• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Gear Enail choices...

herbivore21

Thanks for the quick replies guys. I am pretty sure I'll upgrade to the dnail or liger eventually, but was going to try to find a cheaper option in the short term. I'll check out the 3 you posted. I've heard of tag but not the other 2.

Thank you for the detailed response. Clears alot of thing up I'd been wondering about. Is a flat coil what I want for use with the sic dishes? I plan on moving to full melt hash and rosin within the year, so maybe I'll end up skipping the small nails and just go with the liger. Won't really be using a torch much other than cleaning. (As long as that's ok with sic, new to sic )
Flat coil is what you want for the SiC halo and the Liger with SiC. Honestly, if you are buying SiC, get the d-nail man. SiC conducts incredibly well, it will get the heat into whatever dab you can throw at it. I own both the Liger (with SiC and Sapphire) and all of the D-nail halos. I can tell you from experience that the halos heat more efficiently, get the dab boiled quicker and taste the same. They also cost a lot less (over $100 less than the liger for the equivalent setup!) and have much better carb caps and dabbers (their fork dabber is the best on the market IME and I've owned all of the screw-ins titanium dabber handles that you can imagine). They also do not move around when you are qtipping like the Liger inserts (UGH!!!).

If you think you'll be predominately dabbing full melt, you might consider the 30mm liger but by the same token, if you're predominately dabbing full melt - buy the sapphire and be done with it. Sapphire is simply not expensive compared to the value of full melt :lol:

Torch is the best way to clean SiC but keep in mind that the Liger SiC is an insert and you will need some surface you can rest it on to torch it clean. For the d-nail, you can simply take the coil off, put the SiC halo on the base without the coil and torch it til it looks new :) The liger has considerably more titanium vapor path before you vapor gets into your rig. This should be considered as the reclaim buildup in the titanium parts is definitely more with the Liger IME than the d-nail. That main arm that connects to the bucket gets filthy with a day or two of moderate usage!

@nosmoking man I said the same shit as Sam above (except about the dab hitting the nut, yikes!)! The size difference between the SiC halo and TAG knock-off is very evident looking at the pictures. ;) The TAG knock-off to me looks more comparable to an infiniti 'large' dish (@SamuraiSam could confirm this I'm sure), which was woefully inadequate for even moderate sized dabbing when I used it! Fuck the INFINITI by the way lol Most insanely overpriced nail I ever bought!

What Sam says about the d-nail products being more dialled is the truth. Those guys have put in the hard engineering yards and the other vendors simply have not done comparable design and QC work with their nails. I have dealt with all of the expensive nail vendors and d-nails service and design is several cuts above! The carb caps, the dabbers, the bases all are easier to assemble and function better than my Ligers. This is not unremarkable as the d-nail is substantially cheaper than the liger equivalent, not to mention the halos came out first too! But I'm sure you get the picture now after Sam's and my own post above and my reiterations here. ;)

Tomfool86

Well then I'll be ordering the dnail sic halo. Sounds like it's exactly what I'm looking for. What sealed the deal for me was the price of the sapphire inserts compared to the liger setup. Thanks guys. Helpful as always.

Bad Ocelot

I've got the Divine Tribe enail & am quite happy with it. I am currently alternating between a swivel top carb cap & an extra thick banger. PID controller, coil, nails, & dabber was <$150 shipped. Hard to beat. Wanna try some SiC, so may pick up the TAG version to test it out before getting a nicer one.

I have been thinking about getting a Liger, but after reading through this thread definitely leaning more towards dnail products. Thanks for the reviews!

Bad Ocelot,
Reactions: shredder

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
@nosmoking man I said the same shit as Sam above (except about the dab hitting the nut, yikes!)! The size difference between the SiC halo and TAG knock-off is very evident looking at the pictures. ;) The TAG knock-off to me looks more comparable to an infiniti 'large' dish (@SamuraiSam could confirm this I'm sure), which was woefully inadequate for even moderate sized dabbing when I used it! Fuck the INFINITI by the way lol Most insanely overpriced nail I ever bought!

What Sam says about the d-nail products being more dialled is the truth. Those guys have put in the hard engineering yards and the other vendors simply have not done comparable design and QC work with their nails. I have dealt with all of the expensive nail vendors and d-nails service and design is several cuts above! The carb caps, the dabbers, the bases all are easier to assemble and function better than my Ligers. This is not unremarkable as the d-nail is substantially cheaper than the liger equivalent, not to mention the halos came out first too! But I'm sure you get the picture now after Sam's and my own post above and my reiterations here. ;)
Sam did have plenty to add to what you said so I wouldn't say it was the same shit. Sam was also speaking from experience when speaking about the TAG nail while you were not as far as I recall. I honestly thought that the diameter of the TAG nail and the SiC Halo were both about the same. The TAG nail is 25mm OD but from the experience of Sam I can deduce that the SiC halo must be more than 25mm OD. This difference in floor space on the nail has me intrigued as well as the directional flow provided by the carb cap and the wicking surface and all the other details that make the D-Nail SiC Halo seem more "dialed in" than other setups. I am betting this is much better than my cheap DIY setup and may be a big enough difference to justify the cost. Sam didn't get me to this point alone...I give you and many others on this forum credit as well as time.

Now that I am ready to make the jump. Is there only one place to buy D-Nail products (direct)? Is there any discount codes that anyone knows of? Does D-Nail do anything special for 4/20? If so, I can wait for a better deal if I should.

Most of the time when my homie rolled up shatter balls to stick on the dabber and dab, the dab would hit both walls on the way in or the Nut which is more intrusive on the TAG design), and often, some oil would be lost going inside the nut or outside of the dish.

This simply does not EVER occur on the D-nail dish because its shape is more optimized; it is shorter, and wider, and has a much larger area to dab into without wasting your dab with oil "missed".
Why does it matter that the dab hit the floor and not the walls? I am not really asking whether it matters as you mentioning this must mean it does matter, I just want to understand the why.

Last edited:
nosmoking,

herbivore21

Sam did have plenty to add to what you said so I wouldn't say it was the same shit. Sam was also speaking from experience when speaking about the TAG nail while you were not as far as I recall. I honestly thought that the diameter of the TAG nail and the SiC Halo were both about the same. The TAG nail is 25mm OD but from the experience of Sam I can deduce that the SiC halo must be more than 25mm OD. This difference in floor space on the nail has me intrigued as well as the directional flow provided by the carb cap and the wicking surface and all the other details that make the D-Nail SiC Halo seem more "dialed in" than other setups. I am betting this is much better than my cheap DIY setup and may be a big enough difference to justify the cost. Sam didn't get me to this point alone...I give you and many others on this forum credit as well as time.

Now that I am ready to make the jump. Is there only one place to buy D-Nail products (direct)? Is there any discount codes that anyone knows of? Does D-Nail do anything special for 4/20? If so, I can wait for a better deal if I should.

Why does it matter that the dab hit the floor and not the walls? I am not really asking whether it matters as you mentioning this must mean it does matter, I just want to understand the why.
What Sam is highlighting AFAIK by the dab hitting both walls is that the moat of the dish is not even wide enough to let a moderate dab drop in without hitting the sides. It is a comparison to illustrate comparative surface area in the respective dishes. ;)

I believe bubbleman had a 10% discount code for d-nail, I don't know if it still works anymore: STAYMELTY was his code.

I have also heard that they give discount codes of 10% if you ask them on FB lol - d-nails service has always been wonderful IME, especially warranty replacements. Those guys go above and beyond to make things right if something goes wrong.

Man what I was saying above is that there was nothing that Sam had said above that I have not said on FC and despite his experience with the TAG dish, what I was saying is that the difference in size between that and the d-nail is obvious on the face of it, at least to folks like myself with an eye for these things (which is also why I'm in my line of work in the first place lol). Still, no harm, no foul, glad that my bro Sam was able to assist us by providing that last comparison to get you over the line :)

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
To be fair... they were pretty big dabs.... But, I agree with everything else you said completely. :)

Think about this this way @herbivore21 When I was planning on going in another direction, you convinced me to pick up the D-Nail gear. So, every person I point towards D nail is only becauses you pointed me towards them. The cascade effect.. :)

Last edited:

herbivore21

To be fair... they were pretty big dabs.... But, I agree with everything else you said completely.

Think about this this way @herbivore21 While I was planning on going in another direction, you convinced me to pick up the D-Nail gear. So, every person I point towards D nail is only becauses you pointed me towards them. The cascade effect.. :)
lol it's the circle of dabbing life :D

damm

To be fair... they were pretty big dabs.... But, I agree with everything else you said completely. :)

Think about this this way @herbivore21 When I was planning on going in another direction, you convinced me to pick up the D-Nail gear. So, every person I point towards D nail is only becauses you pointed me towards them. The cascade effect.. :)
I picked up a Flat Coil Extended Life from D-Nail when I ordered a controller awhile back (that I didn't get). It's really well designed compared to my Auber's flat coil. Not really trying to nock on the Auber as it's a great price / quality.

Everything they make is generally top notch; I really can't go for a controller box of theirs (likely ever). So I guess I just should wire up this flat coil to my Auber

But I was thinking about saving it for a Halo; small dabs are are still kicking my butt... i waste a bit if i'm not careful :(

Not rich so it counts

damm,
Reactions: Morty

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
dhgate controller and dhgate flat coil with d-nail sic halo, dnail slim base and d-nail carb cap with fork dabber. Works like a dream. I'd have bought a dnail controller if not for the price. This dhgate controller and coil is holding up quite well!

RollTheCar

dhgate controller and dhgate flat coil with d-nail sic halo, dnail slim base and d-nail carb cap with fork dabber. Works like a dream. I'd have bought a dnail controller if not for the price. This dhgate controller and coil is holding up quite well!
Would you mind linking the dhgate controller/coil? I've been debating if I should go full china or get a dnail sic halo + slim base like you. Thanks!

RollTheCar,

vbeazy

I'd like to purchase an eNail this summer, but it's all a bit overwhelming. If quality is my most important requirement, which direction should?

I see many options, including:

Errlectric (w/ Infinity coil)
Divine Tribe
High5 Basic
Mini Nail
Gimido Elite

Open to any others! Compatible with 18mm male and female glass, I'd prefer only one nail but will consider two. I definitely want a carb cap and I assume my preference is for the 16-20mm coil with a titanium nail and optional quartz insert. At the same time a tightly set single coil also sounds nice.

Something I like about the Errlectric is the optional dry herb nail, but it's way too expensive ($300 USD). The herb bowl is only available in 14mm, requiring an adapter if you use 18mm. Do any other nails work with dry herb as well?

vbeazy,
Reactions: Morty

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
Well, you kind of have a lot of very differing options there, and I get the feeling a lot of it is centered around the choice of a control unit and coil being of primary concern with the whatever nail as a secondary concern.

I personally wouldn't get any of those options.
Errlectric - very expensive set-up. Nothing very innovative about their nails, just your standard good setup with nothing more than titanium or quartz for options. It reminds me of a company that had a great product five years ago, then failed to keep up with innovation or lower their prices accordingly when newer and better stuff came along.

High5 - Just a controller box with a proprietary coil that only works on their box so you have to keep buying their coils.

Divine Tribe - Primarily an atty guy, whose main focus is on atomizers, with simple e-nail offerings. Ok price for what you get, but again, just a standard Ti setup.

Mini Nail - Hybrid between a vape pen and rig setup imo. People like it for portable dabs though. Might be nice for some, but I don't feel it is worth it myself.

Gimido elite- Again, just a cheaper controller box, mostly unrelated to nail choice. No idea on their pin configuration for their coils.

In my opinion:
The nail is the only concern, with a whatever control box and coil doing the job of heating.

You should direct your focus on the dab surface.

Some companies have next gen options such as Silicone Carbide and Sapphire which you may or may not want to keep in consideration. The two companies offering said options decently at the moment are D-Nail and cca710 Liger.

Maybe you are just wanting the cheapest start? Check out this thread:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/gear-review-100-quartz-ti-dhgate-enail.23907/

At least with the cheap controller box, you also get the whole nail/carb cap setup to go along with it and see if you like it.

The best cheap control box option imo is auber instruments though. I think the RDK-200 with a coil is also only $105, has a standard pin arrangement for their coils and seems to be fairly on the level.

Finally, check out the twax flowerpot as well. Seems like a more affordable dry herb and concentrate option similar to the errlectric, and you can more easily piece-meal what you want/need in your kit.

I personally recommend a SiC nail and just be done with it. They offer next level flavor, and are pretty indestructible. You can torch the living hell out of it or flavor sip it on the e-nail. It is just the most versatile option on the market right now.

Last edited:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
A good summary from @seaofgreens! :tup:

Some sidenotes.

....or the Herborizer Ti for herbs and concentrates.

A lot of infos you'll get in this thread.

If you are looking for a cheap reliable nail controller the Auber seem to be the beast deal in opinion of most users. Never heard from one who is disapponted of them.
A chinese one directely ordered in china will not come cheaper.

If you want a state of the art controller look for the HexNail.

All the other expensive controllers like D-Nail etc. arent worth the higher costs. You should better invest the spared money in better nails.

1) A compromiss of performance and cost would be an Auber with D-Nail (concentrates only) or a hybrid like the Herborizer Ti or the NV Flower Pot (hybrids).

2) Highend in performance (concentrates only) is a combi of the HexNail with D-Nail (SiC/sapphire) or with CCA Liger.

Note that the HexNail will power the Sublimator and NV FP too, maybe also the Herborizer Ti in the future. If you should want one of this hybrids mostly for flowers you only need the heating parts not the controller. A way to have the best of all worlds without unnessecary costs for the regular controller for each of them.

So you could start with the HexNail and only the heating parts of Herborizer Ti or NV Flower Pot. If you want later a better performance for concentrates buy a nail from D-Nail or CCA in addition and you already have an excellent desktop solution for vaping flowers.

damm

I'd like to purchase an eNail this summer, but it's all a bit overwhelming. If quality is my most important requirement, which direction should?

I see many options, including:

Errlectric (w/ Infinity coil)
Divine Tribe
High5 Basic
Mini Nail
Gimido Elite

Open to any others! Compatible with 18mm male and female glass, I'd prefer only one nail but will consider two. I definitely want a carb cap and I assume my preference is for the 16-20mm coil with a titanium nail and optional quartz insert. At the same time a tightly set single coil also sounds nice.

Something I like about the Errlectric is the optional dry herb nail, but it's way too expensive ($300 USD). The herb bowl is only available in 14mm, requiring an adapter if you use 18mm. Do any other nails work with dry herb as well?

You forgot the Auber RDK series; I own the RDK-300 and it's under 100$ (okay 99$) and the coils are not going to soak you (45$ for a flat coil)

They have their own nail; but I am just referring to the components... it's hooked up currently to a D-Nail SiC dish Halo

Works fantastic

SoDelicious

Salted Caramel Ice Cream
I have been doing quite a bit of research (about 5 + months now) on what enail I should get and from everything I read I would personally get a Hex-Nail Controller + D-Nail Halo for concentrates.

As for dry herbs I am not 100% sure which one is the best but atm I can confirm that the sublimator + flowerpot will work with the Hex Nail. Personally if I had to choose between flower pot or sublimator I would choose the flower pot due to its 5 minute heat up time vs 30 minutes.

This is basically what my set-up will look like once I have purchase everything.

Then it's time for me to make a DIY rosin press :brow:

vbeazy

Many thanks!! @damm @Hogni @seaofgreens @SoDelicious

Very glad I asked for advice, it's saving money and I'm getting a better understanding of my options.

I've been considering the 'DHGate' eNail but I forgot to list it. I'd been keeping an eye on that $100 Chinese eNail thread but I still need to read more of the 'next generation enails'. While this and the Divine Tribe eNail seem reasonable, ultimately the RDK 300 is winning me over! The Hex Nail looks very nice, but at four times the investment.

Turning focus on an important aspect, the nail(s).

FlowerPot - Wanted for dry herbs! Only available for a 16mm coil
Highly Educated - Classic Ti & Quartz options, available for all coils
D-Nail SiC Halo - Is this compatible with Highly Educated H-Adapters?
Liger Banger 3.0 - I can't choose between 16mm or flat coil w/ SiC insert

Funny part is I originally wanted a 20mm coil but really it's not a good option for me. If the Halo is compatible with the HE, then all of these nails can be used with a 16mm coil. Is it worth purchasing a flat coil for a Liger 3.0 or SiC Halo? An extra coil costs $45 (assuming I were to purchase an RDK-300).

damm

Many thanks!! @damm @Hogni @seaofgreens @SoDelicious

Very glad I asked for advice, it's saving money and I'm getting a better understanding of my options.

I've been considering the 'DHGate' eNail but I forgot to list it. I'd been keeping an eye on that $100 Chinese eNail thread but I still need to read more of the 'next generation enails'. While this and the Divine Tribe eNail seem reasonable, ultimately the RDK 300 is winning me over! The Hex Nail looks very nice, but at four times the investment.

Hex Nail also will take time to ship; I think Summer is the target for new orders. But I haven't paid attention to that thread in awhile.

Turning focus on an important aspect, the nail(s).

FlowerPot - Wanted for dry herbs! Only available for a 16mm coil
Highly Educated - Classic Ti & Quartz options, available for all coils
D-Nail SiC Halo - Is this compatible with Highly Educated H-Adapters?
Liger Banger 3.0 - I can't choose between 16mm or flat coil w/ SiC insert

I use the D-Nail SiC halo using the Flat coil from Auber and it works. But I am using the Slim Series nail on it. It is compatible with the HE InfiniTi according to d-nail.com

Flat doesn't have any SiC inserts... if your really want a Banger 30mm flat coil with a SiC insert I can sell you mine. You'll get it faster than you would from josh; I need to cleanup the bucket but I am not sure it's worth it to me.

Funny part is I originally wanted a 20mm coil but really it's not a good option for me. If the Halo is compatible with the HE, then all of these nails can be used with a 16mm coil. Is it worth purchasing a flat coil for a Liger 3.0 or SiC Halo? An extra coil costs $45 (assuming I were to purchase an RDK-300).

Wrapping the bucket would be difficult on the 20mm; you'll get better heat retention than the flat coil however. Josh should still have some 16mm SiC until he runs out of stock

I am so happy with my SiC Halo that my backup dish got here. I don't think I'll break mine but I don't want to be bummed out :(

damm,

vbeazy

It is compatible with the HE InfiniTi according to d-nail.com

Flat doesn't have any SiC inserts... if your really want a Banger 30mm flat coil with a SiC insert I can sell you mine.

Thanks damm. If it's InfiniTi compatible, the SiC Halo and QX2S must both have the same threading (Highly Educated offers the QX2S on many different inserts including the InfiniTi). This would make the SiC Halo 16mm compatible.

Keeping in mind the D-Nail includes a female connector making it $80-90 cheaper than a comparable Highly Educated nail (quartz). Any opinions on the D-Nail Sapphire Inserts for $40?

I'd like to start with the SiC Halo ($120) & later on add the HE QX2S 16mm male kit ($200). This is a versatile combination, allowing me to use either SiC or QX2S on flat & 16mm coils in female joints. Also allowing me to use a flat coil on male joints with either the SiC or QX2S.

Damm, have you retired your Liger? Many thanks for the offer. I didn't plan to purchase one for a while as it's the most expensive on my wish list, although I'd love to try it. If you have it for sale in a couple months let's talk!!

vbeazy,

damm

Thanks damm. If it's InfiniTi compatible, the SiC Halo and QX2S must both have the same threading (Highly Educated offers the QX2S on many different inserts including the InfiniTi). This would make the SiC Halo 16mm compatible.

Keeping in mind the D-Nail includes a female connector making it $80-90 cheaper than a comparable Highly Educated nail (quartz). Any opinions on the D-Nail Sapphire Inserts for $40?
@herbivore21 gave me a really good suggestion on that. He recommend either the 1.4 chicago style deep dish or the v1 flat titanium dish from d-nail for use with the sapphire insert.

Damm, have you retired your Liger? Many thanks for the offer. I didn't plan to purchase one for a while as it's the most expensive on my wish list, although I'd love to try it. If you have it for sale in a couple months let's talk!!

Yeah the SiC halo won me over. I had some issues (I guess) with heat transferring into the product and it not vaporizing effectively at 600+

Same flat coil at 530 gives me full vaporization; it doesn't skid across the quartz and puddle in a corner.

No real interest in finding out if the SiC insert fixes it. The rusting on the intake bothers me a bit; the amount of concentrate and rusting in the bucket ..

I really don't have words; I ended up buying a replacement intake valve... it's still in the bag; the hurricane cap doesn't sit very well on bucket; it just kinda falls into place but there's nothing to lock it here or there... so if you don't get it right; you get bad airflow which might actually be a good thing.

It was about 360$ brand new for the Quartz and the SiC Insert; the 180$ I spent on the SiC Halo has made me 300x happier.

no PSL applied on my Auber RDK-300 so the 530 is actually pretty low end dabbing

Edited for herbivore's refined suggestions on the dish. I didn't see anything wrong with it in http://www.d-nail.com/nails/halo/d-nail-titanium-halo Myself.

Last edited:

vbeazy

What's this PSL you speak of?

@herbivore21 gave me a really good suggestion on that. Get the Titanium Halo and then grab the Sapphire Insert for 40$ if you want to go that route. You won't have to crank up the SiC dish really high in order to heatup the sapphire enough.

Thanks for sharing!

Is it worth an extra $90 for Ti Halo + Sapphire Insert? I read one post saying the SiC tastes better. I do like options but they come at a cost.

As for the Liger.. disappointing to hear. My ideal setup is also $360 USD so I will keep that in mind. The 16mm Banger design makes the most sense to me so I would go that route with Quartz and SiC inserts.

vbeazy,

herbivore21

@herbivore21 gave me a really good suggestion on that. Get the Titanium Halo and then grab the Sapphire Insert for 40$ if you want to go that route. You won't have to crank up the SiC dish really high in order to heatup the sapphire enough.
Whoa! I gotta correct this one, I do not recommend the titanium halo. I recommend either the 1.4 chicago style deep dish or the v1 flat titanium dish from d-nail for use with the sapphire insert. The d-nail sapphire insert IME functions well only when there is no chance of your dab dripping off the insert onto much hotter titanium etc, which is a big issue with the halo designs. The nails I mention above are much less likely to let your dab get off the sapphire and onto the titanium.

herbivore21,

damm

Whoa! I gotta correct this one, I do not recommend the titanium halo. I recommend either the 1.4 chicago style deep dish or the v1 flat titanium dish from d-nail for use with the sapphire insert. The d-nail sapphire insert IME functions well only when there is no chance of your dab dripping off the insert onto much hotter titanium etc, which is a big issue with the halo designs. The nails I mention above are much less likely to let your dab get off the sapphire and onto the titanium.

I updated the post to reflect your comment. I didn't know about which dish so I just went from the hip

What's this PSL you speak of?

PSL is the Temp correction coefficient on the Auber Nail. So you take a K type Thermocouple and crank it up to 700 and take 700 / current_temp to get this result. Helps the nail give realistic readouts on how hot the coil is.

Is it worth an extra $90 for Ti Halo + Sapphire Insert? I read one post saying the SiC tastes better. I do like options but they come at a cost.
Re-view the last post I updated it with @herbivore21's suggestions. He actually meant this one http://www.d-nail.com/nails/ti/d-nail-ti-v1-3-dish

As for the Liger.. disappointing to hear. My ideal setup is also $360 USD so I will keep that in mind. The 16mm Banger design makes the most sense to me so I would go that route with Quartz and SiC inserts.

You live and learn. Hype about the product is immense (just like the Hex Nail) and sometimes all it is just hype. I won't lie the big surface was nice to dab on; I never failed. But the large air pathway and heat problem (its a big bucket!) ... carb cap is just honestly the nail in the coffin

Sad part is this is v3

Last edited:
Top Bottom