Gear Enail choices...

vbeazy

Thanks for clarifying. I don't think the two D-Nails recommended with the Sapphire are compatible with a flat or 16mm coil, so for me they're a no go. I'll skip the Sapphire Insert altogether. SiC and Quartz are more than enough!

vbeazy,

herbivore21

Thanks for clarifying. I don't think the two D-Nails recommended with the Sapphire are compatible with a flat or 16mm coil, so for me they're a no go. I'll skip the Sapphire Insert altogether. SiC and Quartz are more than enough!
The v1 flat is a flat coil nail, but sadly this is not available on the d-nail site atm for some reason. The 1.4 will require a 20mm coil. I do recommend avoiding the sapphire insert on the halos personally, I find them better on the above titanium nails and never use them on any halo.

herbivore21,

damm

Dont go that route. Use a flat coil.

The point of not using the flat coil Halo is that you have room to dab on; so your dabs won't run off the surface and down the sides or nail.

You don't get much when that happens

damm,

PoopMachine

The point of not using the flat coil Halo is that you have room to dab on; so your dabs won't run off the surface and down the sides or nail.

You don't get much when that happens

Maybe Im missing something but how does a coil underneath the dish cause that?

The HE barrel coil adapter kind of sucks.

PoopMachine,

herbivore21

Maybe Im missing something but how does a coil underneath the dish cause that?

The HE barrel coil adapter kind of sucks.
Let me help here. What @damm is saying is that the 1.4 is one of the absolute best ways to use a sapphire insert from d-nail because it places the sapphire above the titanium floor and walls of the titanium dish. This means that your dab doesn't run over the sides of the sapphire insert and vaporize on the titanium so much. This greatly improves flavor. In this design, I am confident that even with the barrel coil, you'll get enough heat into the sapphire. You'll also have less chance of accidentally dabbing on titanium with this setup than any other kind of dish when used with a sapphire insert.

I actually think that a barrel coil could be more efficient in getting the heat up into the sapphire sitting atop the 1.4 dish (which is not called a chicago deep dish lol, my mistake) than a flat coil, since the flat coil is applying heat to a much lower point of the titanium dish. However, I am sure a hypothetical flat coil design would still be able to work well.

herbivore21,

PoopMachine

Let me help here. What @damm is saying is that the 1.4 is one of the absolute best ways to use a sapphire insert from d-nail because it places the sapphire above the titanium floor and walls of the titanium dish. This means that your dab doesn't run over the sides of the sapphire insert and vaporize on the titanium so much. This greatly improves flavor. In this design, I am confident that even with the barrel coil, you'll get enough heat into the sapphire. You'll also have less chance of accidentally dabbing on titanium with this setup than any other kind of dish when used with a sapphire insert.

I actually think that a barrel coil could be more efficient in getting the heat up into the sapphire sitting atop the 1.4 dish (which is not called a chicago deep dish lol, my mistake) than a flat coil, since the flat coil is applying heat to a much lower point of the titanium dish. However, I am sure a hypothetical flat coil design would still be able to work well.

That makes sense. The sapphire part is what I was missing.

vbeazy

I believe these are the two dishes being recommended in case there's confusion. The high sidewalls should help prevent over spill, and keep the concentrates on the sapphire (rather than the titanium where you'll lose flavor).

V1 Flat
http://www.d-nail.com/d-nail-v1-flat-titanium-nail

V1.4 Chicago
http://www.d-nail.com/nails/ti/v1-4-titanium-dish

The V1 Flat would work for me if they restock! I couldn't find this item on the website (had to use Google). Forgive my last post, this one is obviously compatible with a flat coil.

Last edited:

Halfqq

Formerly Highland7
6fxljr.jpg

Do you all think this would work with an electrical coil (auber maybe)

Halfqq,

matthend

i dont think there is anywhere for a coil on this nail. I think your best bet on a budget would be a quartz banger and 20mm coil

matthend,

Halfqq

Formerly Highland7
One more question ... with the auber universal nail ... could u put the SiC dish or quartz dish on it? Like unscrew the titanium top piece that you dab off of ../ and use the dnail SiC dish or any other quartz dish instead

Halfqq,

CaliWorthington

Edited post. I was going to get a Gimido e-nail with D-Nail SIC Halo, but now I see that High5 LCD uses the Omron PID too. High5 with their SIC Hybrid Nail is over $100 cheaper than Gimido with SIC Halo, so I think I'm going with the High5 now.

Dab on!

Last edited:

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
Hm
Well if Greenlight is garbage, what do you recommend for an enail under 150 usd ?
Curious to know people's experiences.

DJ Colonel Corn,

Eatrocks

Hm
Well if Greenlight is garbage, what do you recommend for an enail under 150 usd ?
Curious to know people's experiences.

I'd get the cloud v electro. eBay usually has em new for 150 ish. Those small screw on 510 nails have a thin cheap ceramic element.

Eatrocks,

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I've only ever tried the cheap enails off dhgate but they've worked great for me so far. It works perfectly with my $12 tag sic dish. The nail that came with it leaked air though so I just got a nail with the sic dish from tag. I also got their universal carb cap with vortex airflow or whatever, the dhgate one was a little too small for it.

Maybe someday I'll try a more expensive pid/controller and be blown away, but the dhgate enail pretty much does that already.

StormyPinkness,
Reactions: grokit

matthend

OP here, I still have not yet convinced myself to move on from my 710whip, which has been my daily driver for >2 years. It isnt a glob dropping machine in any way shape or form, but the simplicity and ease of use cant be beat for less than a hundo all in.

Eatrocks

I've only ever tried the cheap enails off dhgate but they've worked great for me so far. It works perfectly with my $12 tag sic dish. The nail that came with it leaked air though so I just got a nail with the sic dish from tag. I also got their universal carb cap with vortex airflow or whatever, the dhgate one was a little too small for it.

Maybe someday I'll try a more expensive pid/controller and be blown away, but the dhgate enail pretty much does that already.

How do u like the tag sic? I got the sic torch nail/base from dnail. Didn't like The ultra narrow tray and looked pretty thin...but that's not so bad, my dish takes a while to heat up and cools quick so I usually hit globs hot but there's still some amount that didn't vape left

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
How do u like the tag sic? I got the sic torch nail/base from dnail. Didn't like The ultra narrow tray and looked pretty thin...but that's not so bad, my dish takes a while to heat up and cools quick so I usually hit globs hot but there's still some amount that didn't vape left
I really like it it, flavor is great and the heating seems pretty consistent. I haven't done a side-by-side against a d-nail one, but the flavor seemed pretty similar. Maybe a little better in the d-nail... but that could just be in my head. Great deal for $12, I'd love for them to make a shorter wider version though.

Speaking of shorter and wider the d-nail version is which makes it way easier to slide the dab along the bottom to try and spread it out. Even if you just drop it in there's more room period which is nicer. Also maybe I'm crazy, but it seems easier to clean. They do talk about how they have a wicking surface, maybe that makes the difference.

I like the d-nail sic better, but I'd recommend tag over d-nail unless you're really into dabbing and the extra $70 won't bother you. Tag is especially great when your just starting and want to try stuff on the cheap. I'd love to do a side-by-side dab sometime to test flavor though.

I posted these in the cheap enail thread, the tag one is a little tall and narrow:
IMG_20170614_082200.jpg

IMG_20170614_082134.jpg

StormyPinkness,

Eatrocks

I really like it it, flavor is great and the heating seems pretty consistent. I haven't done a side-by-side against a d-nail one, but the flavor seemed pretty similar. Maybe a little better in the d-nail... but that could just be in my head. Great deal for $12, I'd love for them to make a shorter wider version though.

Speaking of shorter and wider the d-nail version is which makes it way easier to slide the dab along the bottom to try and spread it out. Even if you just drop it in there's more room period which is nicer. Also maybe I'm crazy, but it seems easier to clean. They do talk about how they have a wicking surface, maybe that makes the difference.

I like the d-nail sic better, but I'd recommend tag over d-nail unless you're really into dabbing and the extra $70 won't bother you. Tag is especially great when your just starting and want to try stuff on the cheap. I'd love to do a side-by-side dab sometime to test flavor though.

I posted these in the cheap enail thread, the tag one is a little tall and narrow:
IMG_20170614_082200.jpg

IMG_20170614_082134.jpg

Thanks for the pics, it don't look too thin or narrow, dont think I'd have a prob hitting a dabber in the dish part. From the tag website pics it looked like a quartz domeless nail that I got but wound up being unusable due to SUCH a narrow 'dish' area

But ye, already got the dnail torch sic, love how forgiving the hits are if you like hot dabs. Only beef with it is the hive base wiggles a lil no matter what piece/joint it's on..resulting in a tiny bit of airflow loss. But as I've said before, my standard TI 18mm dabber fits great on the torch sic insert.

After a few weeks on the sic I put the old banger back on to see the difference...wow. yes there is a huge difference lol.

Top Bottom