1. Interested in a popular vape? Short on time? Be sure to check out the Best Of threads for Plug-Ins and Portables.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Enail controller ?'s(design,quality,function,etc..)

Discussion in 'Ask FC' started by YabbaDABBAdo, Jan 7, 2017.

1. YabbaDABBAdo

YabbaDABBAdo New Member

Hello fellow FC/Dabbers members have some questions on different E-nail controllers. I am in the market for my first enail controller and I'm having trouble finding out some of the questions I'm looking to get answered on purchasing a controller and coils, I already know the nail is the most important factor in a enail set up and I have the d-nail slim series already with a sic carb halo ( purchased a high 5 and the coil was messed up along with the unit and was lucky enough after weeks of inquiries and got a refund, kept the nail tho).

I have a decent budget for the controller and coils. Just don't understand the different construction,features, ease of use, steady temp,

So my questions come into play with the controller design, functions, quality, compatibility of coil with halo nail and liger banger ( the fitment or coil), I would like to just switch out coils and have 2 different set ups

Also the difference in designs, fuses, ssr?, features

If anyone can point me in the right way to understand what to look for and what controller would be he best for the dnail and liger set ups

Thanks in advance sorry for the long post just confused and not trying to ge ripped off

2. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Personally, as a first (and perhaps last) controller/coil I would strongly recommend the Auber RDK-200 or RDK-300. They are from an American instrument company in GA (they may be made elsewhere...dunno...but these guys are local, responsive, and actually appear to be a tech company with associated documentation, etc and not just a stoner supply company). Their controllers are spot on.

http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=484

If you want to spend a LOT more for a first enail, look at D-nail and Errlectric but I don't believe you will find any enhancements in this units over the Auber that you would really find needed or useful.

Just IMO.

lazylathe and YabbaDABBAdo like this.
  3. YabbaDABBAdo

YabbaDABBAdo New Member

that's what I was looking at I have found that the arber seems to be a great controller very popular and recommended and for the price I cannot pass it up for an option my main concern is will the coils fit the slim series halo and linger banger i own the halo sic carb and will the flat coil that arber has fit the dnail halo and same with the linger i plan on getting?same with 20mm coil too

i have used errletric great controller shitty nails and have used a dnail a few times and no considerable differences from other i have used except for some junk chinese ones where temps were off 45-50*f just sitting there (chinese were friends and really dissaponted with them) errletric i got to use while a friend was on vaca was great just hate the nail options and no experience with rewiring

i know i want a quality unit since i will be using all-day and is the warranty with the controllers a gimmick? or do they stand by their products

also which arber is the better unit?

4. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

I have no idea about warranty response as mine has never needed any service.

As for coil fitting, I'm assuming that we are talking circular and not flat coils? If so, they are all slightly different in fit and a little gentle work with pliers and screwdriver to spread the coils and make it fit tight against your nail is very easy to do. Really, no matter whose coils you use, I think you need to be willing to do this as a good tight fit is essential to good heat transfer.

Cheers

5. YabbaDABBAdo

YabbaDABBAdo New Member

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors