Errlectric Concentration Station

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
Hi guys, i have had my errlectric for around half a year now and i have been experiencing this horrible taste recently when i dab off it. I didn't do anything different and i know its not the shatter (im not just saying that, i tried it with my domed nail with torch and there is no bad taste) So i decided to get the Ti brush, Vortex cap (to clean the shaft) and the heat cage (to reduce the amount of dust or w/e landing on the nail from the air. After trying everything the bad taste just got worse. I have been only using the original Ti Nail that came with the errlectirc unit.

I wanted to know if anyone here has had any similar experiences? Im personally convinced something is going on with the nail, it did not taste like this before and i cleaned every piece i could think of. I really loved my errlectric when i got it but at this point i dont know if i should send it in for warranty (the coils are also under warranty im pretty sure) or what else i could try.

I ended up getting the errlectric because i heard from @DieHard on the persei section how good the errlectric is, so i figure this would be the best place to come for help! thanks!
Did you try using the vortex cap's shaft to clean the buildup out of the chimney? I found that once it builds up the gunk fouls the flavor. The cap's shaft fits perfectly to clean that stuff with a twist.

NickDlow

Log Hog
Hi guys, i have had my errlectric for around half a year now and i have been experiencing this horrible taste recently when i dab off it. I didn't do anything different and i know its not the shatter (im not just saying that, i tried it with my domed nail with torch and there is no bad taste) So i decided to get the Ti brush, Vortex cap (to clean the shaft) and the heat cage (to reduce the amount of dust or w/e landing on the nail from the air. After trying everything the bad taste just got worse. I have been only using the original Ti Nail that came with the errlectirc unit.

I wanted to know if anyone here has had any similar experiences? Im personally convinced something is going on with the nail, it did not taste like this before and i cleaned every piece i could think of. I really loved my errlectric when i got it but at this point i dont know if i should send it in for warranty (the coils are also under warranty im pretty sure) or what else i could try.

I ended up getting the errlectric because i heard from @DieHard on the persei section how good the errlectric is, so i figure this would be the best place to come for help! thanks!

Any visible off gassing on a clean nail? Can you guess what the taste might be, silicone or whatever? Either way I'd contact the CS to see what they might think.

darkshade

Did you try using the vortex cap's shaft to clean the buildup out of the chimney? I found that once it builds up the gunk fouls the flavor. The cap's shaft fits perfectly to clean that stuff with a twist.

Yes, that one the main reasons i bought it, as there was gunk builtup but after i removed it the same taste remained, I also got the Ti brush and i cleaned the dish quite well after letting it sit at 850 or 900 for awhile until its white inside.

Any visible off gassing on a clean nail? Can you guess what the taste might be, silicone or whatever? Either way I'd contact the CS to see what they might think.

No visible off gassing on clean nail, but if i smell the nail (like i waft the air to my nose so i dont just smell the reclaim if i try dry hitting it) when it is on i do smell the same "taste" im trying to get rid off (main reason i think the nail is the culprit.

as for the taste itself, its hard to describe, it doesn't smell like silicone or any of the regular culprits of bad tastes like hair or finger oil, and the dabs dont sizzle either like when they get contaminated with anything. I keep trying to come up with something to describe it to but i cant lol, it does destroy the taste of the dab, like nothing gets through, its just uugh and i swear it makes me cough more just cuz it tastes so hard.

right now im just back on the dome life, but yeah, i was hoping someone else here experienced the same thing

NickDlow

Log Hog
Yes, that one the main reasons i bought it, as there was gunk builtup but after i removed it the same taste remained, I also got the Ti brush and i cleaned the dish quite well after letting it sit at 850 or 900 for awhile until its white inside.

No visible off gassing on clean nail, but if i smell the nail (like i waft the air to my nose so i dont just smell the reclaim if i try dry hitting it) when it is on i do smell the same "taste" im trying to get rid off (main reason i think the nail is the culprit.

as for the taste itself, its hard to describe, it doesn't smell like silicone or any of the regular culprits of bad tastes like hair or finger oil, and the dabs dont sizzle either like when they get contaminated with anything. I keep trying to come up with something to describe it to but i cant lol, it does destroy the taste of the dab, like nothing gets through, its just uugh and i swear it makes me cough more just cuz it tastes so hard.

right now im just back on the dome life, but yeah, i was hoping someone else here experienced the same thing

You could use this as an excuse to pick up the FQN :brow::tup:

Either way I hope you get it sorted out.

darkshade

You could use this as an excuse to pick up the FQN :brow::tup:

Either way I hope you get it sorted out.

i was considering it but i cant afford it right now lol,then again i might not be able to afford not too

its just strange is all, do nails age at all? like why is this happening now of all times. I keep my temp nice and low too around 600

thanks guys

Last edited:
darkshade,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

NickDlow

Log Hog
man that FQN loooks so good! is there a way cap it though or is there really not any need to cap it at all?
i was considering it but i cant afford it right now lol,then again i might not be able to afford not too

its just strange is all, do nails age at all? like why is this happening now of all times. I keep my temp nice and low too around 600

thanks guys

Friendly suggestion, utilize the edit feature so the mods don't have to work sooo hard :cool: lol

But there is no way your nail has aged. There must be a defect after only 6 months IMO.

As for the FQN the masterminds at errlectric made the SlowFlow cap! It's their concept on a carb cap, I love it! It's a dabber/carb cap in one made of boro and Ti.

darkshade

Friendly suggestion, utilize the edit feature so the mods don't have to work sooo hard :cool: lol

But there is no way your nail has aged. There must be a defect after only 6 months IMO.

As for the FQN the masterminds at errlectric made the SlowFlow cap! It's their concept on a carb cap, I love it! It's a dabber/carb cap in one made of boro and Ti.

man i must be ripped cuz i find the edit button anywhere and i swear i used it before xD

h3rbalist

I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too
Just recieved my 3rd repaired/replacement Errlectric Concentration Station.

Turn around this time was a matter of weeks not months.
Thanks to @polvoman from http://patientnumberzero.com

(check out there new Star Wars glass)

:)

Errl have sent a brand new, boxed complete herb nail setup. So I now have a spare coil and herb chamber which I'm considering selling to re coup my delivery costs. (PM me if interested)

And a free sticker!!!!!

20160527_124744_zpseq4zzaif.jpg

One happy friend of the Jibtronix corp here....

:science::science::science::science::science::science::science::science:

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
The Quad is on my Radar. I will need to sell one of my Errlectric fleet to fund it. The MobileNail looks amazing. I have used my 110v unit on the go with an inverter in the car. But the Legality issues in my state make it not such a good idea to be dabbing out and about!

smutman

SmutmanMDCXX
The Quad is on my Radar. I will need to sell one of my Errlectric fleet to fund it. The MobileNail looks amazing. I have used my 110v unit on the go with an inverter in the car. But the Legality issues in my state make it not such a good idea to be dabbing out and about!

Once I figured out how to control each nail and such, I'm so glad I got it. Especially if I just wanna dab out with friends all night and not dab the same nail twice in a row. I got the same problems but the MobileEnail would be a good travel nail with the good weather upon us now.

harmless healing

Just want to chime in here with my experience with my Errl as a UK based customer.

About two months in my Errl developed an electrical problem.

(Sparks emanating from the circuit board followed by complete failure of the unit)

I delt with Errls customer service directly and had a very bad experience.

Aside from the fact that I was hit with postage and customs fees in excess of £100 the main issue I had with them was that I was specifically asked (in writing) to return my complete unit to Errl for full tests.

When they fixed my unit (and admitted the fault was theres) they returned it without my coil and told me I had never sent them the coil because they 'usually do not request it'.

After lots of emails, some if whilch I found very rude and condisending and much wasted time, 3 months in total I would say they do not offer good customer service.

At least not to me anyway.

Whilst I still enjoy the benefits of my Errl I am dreading the day it goes wrong again and I have to deal with their god awful customer service people.

I would strongly suggest anyone outside the US to consider a different option or make sure your supplier deals with any faults that you have so you don't have to deal directly with Errl.

Hey bro. Sorry to hear you've had a couple problems with the unit but glad you got it sorted quicker thIs time. So they sent you and extra coil? That's great news.

I am also in the uk and am looking at a errl from patient zero. Does he not deal with the warranty claims on this? Been looking at enail uk aswell but that means buying coils nails etc

h3rbalist

I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too
Hey bro. Sorry to hear you've had a couple problems with the unit but glad you got it sorted quicker thIs time. So they sent you and extra coil? That's great news.

I am also in the uk and am looking at a errl from patient zero. Does he not deal with the warranty claims on this? Been looking at enail uk aswell but that means buying coils nails etc

Yes, it's a full 3 year warranty.

The first time it failed we agreed it would be a faster turnaround if I sent directly to Errl for repair.

Let me know if you want my herb coil and chamber as it's going in the classifieds soon.

h3rbalist,

harmless healing

I have spent a lot of the night on dnails website. And I gotta say. A lot of things are tempting me.
The main one being.
I can get a full set up with the bubbleman approved brand and one of the Halo dishes w/ sapphire insert cheaper than I can get the errl at the moment. Can't really turn it down. Thinking I'll bite the bullet next payday. Their website has all sorts of thermal conduction science tools for nail and PID discrepancy calculation. That also impressed me

Namaste

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.
Awesome, thank you! I hope we have an opportunity to use this for the mobile concentration station soon!! :)

That is what I was thinking!

Now yer talkin'!

Any ETA on those babies?
I remember seeing a picture last year of the mobile; looks like the same pic they have posted on their IG account now.

Will the mobile unit only support Errlectric heaters/nails?

alittledabwilldoya',

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Last edited:

NickDlow

Log Hog

Welcome to the elite my friend! And damn that's a sweet ass deal!!

Now yer talkin'!

Any ETA on those babies?
I remember seeing a picture last year of the mobile; looks like the same pic they have posted on their IG account now.

Will the mobile unit only support Errlectric heaters/nails?

If I'm not mistaken, the mobile will NOT be compatible with the current Errlectric nails. The mobile I believe will have its own specific nails.

brucee10

Welcome to the elite my friend! And damn that's a sweet ass deal!!

If I'm not mistaken, the mobile will NOT be compatible with the current Errlectric nails. The mobile I believe will have its own specific nails.
I'm sure the heaters are 12V, but the nails is where I expect Errlectric to do something neat.

brucee10,

Maitri

Deadhead, Low-Temp Dabber, Mahayana Buddhist

I have both the herb and FQ nails and I cannot decide which I prefer because they both are incredibly efficient and effective at what they do and while there is a fair amount of overlap in their function, they both clearly excel at different (and joyfully wonderful) things. You are going to absolutely adore your herb nail - and if you have not ordered a VortexCap yet, do it - like right now because the sooner you do, the sooner you can use it to do some incredible dabs off your herb nail's heater dish. That (with or without flower at the same time) makes the ($60 - $13.8 = $46.20) price of the VortexCap sooooo very worth it!!

:nod::science::leaf:

Congratulations and Enjoy!

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
I'll second the vortex cap! I also have the slo-flo cap for the FQN. The function on the vortex cap on their Ti nail or Quartz insert is amazing. For the FQN I have been using an Indiglo glass top made by @dp_glass on Instagram, when in not using the slo-flo.

Top Bottom