1. Interested in a popular vape? Short on time? Be sure to check out the Best Of threads for Plug-Ins and Portables.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Gear Enail choices...

Discussion in 'Concentrates' started by matthend, Jan 9, 2015.

1. herbivore21

herbivore21 Well-Known Member

Flat coil is what you want for the SiC halo and the Liger with SiC. Honestly, if you are buying SiC, get the d-nail man. SiC conducts incredibly well, it will get the heat into whatever dab you can throw at it. I own both the Liger (with SiC and Sapphire) and all of the D-nail halos. I can tell you from experience that the halos heat more efficiently, get the dab boiled quicker and taste the same. They also cost a lot less (over $100 less than the liger for the equivalent setup!) and have much better carb caps and dabbers (their fork dabber is the best on the market IME and I've owned all of the screw-ins titanium dabber handles that you can imagine). They also do not move around when you are qtipping like the Liger inserts (UGH!!!).

If you think you'll be predominately dabbing full melt, you might consider the 30mm liger but by the same token, if you're predominately dabbing full melt - buy the sapphire and be done with it. Sapphire is simply not expensive compared to the value of full melt :lol:

Torch is the best way to clean SiC but keep in mind that the Liger SiC is an insert and you will need some surface you can rest it on to torch it clean. For the d-nail, you can simply take the coil off, put the SiC halo on the base without the coil and torch it til it looks new :) The liger has considerably more titanium vapor path before you vapor gets into your rig. This should be considered as the reclaim buildup in the titanium parts is definitely more with the Liger IME than the d-nail. That main arm that connects to the bucket gets filthy with a day or two of moderate usage!

@nosmoking man I said the same shit as Sam above (except about the dab hitting the nut, yikes!)! The size difference between the SiC halo and TAG knock-off is very evident looking at the pictures. ;) The TAG knock-off to me looks more comparable to an infiniti 'large' dish (@SamuraiSam could confirm this I'm sure), which was woefully inadequate for even moderate sized dabbing when I used it! Fuck the INFINITI by the way lol Most insanely overpriced nail I ever bought!

What Sam says about the d-nail products being more dialled is the truth. Those guys have put in the hard engineering yards and the other vendors simply have not done comparable design and QC work with their nails. I have dealt with all of the expensive nail vendors and d-nails service and design is several cuts above! The carb caps, the dabbers, the bases all are easier to assemble and function better than my Ligers. This is not unremarkable as the d-nail is substantially cheaper than the liger equivalent, not to mention the halos came out first too! But I'm sure you get the picture now after Sam's and my own post above and my reiterations here. ;)

2. Tomfool86

Tomfool86 Member

Well then I'll be ordering the dnail sic halo. Sounds like it's exactly what I'm looking for. What sealed the deal for me was the price of the sapphire inserts compared to the liger setup. Thanks guys. Helpful as always.

damm and shredder like this.
  3. Bad Ocelot

Bad Ocelot Well-Known Member

I've got the Divine Tribe enail & am quite happy with it. I am currently alternating between a swivel top carb cap & an extra thick banger. PID controller, coil, nails, & dabber was <$150 shipped. Hard to beat. Wanna try some SiC, so may pick up the TAG version to test it out before getting a nicer one.

I have been thinking about getting a Liger, but after reading through this thread definitely leaning more towards dnail products. Thanks for the reviews!

shredder likes this.
  4. nosmoking

nosmoking Fogmonger

Sam did have plenty to add to what you said so I wouldn't say it was the same shit. Sam was also speaking from experience when speaking about the TAG nail while you were not as far as I recall. I honestly thought that the diameter of the TAG nail and the SiC Halo were both about the same. The TAG nail is 25mm OD but from the experience of Sam I can deduce that the SiC halo must be more than 25mm OD. This difference in floor space on the nail has me intrigued as well as the directional flow provided by the carb cap and the wicking surface and all the other details that make the D-Nail SiC Halo seem more "dialed in" than other setups. I am betting this is much better than my cheap DIY setup and may be a big enough difference to justify the cost. Sam didn't get me to this point alone...I give you and many others on this forum credit as well as time.

Now that I am ready to make the jump. Is there only one place to buy D-Nail products (direct)? Is there any discount codes that anyone knows of? Does D-Nail do anything special for 4/20? If so, I can wait for a better deal if I should.

Why does it matter that the dab hit the floor and not the walls? I am not really asking whether it matters as you mentioning this must mean it does matter, I just want to understand the why.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  5. herbivore21

What Sam is highlighting AFAIK by the dab hitting both walls is that the moat of the dish is not even wide enough to let a moderate dab drop in without hitting the sides. It is a comparison to illustrate comparative surface area in the respective dishes. ;)

I believe bubbleman had a 10% discount code for d-nail, I don't know if it still works anymore: STAYMELTY was his code.

I have also heard that they give discount codes of 10% if you ask them on FB lol - d-nails service has always been wonderful IME, especially warranty replacements. Those guys go above and beyond to make things right if something goes wrong.

Man what I was saying above is that there was nothing that Sam had said above that I have not said on FC and despite his experience with the TAG dish, what I was saying is that the difference in size between that and the d-nail is obvious on the face of it, at least to folks like myself with an eye for these things (which is also why I'm in my line of work in the first place lol). Still, no harm, no foul, glad that my bro Sam was able to assist us by providing that last comparison to get you over the line :)

shredder and SamuraiSam like this.
  6. SamuraiSam

SamuraiSam Well-Known Member

To be fair... they were pretty big dabs.... But, I agree with everything else you said completely. :)

Think about this this way @herbivore21 When I was planning on going in another direction, you convinced me to pick up the D-Nail gear. So, every person I point towards D nail is only becauses you pointed me towards them. The cascade effect.. :)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    shredder and herbivore21 like this.
  7. herbivore21

lol it's the circle of dabbing life :D

SamuraiSam and shredder like this.
  8. damm

damm Active Member

I picked up a Flat Coil Extended Life from D-Nail when I ordered a controller awhile back (that I didn't get). It's really well designed compared to my Auber's flat coil. Not really trying to nock on the Auber as it's a great price / quality.

Everything they make is generally top notch; I really can't go for a controller box of theirs (likely ever). So I guess I just should wire up this flat coil to my Auber

But I was thinking about saving it for a Halo; small dabs are are still kicking my butt... i waste a bit if i'm not careful :(

Not rich so it counts

9. psychonaut

psychonaut Medcreational Member

dhgate controller and dhgate flat coil with d-nail sic halo, dnail slim base and d-nail carb cap with fork dabber. Works like a dream. I'd have bought a dnail controller if not for the price. This dhgate controller and coil is holding up quite well!

SamuraiSam and Hogni like this.
  10. RollTheCar

RollTheCar Well-Known Member

Would you mind linking the dhgate controller/coil? I've been debating if I should go full china or get a dnail sic halo + slim base like you. Thanks!

11. psychonaut

psychonaut Medcreational Member

MinnBobber likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors