that some are cool with this and that is fair enough IMO.

What really gets me is the cost of at least one of their nails (I'm looking at you, quartz banger!) is considerably more than what D-nail charges, and errrlectric simply do not have the same degree of R & D that D-nail have on their Deep Dish Banger.

A good example of this specific comparative R & D deficit is the use of an encased heater to solve the issue of heat distribution in the center of the bottom of the dish in the banger (which D-nail specifically advise against due to the potential for so much expanding hot metal to damage quartz over time, even though they would make more money if encased heaters were purchased!).

It boggles the mind that a smaller (16mm vs 20mm) banger with less sophisticated design costs more than the D-Nail deep dish banger - whose standard 20mm heater is held securely in place by a quartz hook with no need for any wire/silicon band with a quartz convective trap to ensure more even heat distribution on the floor of the dish.

I haven't heard of the issue that @eddie803 had happening to other Errrlectric users in this thread, but concede that microprocessors/computer based solutions, whilst potentially capable of many more things than a PID are also prone to more issues as well - being a far more complex device. It's a double-edged sword.

I've got to say on price, D-nail are on the expensive side too though. There are other resellers you could find them for less than the D-nail site too no doubt. As my friends above have stated, this is par for the course with a number of manufacturers though.

That being said, my 20mm heater coil has been left on 24/7 since October last year or something, and still going strong! Controller has never, ever had a problem. That shit goes the distance! I own two DIY Dnails and both have never missed a beat having been put well and truly through their paces. I'm about to sell one of my D-nails and Deep Dish Banger in favour of SiC though lol

Still, I've got to hand it to Errrlectric on the quartz herb nail, I think future iterations of this could really give us sublimator-like clouds and even better taste with some work! If/when that day comes, I'll be buying an Errrlectric! :D

Last edited:

NickDlow

Log Hog
tbh if the 'rubber band' or high temp silicone oring is one of the main gripes then I'd say that's not to shabby.

The banger/heater thing. If I'm not mistaken they've done testing and ok'ed the heating dish to stay attached to the Quartz. As stated in the last sentence of their product description.
wvWRexg.jpg

I would not try this with any other enail!

That looks like good R&D to me.

herbivore21

tbh if the 'rubber band' or high temp silicone oring is one of the main gripes then I'd say that's not to shabby.

The banger/heater thing. If I'm not mistaken they've done testing and ok'ed the heating dish to stay attached to the Quartz. As stated in the last sentence of their product description.
wvWRexg.jpg

I would not try this with any other enail!

That looks like good R&D to me.
But was it tested with the same rigor as the silicone band? :p

Still though, only time will tell whether their tolerances are just right or not. I concede that I don't know of any which have broken from this yet so this is potentially not an issue.

Actually the biggest gripe for me aside from heater mount would be not having a custom fitting quartz carb cap which can be left on top of the nail without holding it lol

NickDlow

Log Hog
But was it tested with the same rigor as the silicone band? :p

Still though, only time will tell whether their tolerances are just right or not. I concede that I don't know of any which have broken from this yet so this is potentially not an issue.

Actually the biggest gripe for me would be not having a custom fitting quartz carb cap which can be left on top of the nail without holding it lol

YES!! A banger cap is a big gripe for me and I've voiced it publicly and to Errlectric. I have a feeling they're working on it. If not I'm thinking of seeing if one of our blowers could it it with one. I tried the banger caps off Dhgate and they're just too unreliable as far as measurements go.

The search continues...

herbivore21

YES!! A banger cap is a big gripe for me and I've voiced it publicly and to Errlectric. I have a feeling they're working on it. If not I'm thinking of seeing if one of our blowers could it it with one. I tried the banger caps off Dhgate and they're just too unreliable as far as measurements go.

The search continues...
We need a resident FC blower here who actually blows quartz!!! The angled top of the cup on the Errlectric banger would be a challenge but I'm sure someone could solve this ;)

NickDlow

Log Hog
Has anyone else ordered from cannoiseur? I am a little worried, as I ordered on Saturday and it is now Wednesday, but my order status is still "unfulfilled". Hope I didn't get ripped off!

Cannoisseur rep: "The wholesale order is shipping to us today from Errlectric. They had a backlog of orders they’d been working on and when I asked them to make sure the new software was included that was another thing they had to do before the units went to Quality Control.

Depending on where the forum members live they should have their units Saturday or Monday."

Errlectfried

Closed Column Tami Extract Artist
I just ordered a $340 errlectric thanks to fc & Cannoiseurs...happy birthday/house warming gift for my lil brother!

Obviously I love Errlectric as I've purchased 2 in the past 10 months.

That said my only beef is related to the overpriced pressed-on heaters.

I understand that an attached unit has better temp sensor accuracy...

Regardless they should offer 3 or 4 plain heaters like everyone else...a flat, 10, 16, 20.

I'm having a flat and a 16 custom made 200w/120v 5 pin din for me as I needs me some ceramic love. Should be here next week.

If errlectric offered a ceramic nail/heater for under $200 I'd try it as well.

Last edited:

mutten840

between the quartz insert and the nail. I am not sure why I would want to remove the nail as I am pretty much covered for tasty low and high temp dabs :tup: I really don't mind the nail being pressed in. Maybe build a DIY setup to mess around with flat coils and such. I think of my errlectric like a Benz.I paid enough for it I just want that shit to look sexy and work flawlessly and with ease every time :rockon:

Errlectfried

Closed Column Tami Extract Artist
Like I said I'm fine with them pressing them in...but they should offer the heaters naked as well.

Last edited:

sweetherb

It has now been a week since I ordered my unit. I keep getting messages from the guys at Cannoiseur saying "your unit will ship today and you will receive a tracking number". However, my unit still has not shipped.

I guess I should just chill, as I got a great price, but I can't help feeling frustrated.

sweetherb,

NickDlow

Log Hog
It has now been a week since I ordered my unit. I keep getting messages from the guys at Cannoiseur saying "your unit will ship today and you will receive a tracking number". However, my unit still has not shipped.

I guess I should just chill, as I got a great price, but I can't help feeling frustrated.

It will come and it will be worth the wait trust me. But I get where you're coming from. I'd say the latest will hopefully be Tuesday or Wednesday.

Which one did you grab?

Top Bottom