• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Energy monitors for your AC-powered vaporizer (Kill-A-Watt, Hampton, etc.)

Your Highness

Cannasseur
Yeah mine also fluctuates.

^^ I agree, and really I was just curious to see where the wattage is on my settings. Will be good if we ever run through an inverter on battery power etc to know how much juice is being pulled. It still doesn't change that I will be going by the marks I made with a sharpie.

I have already stopped looking at the kaw...my markings are working just fine.

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
It's the nature of electricity and heating devices (resistive loads). There will always be an increase in resistance with heat, and as such the amperage will increase. That, and the meters tolerance of +/- accepted readings.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
so I am wondering what would cause my numbers to be constantly changing, does the Sub not pull a steady current? My # has been 34.6, 34.2, 34.8, 35.1, 34.7, etc... it just constantly changes on the screen. Is this my wattage reader wigging out or the Sub not pulling a steady draw?

Mine is a Hampton not a KAW, but it flickers at some dial settings and not at others. I didn't think it was anything to worry about.

Tweek

I have the KAW and it cycles like that. Nothing to worry about, as Paka and Smokum have already pointed out. :nod:

Tweek,
Reactions: mvapes

hassan

Connoisseur
The Hampton has no decimal point, so the variance is much less from a visual perspective.

hassan,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Looks pretty cool to me. I'd prefer it ergonomically over the KAW for sure.:nod:

Stu,
Reactions: Tweek

jambandphan03

in flavor country
jambandphan03,
Reactions: Tweek

Tweek

Looks like a great little unit. I have an extra cable, so I can sit my KAW on my desk, next to the sub.

Tweek,

Your Highness

Cannasseur
What do people think about this one? http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-F7C005-Conserve-Insight-Monitor/dp/B003WV5DBU/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1377222685&sr=8-4&keywords=electricity usage monitor I like it because it has a 6 ft cord so you can read it from the table or anywhere.

I ordered one of these and I love it! I wish I had seen this one before getting a KAW. It is so much nicer to look at and very convenient to place where ever you want and it sits nicely on a desktop next to your Sub (now your not tethered to the outlet or have to bend over to look at a power strip). It displays watts right off of the bat...just plug and play . Both the KAW and the Belkin work as intended but I like the aesthetics of the Belkin a lot more. Highly recommended product!

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I know this is really late. But why exactly does the Sublimator need a voltage meter? What is the point of knowing how much energy your unit is using?
It's a way to measure your heat setting. With the old dial like I have, The difference between "too cool to function well" to "perfect temperature" to "hotter than the surface of the sun" is measured in millimeters on the dial, so it helps to get consistent results knowing the correlation between watts being pulled and temperature. It gives us numbers to use as reference points which is handy since there are no numbers on the dial.

:peace:

Stu,

A1FBG

It's a way to measure your heat setting. With the old dial like I have, The difference between "too cool to function well" to "perfect temperature" to "hotter than the surface of the sun" is measured in millimeters on the dial, so it helps to get consistent results knowing the correlation between watts being pulled and temperature. It gives us numbers to use as reference points which is handy since there are no numbers on the dial.

Understand it now. Thanks. But would one of these be pointless on the new control box since it already has the pre set settings on the dial?

A1FBG,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Understand it now. Thanks. But would one of these be pointless on the new control box since it already has the pre set settings on the dial?
I haven't used the new box, but I'm guessing that yes, it would not be necessary with the new units.

Stu,
Top Bottom