of all new things learned how much has ECS had an impact on your learning?

• None- I just want to get high and my mind sits wandering

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • A Lot- ECS has led me to be more knowledable on all things

Votes: 24 92.3%

• Total voters

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Cannabimimetics- sesquiterpene / terpenophilic primary bio-directional capacity to enhance/modulate secondary monoterpenophilic bio-activity while monoterpene activity is expressing @ the receptor is fascinating stuff man... the main reason I've found for this is molecule stability / evaporation rate and how terpenes bio-mimicry express on tissue ligands...

Really well grown cannabis will have so much sesquiterpene activity that is part of the medicine when using whole plant cannabis...
what extracts are you are using that needs extra terpenes added? I can think of a few "" medical marijuana "" State, oil only programs that added terpenes could help...

Many of the sesquiterpenes are formed during a long cure, yet most products being sold in dispensaries or on the black/grey market are not cured at all. It's interesting how long the resin is traditionally cured in many historic hashish producing regions; often for a year or longer, BEFORE sifting into kif!

C No Ego

Many of the sesquiterpenes are formed during a long cure, yet most products being sold in dispensaries or on the black/grey market are not cured at all. It's interesting how long the resin is traditionally cured in many historic hashish producing regions; often for a year or longer, BEFORE sifting into kif!

Wow! that ammonia really changes things on the molecular level... I still taste sugars too in stems from cured flower when I chew on them... that to me is one of the best examples of what it taste like is to chew on the stem

grokit

well-worn member
This thread along with my recent research has changed my weed habits. I still vape indica flowers, but now supplement with high-cbd tinctures and concentrates. Some of them have quite a bit of thc as well, and I also like charlotte's web for cbd only. Besides my fav cbd strain pennywise (expensive carts), I've been enjoying a locally made shatter from a strain called somango, and will pick up an oral tincture of the same tomorrow. The shatter is 31% thc & 39% cbd and somango is also mostly indica so good night lol.

Cbd is the most healing cannabinoid but thc isn't just for anxiety relief/couchlock, it is actually needed along with cbd to (for example) kill some cancers. I feel that the more cbd I can get into me the better!

:myday:

Last edited:

MegaMan2k

This thread along with my recent research has changed my weed habits. I still vape indica flowers, but now supplement with high-cbd tinctures and concentrates. Some of them have quite a bit of thc as well, and I also like charlotte's web for cbd only. Besides my fav cbd strain pennywise (expensive carts), I've been enjoying a locally made shatter from a strain called somango, and will pick up an oral tincture of the same tomorrow. The shatter is 31% thc & 39% cbd and somango is also mostly indica so good night lol.

Cbd is the most healing cannabinoid but thc isn't just for anxiety relief/couchlock, it is actually needed along with cbd to (for example) kill some cancers. I feel that the more cbd I can get in me the better!

CBD is very good to have in the mix, i Think its unnatrual to only use thc, in recent years cannabis has been bread to only focus on thc , but originally it came with more CBD

However i did hear that inhaling stimulates cb1 receptors while ingesting orally would stiumlate cb2 receptors- (mostly)
Cb2 receptors affects the immune system
So it may be leading you to feel better :D

grokit

well-worn member
CBD is very good to have in the mix, i Think its unnatrual to only use thc, in recent years cannabis has been bread to only focus on thc , but originally it came with more CBD

However i did hear that inhaling stimulates cb1 receptors while ingesting orally would stiumlate cb2 receptors- (mostly)
Interesting. Glad I'm adding the tinctures. I didn't like the taste of the charlotte's web (olive oil) at first, but got used to it. Now I'm wondering what the somango (coconut oil) will taste like, will find out soon :tup:

MegaMan2k

Interesting. Glad I'm adding the tinctures. I didn't like the taste of the charlotte's web (olive oil) at first, but got used to it. Now I'm wondering what the somango (coconut oil) will taste like, will find out soon :tup:

I usually make my own coconut extractions and it’s my current favourite :D
Havnt tried with olive Oil tho, so i wouldnt be able to compare

But i read that coconut is one of the best fats to use when it comes to absorpations rate of the active ingrediens

uncanni

One potential way to balance out your endocannabinoid system is to use certain terpenes cannabinoids polyphenols and dietary cannabinoids in conjunction with each other. Some believe that if the right ratios are determined this could help halt autoimmune, neurodegenerative, and metabolic disease as well as affecting chronic disease gene expression.
I've been getting liquid terpenes to supplement my extract from www.dopedabs.net/discount/dl420
Or on Amazon/eBay if you use the dl420 code they give you free shipping as well.

I purchased some terpenes a while back to add to tincture according to directions, but the taste was overwhelming. I didn't use any more after that.

C No Ego

Cbd is the most healing cannabinoid but thc isn't just for anxiety relief/couchlock, it is actually needed along with cbd to (for example) kill some cancers. I feel that the more cbd I can get into me the better!

ever since researching all this 50 / 50 has seemed to be the best % all around for thc / cbd ratios... just seems natural that way for some reason... because thc and cbd work synergistic of one another adds more viability to that claim as well...

it depends on which compound it is as to where medical efficacy happens when ingested... eating raw cannabis of any varietal will access cb2 receptor as an reverse antagonist and the carboxyl acids ( carbon active) will prevent any direct bio-activity related cannabinoid access..

decarboxylating cannabis will allow access to the cannabinoid receptors. THC will agonize cb1 receptors located in the CNS and CBD will antagonize cb2 receptors located in the immune system...

Eating cannabis ( decarbed THC ) will become delta 11 hydroxy in your liver... delta 11 is a completely different compound than any of the others... Eating decarbed CBD will still only access cb2 receptor capacity as fae as I know so far... CBD could become another compound in the liver like THC delta 9 becomes 11 hydroxy but I do not think it does

Last edited:

MinnBobber

ever since researching all this 50 / 50 has seemed to be the best % all around for thc / cbd ratios... just seems natural that way for some reason... because thc and cbd work synergistic of one another adds more viability to that claim as well...
.................................................................................
There is likely no perfect ratio but my target ratio is probably 5:1 THC : CBD.
It mostly came from seminars where long term medical cannabis providers (treated thousands over the years)
felt that 5:1 typically worked best for attacking cancer. Since cancer is the "big dog" of diseases, that seemed like a
good target for cannabis preventative supplementation.

I'm considering getting some pure CBD and CBD + terps to add a dash to my normal load. Currently, I have some Mango Kush ( 8.5% CBD : 4% THC) where I can add a smidge to a load of "normal" bud---high in THC. ??Gives one a chance to use all that knowledge of algebra and math word problems??? ;)

EDIT: anyone have experience with beeZbeeCBD ?? Their products are all produced using Colorado buds which is a HUGE plus for me!! CBD purity is a big problem, so I want to make sure it doesn't come from imported industrial grade hemp grown at the nuclear waste dump in Russia.....

Last edited:

C No Ego

.................................................................................
There is likely no perfect ratio but my target ratio is probably 5:1 THC : CBD.
It mostly came from seminars where long term medical cannabis providers (treated thousands over the years)
felt that 5:1 typically worked best for attacking cancer. Since cancer is the "big dog" of diseases, that seemed like a
good target for cannabis preventative supplementation.

I'm considering getting some pure CBD and CBD + terps to add a dash to my normal load. Currently, I have some Mango Kush ( 8.5% CBD : 4% THC) where I can add a smidge to a load of "normal" bud---high in THC. ??Gives one a chance to use all that knowledge of algebra and math word problems??? ;)

EDIT: anyone have experience with beeZbeeCBD ?? Their products are all produced using Colorado buds which is a HUGE plus for me!! CBD purity is a big problem, so I want to make sure it doesn't come from imported industrial grade hemp grown at the nuclear waste dump in Russia.....

yeah, thinking more on that 50 /50 may cancel each other out!! LOL... so many different compounds and bio-chemical directions to take with cannabis' complexity :hmm:

MinnBobber

yeah, thinking more on that 50 /50 may cancel each other out!! LOL... so many different compounds and bio-chemical directions to take with cannabis' complexity :hmm:
.........................................................................................................
Yes, I think somewhere in between 50/50 THC/CBD and typical dispensary cannabis with very high THC and very low CBD makes a good all-around wellness supplement.
For me, 5:1 THC:CBD is good target. I don't always do this---oftentimes it's just the normal high THC : low CBD

Note: I wish my new CBD cream also had some THC---maybe 5 CBD : 1 THC?? Love to experiment on that in the future

MinnBobber,
Reactions: C No Ego

C No Ego

What do you think about the THC percentage in modern flowers being allegedly higher than high quality hash of yesteryear?

What in the world was in that hash man... is that the famous Body hash where the natives run naked through the cannabis fields and later rub off the Hash LOFL !! 78% body rub and 23% THC in that hash LOL... joking, but wonder what constituted so much of the medium, maybe just a mix of plant biomass remaining from the processing procedure?

But, cannabis realistically cannot contain more than 30% THC as bio-mass.... cannot really measure thc on the plant though as it is an oxidized version of CBG-a or Olivetolic acid as pre cursor plant derivatives while they are living in expression

more on this plant thingy man
http://cannabisclinicians.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/OACIDinCanada.pdf
Quote from study
"
Δ
-Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and other cannabinoids are re-
sponsible for the psychoactive and medicinal properties of
Cannabis sativa
L. (marijuana). The
first intermediate in the cannabinoid
biosynthetic pathway is proposed to be olivetolic acid (OA), an
alkylresorcinolic acid that forms the polyketide nucleus of the can-
nabinoids. OA has been postulated to be synthesized by a type III
polyketide synthase (PKS) enzyme, but so far type III PKSs from
cannabis have been shown to produce catalytic byproducts in-
stead of OA. We analyzed the transcriptome of glandular tri-chomes from female cannabis
flowers, which are the primary site of cannabinoid biosynthesis, and searched for polyketide cy-
clase-like enzymes that could assist in OA cyclization. Here, we show that a type III PKS (tetraketide synthase) from cannabis tri-chomes requires the presence of a polyketide cyclase enzyme, oli-vetolic acid cyclase (OAC), which catalyzes a C2–C7 intramolecular aldol condensation with carboxylate retention to form OA. OAC is a dimeric
α
+
β
barrel (DABB) protein that is structurally similar to polyketide cyclases from Streptomyces
species.
OAC
transcript is present at high levels in glandular trichomes, an expression profile that parallels other cannabinoid pathway enzymes. Our identication of OAC both clarifies the cannabinoid pathway and demon-strates unexpected evolutionary parallels between polyketide
biosynthesis in plants and bacteria. In addition, the widespread oc-currence of DABB proteins in plants suggests that polyketide cyclases may play an overlooked role in generating plant chemical diversity. "

Last edited:

Mr.Sifter

I am from Europe and here we have legal CBD oils in different concentrations.
I tried the lowest/cheapest version and I think I felt something. A bit calmer and relaxed. Good for my anxiety problems.

The downside I felt this morning.
I was very anxious to leave the house and go out into the streets.
no logical explanation. Felt like my anxiety levels were pretty high compared to yesterday where I was mellow and courageous.
This went to far that it even brought back "stuttering" when anxious. This kills your self-esteem big time.

I thought CBD could be a cure for me.
a bit devastated now :(

Alexis

I tried the lowest/cheapest version and I think I felt something. A bit calmer and relaxed. Good for my anxiety problems.

no logical explanation. Felt like my anxiety levels were pretty high compared to yesterday where I was mellow and courageous.
This went to far that it even brought back "stuttering" when anxious. This kills your self-esteem big time.

It could be a kind of rebalancing, or healing effect. Sometimes there just ain't an easy fix and the only road to healing is a rocky one where you have difficult patches to rude out.

You are, as many of us, naturally conditioned to negative, fearful, pessimistic thinking. So when you step out of that for a moment, maybe with the aid of some cbd, it is going to try and come flooding back the next morning. Its like a habit. Its going to take time to change your mindset. If cbd could help it may be able to do so when you have been taking it for a while. I mean it is unlikely to make a significant difference immediately. Sure you can notice its effects, but it takes bulding up the dose and some time for it to work in the body and the brain to gradually bring about a better balance.

It makes sense anyway, and is in line with everything I read about it when looked into it a few years back. So just try not to fret too much bruv. Keep telling yourself the anxiety is just beong worked out of your system, coming and going out of your control, but in that sense you can just relax about it and trust that it will just do its thing and piss off again.

If it is analagous to physical healing crisis, then it will come on bursts randomly. Always very intense tp begin, then becoming less frequent, milder, shorter.

Cbd is also powerfully healing, cleansing on the physical level too, so you could suffer anxiety as a detox or just balancing effect. Go gentle with it and build up. Maintain positive thoughts looking forward. Even if you are tricking yourself, having that fairy tale mentality of knowing (by pretending to start) that things are going to get better, easier, clearer, happier etc.

And in the meantime just tell yourself to relax. Take only one day at a time. Free all guilt. Be thankful, very important this.

You know in very many ways, happiness is all about perspective. We can achieve it by changing our perspective in any (well maybe most) situations.

Stay strong bruv, keep riding it out. Hold hope and focus on simply enjoying today.:)

Squiby

It still might be. Have you tried any calming suppliments along with the CBD?

Magnesium is a very calming mineral and estimates suggest that 80% of the population is deficient. If you're not eating a lot of organic leafy green veggies like arugula, kale, chard, collard greens etc. you are probably deficient in magnesium.

The B vitamin complex is famous for its stress relieving effects, particularly vitamin B12.

Both of these nutrients are very safe and may be helpful in reducing anxiety along with small doses of high CBD.

Last edited:

MinnBobber

Are you sure about the purity of the CBD oil? Many CBD oils come from industrial grade hemp which is full of pesticides/fertilizers/heavy metals from soil, etc.
I just recently got into CBD AFTER finding a CBD company that uses only Colorado specially grown hemp as I was very confident in the purity.

You may want to focus on finding such a pure product and try again---although the good CBD might cost a little more.

FYI--CBD pain cream has worked wonders on my foot pain from plantar fasciitas.
Don't give up on it yet

uncanni

Mr. Sifter, I added CBD to my high THC tinctures and I mix CBD strains with other strains. I am convinced after five months of experimentation that CBD has to be combined with other cannabinoids and terpenes. I've had an amazing elimination of anxiety by combining. PM me if you wish to know more.

Mr.Sifter

thank you very much for this warming words.
felt good to read them.
just got back from the gym.
starting an old habit .. again... maybe... killing some time

I got this stuff here:
https://www.enecta.com/products/3-cbd-oil-1
I take 6-7 drops in the morning and another 5-6 in the afternoon.

what do you think of it ?

Last edited:
Mr.Sifter,
Reactions: Alexis

asdf420

got Sour Tsunami flower, outdoor grown without pesticides, 1:20 ratio

edit: just wrote that i dont think it does anything but i just hit it, that's bs it definitely does something. Calm feeling, but I am left spacey and not motivated to speak? seems like good stuff. barely mj legally
Earlier on, I often ruminated more on 1:1 sour tsunami (it got me a lot higher as well). There was one time on a small amount of indica where I found myself talking more fluidly, but most of the time mj actually seems to increase my social anxiety?
And I crave mj, but the highs aren't even enjoyable if i've been using it every day.

I guess this sort of high CBD stuff may help soothe anxiety somewhat if I take it continuously, but I'm not sure if it's worth it. Also sucks that it's very difficult to have access to the same stuff continuously, they'll run out of this batch/strain pretty soon..

Last edited:

Mr.Sifter

I have to admit. I, too, think that MJ increases my social anxiety.
Thats a bad thing because on the other side it lets people see more of my personality and sometimes an image of myself that I like more than my sober-me.

Have some experience with 1:1 strains.
thats enough for me but I didnt find a sativa that sparks me up like a kalichakra.
generally I can say that I get out of the way of highhighhigh potent strains.

Mr.Sifter,

C No Ego

CBD does seem to be more the down regulating molecule ( Anandamide inhibitor). Any CBD formula with a touch of THC will make a balanced more over all active combo for greater access in your ECS. And or just supplement your cbd doses with vaporized low dose thc... accessing ECS through vapor will be different even taking THC in oil form... look into Beta caryophyllene BCP to access your receptors ( cb2 ) " Beta caryophyllene is a dietary canabinoid"
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2449371/
https://www.leafscience.com/2013/11...etary-cannabinoid-make-synthetics-irrelevant/

cannabimimetic effects of BCP = increased activity @cb1 ( anandamide inhibitor) in the CNS while increasing THC' metabolism ( immediate activity ) through what I term reverse cb2 agonist..
how BCP influences CBD = ?? not sure really but if anyone has ever had a lavender cannabis strain with CBD bred the effedcts would be CBD + BCP ....

a few notes to ECS and mainstream here...
lipids
http://www.els.net/WileyCDA/ElsArticle/refId-a0000711.html
acting on these membranes
http://www.els.net/WileyCDA/ElsArticle/refId-a0001391.html
this is what cbd is helping maintain- lipid rafts ( floating on an oasis!)
http://www.els.net/WileyCDA/ElsArticle/refId-a0023405.html

Diet and ECS and Omega ( EFAs)

Resolving Inflammation by using Nutrition Therapy: Roles for Specialized Pro-Resolving Mediators
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5884427/

Pro-Resolving lipid mediators and Mechanisms in the resolution of acute inflammation
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4004957/

more later Peace out

C No Ego

Long Time No Post...

Back with a few newer 2018 ECS articles of interest
Metabolism of the Endocannabinoid Anandamide: Open Questions after 25 Years
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5447297/
( this article ^ explains the role of sugar in ECS too)

Anti‐tumoural actions of cannabinoids, Abstract
https://bpspubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/bph.14426
http://www.thctotalhealthcare.com/anti-tumoural-actions-of-cannabinoids/

older study-
Non-psychotropic plant cannabinoids:new therapeutic opportunities from an ancient herb
https://cannabisclinicians.org/pdf/...noids_Therapeutic_Opportunities_TIPS_2009.pdf

I guess by now I have a better grasp on the ECS than I ever have.

the most simple explanation- ECS is our cellular metabolism buffer to foods we eat and ECS is the medium from which our ingested fats become biological signalling that occurs to maintain homeostasis.
Every fat we eat will be enzymatic activated to metabolize somewhere..

The amount of High functioning fatty acids ( HUFAs) ( PUFAs ) we contain in our bodies @ any given moment determines our ECS tone and how well ECS can signal when needed. our system is/ gets depleted when we do not even eat omega three for example every now and then...

Because ECS is a fat organization system ( enzymatic catabolism of intracellular proteins and ligands) focusing on correct fat to consume is ideal for ECS to function. When we vape or consume cannabis the actives in cannabis will activate or down regulate the ECS by modulating the enzymes and catalysts that drive ECS tone and signalling...

If anyone has any research to present plaes fell free to do so and talk about it ETC... Have a great Existence!@

C No Ego

a few more ECS articles
Is lipid signaling through cannabinoid 2 receptors part of a protective system?
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3062638/#R64

Fatty Acid-binding Proteins (FABPs) Are Intracellular Carriers for Δ9-Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and Cannabidiol (CBD)*
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4423662/

Cannabinoids as novel anti-inflammatory drugs
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2828614/

Appraising the "entourage effect": Antitumor action of a pure cannabinoid versus a botanical drug preparation in preclinical models of breast cancer.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29940172
This linked abstract ^ shows how better an entourage of cannabinoids is better than single cannabinoid therapy

https://patents.google.com/patent/US20130059018

Multiple Functions of Endocannabinoid Signaling in the Brain

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4273654/#S7title

Cannabis, a complex plant: different compounds and different effects on individuals

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3736954/

Plastic and Neuroprotective Mechanisms Involved in the Therapeutic Effects of Cannabidiol in Psychiatric Disorders

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5441138/

C No Ego

Top Bottom