• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued Epicvape EV-1/EV-2

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
Ace, right now my main question is how efficient is it with respect to the amount of herb it requires to get reasonably good vapor? How would it compare to the MZ or the PD for herb efficiency. I really like everything about this, but the efficiency factor is important to me. I really dont expect it to be as efficient as a MZ or PD, but I wouldn't expect it to gobble up herb like some other vapes. Something between an MZ/PD and a VaporStore Vapor Tower (small bowl) would be acceptable to me. :)

Lycanthrope,

ACE OF VAPE

Vape outside the box
Manufacturer
lycanthroppe said:
Ace, right now my main question is how efficient is it with respect to the amount of herb it requires to get reasonably good vapor? How would it compare to the MZ or the PD for herb efficiency. I really like everything about this, but the efficiency factor is important to me. I really dont expect it to be as efficient as a MZ or PD, but I wouldn't expect it to gobble up herb like some other vapes. Something between an MZ/PD and a VaporStore Vapor Tower (small bowl) would be acceptable to me.

The efficiency is closer to a PD than a Tower, I like to put between .1-.2g in the bowl. There is a finite amount any vape can extract before you burn the material. It's a combination of the plant material, the heat applied and volume of air you draw through it. I like to use the standard setting until there is very little visible vapor left, then stir it up a little and use the 'BOOST' to extract the rest. This leaves the ABV ironically about the same color as the dark walnut the EV-1 is crafted from. Watch for the reviews and videos from the beta testers in the next few weeks.
I hope that answers your question.
Ace

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
Thanks Ace, that kind of puts it into perspective for me. If I can get good vapor out of 0.20g then it works for me, I LIKE IT. :D

Lycanthrope,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Been in contact with Andy from EpicVape, nice guy.

Expect a full detailed review from me in the next couple of weeks. More to come.

IAmKrazy2,

ACE OF VAPE

Vape outside the box
Manufacturer
twanbiz said:
Just ordered I will let you all know when it shows up!.

Thank You for your support! It will ship in 2weeks.

Andy@epicvape

ACE OF VAPE,

ACE OF VAPE

Vape outside the box
Manufacturer
[img=IMG_0457.jpg]http://www.epicvape.com/epicvape/_._files/IMG_0457.jpg[/img]

The EV-1 ready for action!

ACE OF VAPE,
Reactions: nondarb

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Is this our first peak at the whip/bowl? Is that an Extreme whip/ellbow, or simply a very similiar design? Will my E whip work with this one? Thanks. Really looking forward to one of these. Gotta love a 5min heat up and slick look.

IAmKrazy2,

guardian

they said its a standard 19mm ground glass connection , so i would want to use a da buddha wand instead of the elbow as i dont like tubing :/

guardian,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Probably would work real well with my LSV wand too.... Hmmmm, now maybe try the EZ load bowl inside the LSV wand in conjunction with the EpicVape. Now that sounds swell.

IAmKrazy2,

Ennui Cookout

@Nosferatu, et al: I was told I was in the beta program but I've been waiting roughly a week for instructions on where to even make a payment. Has anyone actually paid yet?

Ennui Cookout,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I was told shipping wouldn't be till next week probably. Them not taking your money up front is nice, as I hate waiting more then a week for something I paid for already to ship, but it is a common thing in this industry. I am down a couple of vapes at the moment, but am in a pleasant mood to wait for mine, so if for some reason one unit ships last, I won't mind if it is mine Ace of Vape, cheers.

This seems to fit real well in my head is a morning vake vape, and/or bedside evening buddy

IAmKrazy2,

Nosferatu

Ennui Cookout said:
@Nosferatu, et al: I was told I was in the beta program but I've been waiting roughly a week for instructions on where to even make a payment. Has anyone actually paid yet?

He sent me the link for payment this morning, but you probably got it too. Now I cant wait this is just the vape I needed right now. And I love the idea of it being an 18mm joint because I too will most definately try all different things on that. Transfer wand with EZ load bowl is the best idea, you could even use a Cloud tube with a simlple adapter. I dont like tubing either so in the future I will definatly replace the whip with a thrown together direct draw tube.

Nosferatu,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Looks like an interesting piece. I am on the fence between this and the PD for my next addition to my vapes. Anybody have both?

:peace:

mvapes,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
In a couple of weeks, i should have both the EV and the PD. I'll be sure to give comparisons of sorts, because due to appearance alone, these two will be compared.

IAmKrazy2,

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
Krazy, I would be extremely interested in the efficiency aspects between the two. Can you get reasonably good vapor from the EV using the same approx. amount of herb that the PD uses? When you perform your evaluation please consider the efficiency between the two.

Lycanthrope,

559stonerr

Man really stuck in a hard place right now.. not sure to take a risk and order the ev-1 or make the safe decision and go with the already proven aromazap. :/:rolleyes:

559stonerr,

lwien

^^ Both made from wood but two different animals I think. This is a whip based vape wrapped in wood. The Zap isn't.
I would think by looking at it that you could get bigger hits with the Epic, but not the efficiency of the Zap.

lwien,

559stonerr

lwien said:
^^ Both made from wood but two different animals I think. This is a whip based vape wrapped in wood. The Zap isn't.
I would think by looking at it that you could get bigger hits with the Epic, but not the efficiency of the Zap.

Wish i had more experience with vaping, i only own a mflb, which i love very much:lol: would you say you get large hits out of the zap?if i get one,i will most likely be using it with abong. From watching the videos,everyone makes it seem as if its easy to get clouuudds, is there a steeper learning curve with a whip style vape or log style?thank you very much:)

559stonerr,

lwien

You can get some nice hits out of the Zap, but it's going to take a bit more work than out of a whip based vape.

Typically, there is more of a learning curve with a whip based vape, but I'm not sure if the same dynamics, to the same extent, are at play with this one.

lwien,

Lycanthrope

King Of The Loons
The MZ is very dependent on the herb's grind size, the stem packing density, and the draw technique. Once you get these parameters down then you can get some very nice clouds. Yes, there is a learning curve with the MZ, but it's not rocket science and you catch on quickly. The most pronounced feature of the MZ and the PD is their awesome efficiency with the amount of herb that you use. If this is important to you then you cant beat the MZ/PD. As far as large clouds, I really dont see any advantage to producing large clouds vs. smaller clouds to get the same effect. You just get more individual draws pulling smaller clouds than the large ones, and as far as I can tell the same effect. It's all up in the air so to speak until someone actually performs an evaluation on the EV. :2c:

Lycanthrope,

max

Out to lunch
559stonerr said:
From watching the videos,everyone makes it seem as if its easy to get clouuudds
Most people making videos understand about vapor visibility and make an effort to use lighting that shows vapor exhales in a 'good light', so to speak. If the vape design and temp setting allow, you can get good hits, with visible vapor exhales, and not even feel the hit or see any vapor on exhale (if the lighting isn't right). Vaporizing is a lot like smoking, but unlike smoking you have to learn the best way to get vapor out of your particular model, and learn how to tell when the bowl is done.

The big learning curve, whether the vape uses a whip or not, comes when your draw speed affects the vaping temp. If it's got a heat exchanger to help maintain the vaping temp, the learning curve is gonna be a lot less. With nothing but the heating element itself to maintain temp, a hard draw will drop your temp, in some cases so low that vapor production will cease.

max,
Top Bottom