1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Epen for flavor vapor usage, NOT nicotine

Discussion in 'Ask FC' started by thejonny2014, Aug 4, 2014.

1. thejonny2014

thejonny2014 Active Member

I'm looking for an epen to just use with some sort of flavoring and to have fun blowing vapor around, absolutely no nicotine or high though.

The only issue is that most epens tend to have nasty chemicals in them anyways (more info here: )

Are there any actual safe epens? That don't have all those added chemicals in them? And if so, is it possible for me to use some sort of flavoring so I can just blow flavored vape, with no nicotine or chemicals?

Is it possible to use my SOLO instead of a different device for this? If so, how do I get a safe liquid to use that has NO carcinogens, nicotine, or any of that nasty stuff in it?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  2. Ratchett

Ratchett Delta 3D Studios Designer Accessory Maker

I've been thinking about getting an e-cig to use with some OpenSource Vapor E-juice. Especially since my wife had to go and blow $50 on a bullcrap E-go cig from a vape kiosk in a mall (Despite my protests that she was paying 500x too much for it).

http://opensourcevapor.com/ - check them out, I found them recently when someone suggested them on another thread I posted looking for organic e-juice. Haven't tried anything yet, but it sounds promising. Also note, from what I've heard, it's best to stay away from e-juice flavors which resemble something creamy or dairy - like ice creme flavors, coffee flavors, etc.

In answer to your question - you can use your normal vaporizer like a Solo to vape e-juice. Simply get 100% organic cotton and put a few drops of juice into a tiny ball of organic cotton. Set your solo temperature quite low (just about the lowest temperature used for vaping herb), and start puffing away.

I do this with my Davinci Ascent sometimes and it works great

thejonny2014 and RUDE BOY like this.
  3. thejonny2014

Great thanks so much! Looks like this place has the healthy e liquid :D

That would mean that if I vape this I won't get all those nasty carcinogens, right?

Also, on the site, would I want to buy the "thin" or "thick" liquid?

And what are some actual epens that I could use this with, preferably under $70?

Sorry for all the questions :/

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  4. Ratchett

Ratchett Delta 3D Studios Designer Accessory Maker

Honestly, I think e-juice is still too new of an industry. I don't know how healthy any of these juices are, nor can I say how safe they are over prolonged exposure. We are still the first generation of "e-cig users" - i'm sure some of the artificial flavors will be found to be very unhealthy, just like artificial coloring in food is now banned in many countries, I'm sure the same will happen with some flavors of e-juice.

That said, I don't think there is enough research into this field to establish how healthy organic e-juice may be compared to traditional e-juice. Personally, I think I'll buy an e-cig and some opensource vapor juice for some enjoyment every once in a while - I don't plan to use the juice daily until I've seen some research that shows how healthy it is or is not.

The key is to do your research and determine for yourself how risky it may be to consume. You can take added precautions, but remember - 10 years ago practically nobody was using an e-cig. There is still a lot of unknowns with how these chemicals react to the body when vaporized.

To be honest, I personally would rather vaporizer herb and save the flavored juices for a special occasion (like a party atmosphere where everyone is smoking but you can't vape herb for whatever reason)

thejonny2014 and RUDE BOY like this.
  5. thejonny2014

Good point, I think I'll stick to my herb! Thanks man :)

Ratchett likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors