Errlectric Concentration Station

JRR22611

I just received my errlectric with herbalizer and nail in the mail.
As advised by customer service, I used the clean cycle to burn off the oils from the fabrication process.
I have used the clean cycle a few times but also I cranked the machine to full capacity for an hour, and repeated.

I still detect this odour I can only describe as "chemically".

I realize these are subjective concerns but I would GREATLY appreciate any input I can get with respect to how you guys initially cleaned your metal, and maintain it.
Has anyone tried dipping in ISO?
Can anyone relate to the foul odour following initially heating the metal?
Do you have a favourite cleaning tool?
I bought the errlectric titanium brush but I know it wouldn't clean the odour causing oils. It seems like it could greatly mar and scratch the titanium surface, does anyone have experience thoroughly cleaning their titanium with this brush?

I'm new to this site so if I'm doing anything at all wrong please say so.

JRR22611,

herbivore21

As advised by customer service, I used the clean cycle to burn off the oils from the fabrication process.
I have used the clean cycle a few times but also I cranked the machine to full capacity for an hour, and repeated.

I realize these are subjective concerns but I would GREATLY appreciate any input I can get with respect to how you guys initially cleaned your metal, and maintain it.
I bought the errlectric titanium brush but I know it wouldn't clean the odour causing oils. It seems like it could greatly mar and scratch the titanium surface, does anyone have experience thoroughly cleaning their titanium with this brush?

Hmmm, I wonder if the smell you are talking about here is the smell of the Kanthal Nichrome heater coil being heated? Remember, this can smell, especially at high heat when cleaning.

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker

I have all three nails and I have not experienced this with any of the coils. I have detected the "hot coil" smell that @herbivore21 referred to. I usually run my Herb Nail at 710-760F. I usually dab off the standard nail at 460-580F. When I switch between coils, I sometimes get a smell from the oils from me touching it but it quickly burns off. Make sure it is not getting hot past where the actual coil material begins to attach to the cable.

herbivore21

I have all three nails and I have not experienced this with any of the coils. I have detected the "hot coil" smell that @herbivore21 referred to. I usually run my Herb Nail at 710-760F. I usually dab off the standard nail at 460-580F. When I switch between coils, I sometimes get a smell from the oils from me touching it but it quickly burns off. Make sure it is not getting hot past where the actual coil material begins to attach to the cable.
The smell I describe is not a super strong smell, it is that unmistakable hot metal smell that comes off a very hot coil if you stand directly above it.

Definitely what my main man DieHard describes could also be the issue, I've definitely had funky smells come off my d-nail coils when I've touched them with my hands and gotten whatever residue was on my hands onto the coil which is then cooked to hell. lol

NickDlow

Log Hog
I also have all three nails. Two of which I run a high temps for the cleaning. Even then I don't notice any smell besides the old dab residue burning off. I most defiantly haven't noticed any foreign smell or more importantly taste at dabbing temps.

Here's a little melt video with my Cannoisseur Errlectric.

NickDlow

Log Hog
@NickDlow I'm stalking the postal service. It should be here today!

Quick question for you all: I use a reclaim bucket with my traditional Ti nail. Would I need one with the Errlectric? Is it efficient enough not to worry about reclaim? Thanks for your insights.

I've been there many a times. Including right now and I'm getting more aggravated with each second that passes.

As for reclaim I don't notice much at all.

UnixRasta

The smell I describe is not a super strong smell, it is that unmistakable hot metal smell that comes off a very hot coil if you stand directly above it.

Definitely what my main man DieHard describes could also be the issue, I've definitely had funky smells come off my d-nail coils when I've touched them with my hands and gotten whatever residue was on my hands onto the coil which is then cooked to hell. lol

Hey herbivore21 I noticed that you also have a D-Nail 1.2 in addition to your Errlectric.
I am curious how the 2 compare?
I see that the protective braid is thick metal on the heater cord vs the thin kevlar braid on the D-Nail heater cord.
I like the new auto burn-off feature of the Errlectric, along with various other features.
I am thinking about buying an Errlectric (with the 25% FUCKCOMBUSTION discount) now that I have sold my Herbalizer.
Do you see enough of a difference to justify buying both?
Thanks.

herbivore21

Hey herbivore21 I noticed that you also have a D-Nail 1.2 in addition to your Errlectric.
I am curious how the 2 compare?
I see that the protective braid is thick metal on the heater cord vs the thin kevlar braid on the D-Nail heater cord.
I like the new auto burn-off feature of the Errlectric, along with various other features.
I am thinking about buying an Errlectric (with the 25% FUCKCOMBUSTION discount) now that I have sold my Herbalizer.
Do you see enough of a difference to justify buying both?
Thanks.
I actually don't own an errlectric, only a d-nail.

I don't see any reason to purchase an errlectric now personally, given that they only offer quartz and titanium nails (which are joined at the hip with their heater coils) and I am not interested in using either of these materials for nails anymore since silicon carbide and sapphire came to town!

I ditched my 20mm pukinbeagle deep dish banger a while back for an infiniti with sapphire insert which beats quartz in the flavor stakes hands down - even though I have to do smaller dabs I couldn't go back to the inferior taste of high end, expensive quartz! ;)

NickDlow

Log Hog
It's coming soon!!!!
EiGWjjR.jpg

UnixRasta

I actually don't own an errlectric, only a d-nail.

I don't see any reason to purchase an errlectric now personally, given that they only offer quartz and titanium nails (which are joined at the hip with their heater coils) and I am not interested in using either of these materials for nails anymore since silicon carbide and sapphire came to town!

I ditched my 20mm pukinbeagle deep dish banger a while back for an infiniti with sapphire insert which beats quartz in the flavor stakes hands down - even though I have to do smaller dabs I couldn't go back to the inferior taste of high end, expensive quartz! ;)

Thanks for the detailed response. I will evaluate all of my options!

PeteSeattle

Hey all, just a shout out to @NickDlow. We had a successful transaction and I now own his Errlectric.

I would've written this yesterday but I was heavily medicated to do so

I've seen all the videos and forums about start-up time but this is insanely fast. The quartz insert is amazing. I was so used to tasting scorched Ti. So glad I made a switch to the Errlectric.

Thanks again, Nick!

sweetherb

So my 240v errlectric unit finally arrived today. I had to pay quite a lot in extra shipping, as the postal service in my country is unreliable, so I went for Fedex. Customs also slapped me in the face with a nice bill, but there you go. Even though it took a long time to get here, Sean at Cannoiseur was very friendly and helpful throughout.

Anyway, after an initial "cleaning" mode burn-off, I turned the unit to 270°C (520°F), dropped a small dab of some lovely sativa crumble into the trough and put the vortex cap on. All I can say is: this was worth the wait! I am getting insanely intense flavor and the hits are so soft I can barely tell I am even inhaling anything, yet the clouds produced are massive! I am now even trying my water pieces without water, as this should make the flavor even more intense and I don't think I really need the cooling at these temps anyway.

Why did I not do this years ago??? Will obviously keep my other nail and torch for power cuts etc., but can't see myself using them ever again. Wow, just wow.

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
So my 240v errlectric unit finally arrived today. I had to pay quite a lot in extra shipping, as the postal service in my country is unreliable, so I went for Fedex. Customs also slapped me in the face with a nice bill, but there you go. Even though it took a long time to get here, Sean at Cannoiseur was very friendly and helpful throughout.

Anyway, after an initial "cleaning" mode burn-off, I turned the unit to 270°C (520°F), dropped a small dab of some lovely sativa crumble into the trough and put the vortex cap on. All I can say is: this was worth the wait! I am getting insanely intense flavor and the hits are so soft I can barely tell I am even inhaling anything, yet the clouds produced are massive! I am now even trying my water pieces without water, as this should make the flavor even more intense and I don't think I really need the cooling at these temps anyway.

Why did I not do this years ago??? Will obviously keep my other nail and torch for power cuts etc., but can't see myself using them ever again. Wow, just wow.
Awesome! Welcome to the Errlectric way of life! Wait until you try the Herb Nail!:worms:

SMELLYcat

My name is SMELLYcat and I like to Party!
b2RJXSi.jpg
Errlectric did it legit. The HerbNail is best 420 purchase in a while. I have been vaping herb and taking dabbs @ 600 f. Havent really messed with dif temps yet. I have timed the heat up at 2 min. It's is pretty quick. The herb/errl combo is CRAZY. I am wondering why you would want a regular nail?

Out the box its a standard raw ti look. After a few day with this unit and its seasoning into a beautiful blue/purple. The Carb cap is a must for this setup. Vaping concentrates at low temp is the only way to go. Getting it to sit just right in the glass bowl, so it doesn't pop out is the only thing I wish was a little more solid. I would hate to have this thing fall on your leg or arm.

The soft temp works flawlessly. Cleaning setting is baddass. Makes life easy. Made in the USA!

Did a Digital wrap on my white unit. Its a custom digital art file done by a friend. He got me 2 prints to mess with. Also changed out the side Phillips head screws with some stainless button heads. (never removed top, just did each screw one at a time). I think they make for a cleaner look.

@DieHard Thanks Hommie

Last edited:

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
Errlectric did it legit. The HerbNail is best 420 purchase in a while. I have been vaping herb and taking dabbs @ 600 f. Havent really messed with dif temps yet. I have timed the heat up at 2 min. It's is pretty quick. The herb/errl combo is CRAZY. I am wondering why you would want a regular nail?

Out the box its a standard raw ti look. After a few day with this unit and its seasoning into a beautiful blue/purple. The Carb cap is a must for this setup. Vaping concentrates at low temp is the only way to go. Getting it to sit just right in the glass bowl, so it doesn't pop out is the only thing I wish was a little more solid. I would hate to have this thing fall on your leg or arm.

The soft temp works flawlessly. Cleaning setting is baddass. Makes life easy. Made in the USA!

Did a Digital wrap on my white unit. Its a custom digital art file done by a friend. He got me 2 prints to mess with. Also changed out the side Phillips head screws with some stainless button heads. (never removed top, just did each screw one at a time). I think they make for a cleaner look.

Cant post images? Anybody know why? Admin? Or operator error? Says UPLOADS NOT AVAILABLE? Any help would be great. Thanks
You have to upload pics to a hosting site like imgur. Then copy the BBCode and paste in the body of the message.

SMELLYcat

My name is SMELLYcat and I like to Party!
I have been using the carb cap when vaping herb. It's getting me some great low temp herb hits. This system is the only way to do something like this. Anybody else giving this a try?

Another plus for the HerbNail!

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
I have learned a new vape technique with my Errlectric. While waiting for my UD to be passed back to me, I was sitting there with the stem loaded with some fresh Blueberry. My Errlectric was set on 850 for cleaning with the standard Ti nail. Then, epiphany,:razz: "Hmm...why can't I just use the heat from the nail to vape with my UD stem"
Bam! Instant log vape!

sweetherb

I have now had my errlectric for around a week and am still in love.

Over the last few days, friends and I have tried all temperatures from 220 to 350°C (430 to 650°F). The effects really vary quite significantly based on temperature, and "experimenting" has been a lot of fun!

Although the flavor is amazing at really low temps, I am getting quite a bit of reclaim pooling on the bottom of the nail. As such, my favorite overall temp is currently 260°C (500f). This seems to give a nice dense hit, while maintaining excellent flavor and minimizing reclaim. I cannot ever see myself going hotter than 350°C (650f), as this was extremely intense and made me cough badly.

Obviously, all of this is with the vortex cap, which is fantastic.

My only regret is not getting the quartz insert, although I may still invest in one.

NickDlow

Log Hog
Errlectric has starter pre-orders on the Errlectric SlowFlow Cap for the FQN, only $75 and $80 for a colored anodized one! I confirmed with Matt, matt@qwicdist.com that the FC discount does indeed apply. I'm setting mine up with him today! Shoot him an email to grab yours.

IEL5RCZ.jpg

The SlowFlow™ Cap fits all Errlectric® Full Quartz Nails and other quartz "banger style" nails for simultaneousapplication and capping for low-temp vaporization!

A slanted titanium cap seals against the angled top of quartz nails. A borosilicate concentrate tool with a solid pointed tip passes through the cap with a carefully sized air slit above the tip. The location of the air slit allows air to enter the bottom of the quartz dish from the center of the borosilicate tube. Modulate air flow at the end of the tube with your finger.

The restricted flow of air reduces the pressure and boiling point allowing for lower temperature and higher flavor vaporization of oils.

• Grade 2 titanium angled cap (Made in USA) Titanium Material Certification
  • Borosilicate air tube with pointed tip (Made in USA)
  • Modulate air flow with tip of finger on end of tube (fire polished.)
  • Maria (ring) on glass tube keeps cap in the ideal location above the tip.
  • Flat side on titanium cap prevents rolling, for resting on flat surfaces.
Made in U.S.A. with the highest quality materials and finest workmanship.

Titanium Cap Available in Five Colors!
  • Plain Titanium
  • Dark Blue/Violet
  • Light Blue
  • Gold
  • Pink
Colors are approximate and may contain some imperfections. Anodizing is performed in-house with standard titanium anodizing processes that are completely non-toxic. Anodizing occurs naturally when heating titanium; we use electricity to accomplish the same phenomenon.

*Pre-Order Only*
Expected Shipping Date: August 24

Errlectfried

Closed Column Tami Extract Artist
b2RJXSi.jpg

@DieHard Thanks Hommie

How? I Must have my own custom wrap! Yours is sick!

Top Bottom