Energy monitors for your AC-powered vaporizer (Kill-A-Watt, Hampton, etc.)

satyrday

Got my Kill-A-Watt. This thing rocks.

My approximate Sublimator readings are 25%=2W, 50%=20W, 75%=34W, 100%=53W.

I've been maxing out and then dialing back to about 75% but I don't know if I wait long enough to really lower it adequately, so this time I'm going to set on about 30W and let it heat at that level for about an hour.

satyrday

Elmomuzz is th-th-the man! :spidey:

Edit: I just saw that Amazon is now out of the P4400 - the one I bought for $17. Amazon Marketplace sellers still have it. Must be a run on them! P4460 is available through Amazon (haven't researched the differences).

satyrday,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Got my Kill-A-Watt. This thing rocks.

May I ask which one you settled on?

They offer three different versions for anyone interested. The 4400, basic setup that just displays electricity used, the 4460 that lets you put in your Killowatts per hour rate and calculates how much the device is costing you to run (also has an internal battery to hold data when unplugged), and the 4480, which allows for graphs and the ability to turn the device on and off at certain time intervals.

We still need more videos, :popcorn:. I wanna see some Enrico impressions too, lol.

Tweak,

satyrday

May I ask which one you settled on?

They offer three different versions for anyone interested. The 4400, basic setup that just displays electricity used, the 4460 that lets you put in your Killowatts per hour rate and calculates how much the device is costing you to run (also has an internal battery to hold data when unplugged), and the 4480, which allows for graphs and the ability to turn the device on and off at certain time intervals.

We still need more videos, :popcorn:. I wanna see some Enrico impressions too, lol.
I was probably editing my post while you were writing yours - see above. My P4400 has a battery, but all I care about is the basic wattage used feature.

Correction: It may not have a battery - the Amazon shipping box had a battery hazmat warning but that may have been an error in shipping. Doesn't matter to me.

satyrday,
Reactions: Tweak

satyrday

^In case you didn't see it in the details page, that is the same as mine - a basic P4400.

satyrday,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
I thought the P4480 would have some potential with its on/off feature, but not sure how it would work with the Sub.

"It can also be used to turn household appliances on and off, with seven different combinations for each day of the week and up to 96 programmable on/off settings per day."

^You really want to track how much money that Sub's costing you?! :)

I found my P4460 for just a few $ more on Amazon. Great to use with other appliances.

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
This is the one I gots.........

Did you confirm if 'yours' came with the cord in the illustration ? I did for mine, and in fact 'it does not'.. not that it makes a difference to me, but I just hate that :p

smokum,
Reactions: Tweek

Brayden

the dank one
Basically what im getting out of this is the 4400 will do the exact same thing as a 4460-4480, the breaking point is whether or not you wanna have interval shut offs or know what your spending? is that it?

Brayden,

Tweek

Pretty much...that and mine was only 6 dollars more so I thought "why not?"

Tweek,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Top Bottom