• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Gear Enail choices...

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Personally, I don't want my Enail to have ANY sort of connectivity to any other device. Some hacker somewhere may figure out that he likes to turn on Enails remotely and burn people's homes down.

If your comment should regard to the Hex Nail its not quite correctly.
You have the choice to hold it online but you can drive it offline too. Also updates are possible offline.

Hogni,

damm

Does anyone know if the enail below is any good?

http://concentra710n.com/product/euronail-e-nail/

I found it may be the same as a gimido email http://gimido.bigcartel.com/product/small-enail-gimido-enail

First one looks like a pretty standard controller. For the price it doesn't look that bad; the other one has a the mini xlr which may limit you if you want to use other coils with it. (if the pinout is standard)

As far looks; there's only a few different controllers with the readout on the market... so you'll find a lot that look similar.

My first Errlectric is 2.5 years old and going strong! My MobilEnail by Errlectric is a portable beast. Personally, I don't want my Enail to have ANY sort of connectivity to any other device. Some hacker somewhere may figure out that he likes to turn on Enails remotely and burn people's homes down.

I feel your pain and agree with your sentiments exactly. Cloudpets originally had a problem with their mongo database exposed on the cloud; it was just upped by another hacker finding out how dumb their bluetooth is...

Hex-Nail (HN-01) - Pre-Orders are Live! (Updates & Much More to Come)

She and Liz worked with me earlier this week to SSH into the unit and change some settings but I havent cut the unit off since we did that.. Id rather just leave it on with the coil powered down than deal with some boot up issues Ive had.

Last edited:
damm,

PoopMachine

If you have a firewall, and let's be honest, everyone does even if they don't know it, the ports Hexnail users aren't open to the internet so you'd have to NAT it for anyone to be able to access it outside your LAN.

PoopMachine,
Reactions: Baron23

damm

If you have a firewall, and let's be honest, everyone does even if they don't know it, the ports Hexnail users aren't open to the internet so you'd have to NAT it for anyone to be able to access it outside your LAN.

I have a Dual Stack Network; there are certain parts of my network I can control ingress and to a degree what level. But unfortunately welcome to 2017 I can lock down my access coming in over ipv4 but very little can be done about ipv6.

It gets it's own ip; and depending what AP is providing access I may not have any ability to limit access.

Yes I have many devices that are insecure that I really cannot lock down. If people guess the ip of my Roku they can change channels on it using the HTTP api it exposes...

Doesn't mean I will downgrade to ipv4 only; need to blame companies who have bad defaults more often.

damm,

herbivore21

If your comment should regard to the Hex Nail its not quite correctly.
You have the choice to hold it online but you can drive it offline too. Also updates are possible offline.
Updates are not possible as of yet offline for the Hex-nail man, unless they've put some kind of USB interface in or something in the last week while I wasn't looking (they do plan to implement this later, but it is not a current feature)? You can indeed turn off the wireless adapter on the device in the software, but you cannot update the device without network connectivity to my knowledge.

herbivore21,
Reactions: DieHard

Hogni

May be offline updates arent possible atm but this possibility will come in the nearest future - so they have told. Actually there is no update too ;-)

EDIT: Oups! Since today there seems to be an update

Hogni,

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
Just for clarity, Errlectric'd firmware is fully updatable. They have already made one available adding cleaning mode, odometer and other settings. However the controller must be sent in for these updates.

throwawaytre3s

I just want to weigh in here and say that it really doesn't matter (in my opinion) what nail you have, beyond material used for the dish. The only real difference is features that are (in my opinion) completely useless. I don't need to program uptemping into it, or have two nails going at once (I do understand the utility of that for someone who's squishing their own buds though, for a heat press) , or control it from my phone via bluetooth. I need to to heat up a 1" around resistance coil to a specific temperature, and hold it there indefinitely. That's it.

If I want to uptemp I can turn it off (mine even has a separate switch for the coil itself, so I can see the temp drop if I turn it off!), then turn it back on and put my concentrate on when it reaches a low temp and cap it. I think that (once again here, in my opinion), your best bet is a high5 e-nail, mine's vapecode, which is just the same controller with a different branding and a different coil adapter on the controller. Or an auber controller, their $50 one was recommended here earlier. The reason I recommend a high5 or similar kit is because they can be had for the same price as piecing together a controller, coil, and nail, even online. Plus it all comes as one.

I personally prefer the titanium flat coil, but I'm hoping to switch to a hybrid eventually, quartz/titanium flat coil, for the flavor. I have a preference personally for flat coils because it heats up the bottom of the dish, rather than the side, as with many quartz banger style e-nails.

Just my :2c:

throwawaytre3s,
Reactions: CalyxSmokr

matthend

After starting this thread, I picked up a 710whip at the 2015 Cannabis Cup. i can honestly say this thing has served me incredibly well for almost two years. I do lust after a Liger with a hexnail controller, but nothing has convinced me that it would be that much better than what I currently have. The cap design eliminates the need for capping after you dab, and the taste is always fantastic. For $100 all in, I would say this is the best investment I have made in this area by far.

disGRUNTled

My Enail set up ....
IStQg58.jpg

zDNXVGV.jpg

Hogni

Yes, the New Vape Fower Pot is a fine looking device! How does it work for you?

Hogni,
Reactions: shredder

damm

https://www.thickassglass.com/produ...removable-silicon-carbide-dish-14-18mm-female

Any comments on the worthiness of this thick ass glass silicone carbide nail and dish? It looks like a deal at $29. Or a review of their pid controlers as long as I'm asking?

Compared to a pid from dnail, or a sic nail from them, it's very reasonable, if they're any good, that is.
I like the bolt (that doubles as the vapor path) and square lugs... lol i don't imagine those to be titanium? I mean it looks like they took a standard bolt and bored a hole in it..

Gosh I hope I am wrong

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
https://www.thickassglass.com/produ...removable-silicon-carbide-dish-14-18mm-female

Any comments on the worthiness of this thick ass glass silicone carbide nail and dish? It looks like a deal at $29. Or a review of their pid controlers as long as I'm asking?

Compared to a pid from dnail, or a sic nail from them, it's very reasonable, if they're any good, that is.
I have that nail and it is an improvement over quartz, however the nut that holds the sic dish down is quite intrusive. I cut a portion of the nut off of mine which opened things up for larger dabs. I cannot compare to higher quality nails, but I surely enjoy it and find it extremely durable and easy to maintain.

I run the nail on an RDK-200 with a flat coil. Its my top quality budget setup...but I am watching you Liger/D-Nail and Hexnail

Edit: TAG claims the nut is titanium and sends an extra with the kit. It is SS or Titanium because I torched it prior to using it and there was no sign of off gassing or anything.

shredder

I have that nail and it is an improvement over quartz, however the nut that holds the sic dish down is quite intrusive. I cut a portion of the nut off of mine which opened things up for larger dabs. I cannot compare to higher quality nails, but I surely enjoy it and find it extremely durable and easy to maintain.

I run the nail on an RDK-200 with a flat coil. Its my top quality budget setup...but I am watching you Liger/D-Nail and Hexnail

Edit: TAG claims the nut is titanium and sends an extra with the kit. It is SS or Titanium because I torched it prior to using it and there was no sign of off gassing or anything.

Thanks for your reply! I see what you mean, it does look tight due to the nut. I imagine the nut gets funky too from splashing and bumbing. But I'm curious about the dish itself. How do you clean it?

Are there other SIC enail options that don't cost an arm n leg? I was actually looking at pid controlers when I found these. But I've been leaning towards SIC type enails as well. So many choices, so little experience, lol.

shredder,
Reactions: Morty

Tomfool86

I've got the hybrid nail from yo dabba dabba and I don't think I get very good flavor. Seems to like to puddle. Anyone else have any experience with this company or their products? And out of the 6 quartz dishes I have, 2 fit ok. The nut barely grabs any thread with the others. The whole nail was just kind of a turn off. So I'm quite interested in a sic dish too? Wasn't sure if there's a dish that would fit this nail or if id need a whole new nail? Either way curious what you find out!
Thanks for your reply! I see what you mean, it does look tight due to the nut. I imagine the nut gets funky too from splashing and bumbing. But I'm curious about the dish itself. How do you clean it?

Are there other SIC enail options that don't cost an arm n leg? I was actually looking at pid controlers when I found these. But I've been leaning towards SIC type enails as well. So many choices, so little experience, lol.

Tomfool86,

damm

I've got the hybrid nail from yo dabba dabba and I don't think I get very good flavor. Seems to like to puddle. Anyone else have any experience with this company or their products? And out of the 6 quartz dishes I have, 2 fit ok. The nut barely grabs any thread with the others. The whole nail was just kind of a turn off. So I'm quite interested in a sic dish too? Wasn't sure if there's a dish that would fit this nail or if id need a whole new nail? Either way curious what you find out!
You mean This? yeah there's a few other companies with similar setups.

1. TheMiniNail has one
2. SantaCruz Shredder has the OmniQ
3. Thickassglass has one

Having 2 out of 6 dishes fit is pretty bad; I hope you can contact them and get that fixed. I don't imagine there's a SiC dish for that

damm,

herbivore21

The pooling is to be expected brother. This is not wicking quartz, it is a very small surface area and it is not efficiently distributing heat. The problem with the HE quartz hybrids and the many other knock-offs is that the dish is considerably smaller than the d-nail halos and the Ligers and bangers etc that folks tend to use these days. Because of this, much of the oil is sitting on top of other oil and gets limited conductive heat from the dish surface. Quartz is not porous and without capillaries like the d-nail halo, it does not spread your oil around the dish at all. If you drop your dab in one place, if your dish is sitting on an angle, even if you take the time to carefully spread it around the dish (this will get the best results!!!) the oil will all pool to that spot on the dish. It will boil very inefficiently even when properly spread because quartz is a lacklustre heat conductor compared to SiC and Sapphire. Slow-boiling pooled oil on quartz will taste awful by the time about the first 1/3-1/2 of it has vaporized.

Cribnotes:

* HE quartz hybrids and all the other knock-offs will give you shittier performance than even other quartz nails due to inadequate surface area leading to insufficient heat conduction to the oil to vaporize it all quickly and efficiently.

* Larger quartz dishes will work better, especially if they assist you in spreading the oil around (directional carb caps like Pukinbeagle make for example, the d-nail halo carb cap which vortexes airflow to spread the oil evenly, the d-nail quartz halo has capillaries in the surface which spread your dab better without your needing to do anything).

* In the end, quartz is still inferior to sapphire and SiC, no matter which of the above features are included. If you are truly done with wasting to taste your concentrates, it is time to move away from quartz.

* Final note: The ThickAssGlass SiC knock-off is too small for all but the smallest dabs (the retaining nut is also shaped in a way that limits dabbing surface area). I do not recommend it. Get the d-nail SiC, since the only other SiC option is the Liger (which I also own) and that is considerably more expensive and not as easy for torch use, because you have to torch a big titanium bucket to get the heat into your SiC insert, which will rapidly oxidize your titanium and ruin the anodized finish.

The SiC halo allows you to torch the SiC directly and the dish on the SiC halo is big enough to keep up with large dabs, even if the 30mm liger offers more surface area still (IMO this is best suited to unpressed full melt and flakey crumble consistencies that need a shovel tool).

Tomfool86

You mean This? yeah there's a few other companies with similar setups.

1. TheMiniNail has one
2. SantaCruz Shredder has the OmniQ
3. Thickassglass has one

Having 2 out of 6 dishes fit is pretty bad; I hope you can contact them and get that fixed. I don't imagine there's a SiC dish for that
Thanks for the quick replies guys. I am pretty sure I'll upgrade to the dnail or liger eventually, but was going to try to find a cheaper option in the short term. I'll check out the 3 you posted. I've heard of tag but not the other 2.
The pooling is to be expected brother. This is not wicking quartz, it is a very small surface area and it is not efficiently distributing heat. The problem with the HE quartz hybrids and the many other knock-offs is that the dish is considerably smaller than the d-nail halos and the Ligers and bangers etc that folks tend to use these days. Because of this, much of the oil is sitting on top of other oil and gets limited conductive heat from the dish surface. Quartz is not porous and without capillaries like the d-nail halo, it does not spread your oil around the dish at all. If you drop your dab in one place, if your dish is sitting on an angle, even if you take the time to carefully spread it around the dish (this will get the best results!!!) the oil will all pool to that spot on the dish. It will boil very inefficiently even when properly spread because quartz is a lacklustre heat conductor compared to SiC and Sapphire. Slow-boiling pooled oil on quartz will taste awful by the time about the first 1/3-1/2 of it has vaporized.

Cribnotes:

* HE quartz hybrids and all the other knock-offs will give you shittier performance than even other quartz nails due to inadequate surface area leading to insufficient heat conduction to the oil to vaporize it all quickly and efficiently.

* Larger quartz dishes will work better, especially if they assist you in spreading the oil around (directional carb caps like Pukinbeagle make for example, the d-nail halo carb cap which vortexes airflow to spread the oil evenly, the d-nail quartz halo has capillaries in the surface which spread your dab better without your needing to do anything).

* In the end, quartz is still inferior to sapphire and SiC, no matter which of the above features are included. If you are truly done with wasting to taste your concentrates, it is time to move away from quartz.

* Final note: The ThickAssGlass SiC knock-off is too small for all but the smallest dabs (the retaining nut is also shaped in a way that limits dabbing surface area). I do not recommend it. Get the d-nail SiC, since the only other SiC option is the Liger (which I also own) and that is considerably more expensive and not as easy for torch use, because you have to torch a big titanium bucket to get the heat into your SiC insert, which will rapidly oxidize your titanium and ruin the anodized finish.

The SiC halo allows you to torch the SiC directly and the dish on the SiC halo is big enough to keep up with large dabs, even if the 30mm liger offers more surface area still (IMO this is best suited to unpressed full melt and flakey crumble consistencies that need a shovel tool).
Thank you for the detailed response. Clears alot of thing up I'd been wondering about. Is a flat coil what I want for use with the sic dishes? I plan on moving to full melt hash and rosin within the year, so maybe I'll end up skipping the small nails and just go with the liger. Won't really be using a torch much other than cleaning. (As long as that's ok with sic, new to sic )

Tomfool86,

shredder

Great thread guys! Matthend, your questions were the same as mine pretty much. Thanks again for making this thread. I'm (slightly) less confused now, lol.

Herbivore21, you've convinced me. I ordered a sic enail package from dnail, and a saphire insert. Along with a pid controller from thick ass glass. The controller was $159. Plus I ordered a taller pipe from tag. I use a low table while vaping, and wanted taller glass so as to not have to pick my rig up.

I just could not justify the package price from dnail. With a cheaper pid controller I was able to afford a nice pipe, some adaptors and still save a little $$ over a dnail complete kit.

Last edited:
shredder,
Reactions: Morty

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!

I must disagree with some things you mentioned about the ThickAssGlass SiC knock-off. With the retaining nut on I do agree the nail/dish is only good for small dabs. However, if you remove the nut or cut a 1/4 of the nut off you open this thing back up to being able to take dabs just as big as any other nail. I don't see any major difference in size of the actual nail/dish compared to a d-nail SiC halo. In fact, from what I have gathered the TAG dish has deeper walls and possibly a smaller inner diameter which would allow for larger dabs than what the SiC halo can provide.

Also, I have used the same suggested torching techniques and timespans as recommend by D-Nail on the TAG sic dish when I did torch it.

I am not saying everyone should get the TAG SiC dish or that it is better than the D-Nail SiC Halo. I am just saying this one should not be completely thrown out. Cutting a 1/4 off a nut with a hacksaw is something almost anyone can do so its not a hard DIY task if someone wants to save a little money.

I do wonder about this wicking surface on the D-Nail SiC Halo. Currently, this is the only advantage the D-Nail SiC Halo may have over the TAG SiC dish. Oh, and the Sapphire insert! It still has me itching to get a D-Nail SiC halo and Sapphire insert one of these days to truly compare.

nosmoking,

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician

I must disagree with some things you mentioned about the ThickAssGlass SiC knock-off. With the retaining nut on I do agree the nail/dish is only good for small dabs. However, if you remove the nut or cut a 1/4 of the nut off you open this thing back up to being able to take dabs just as big as any other nail. I don't see any major difference in size of the actual nail/dish compared to a d-nail SiC halo. In fact, from what I have gathered the TAG dish has deeper walls and possibly a smaller inner diameter which would allow for larger dabs than what the SiC halo can provide.

Also, I have used the same suggested torching techniques and timespans as recommend by D-Nail on the TAG sic dish when I did torch it.

I am not saying everyone should get the TAG SiC dish or that it is better than the D-Nail SiC Halo. I am just saying this one should not be completely thrown out. Cutting a 1/4 off a nut with a hacksaw is something almost anyone can do so its not a hard DIY task if someone wants to save a little money.

I do wonder about this wicking surface on the D-Nail SiC Halo. Currently, this is the only advantage the D-Nail SiC Halo may have over the TAG SiC dish. Oh, and the Sapphire insert! It still has me itching to get a D-Nail SiC halo and Sapphire insert one of these days to truly compare.

I own a D-nail Halo and had the opportunity to try a friend's TAG SiC dish recently.

The TAG dish is much thinner, and much smaller. The dish itself has less mass than the D-Nail Halo. The TAG doesn't retain as much heat due to thin ness (although to be honest SiC doesn't have huge heat retention capabilities, it's the heat transfer capabilities we care so much about) and the 'channel' that oil is dabbed into is MUCH thinner than the D-Nail Halo

TAG is also MUCH deeper, which makes it harder to get the dab on to the base of the dish. I would NOT put as big of a dab as I throw in my D-Nail SiC into the TAG SiC,: it's smaller in capacity, regardless of the "volume when filled". You simply don't "fill" a dabbing dish.. it's the surface area that counts and TAG's has a lot less.

Most of the time when my homie rolled up shatter balls to stick on the dabber and dab, the dab would hit both walls on the way in or the Nut which is more intrusive on the TAG design), and often, some oil would be lost going inside the nut or outside of the dish.

This simply does not EVER occur on the D-nail dish because its shape is more optimized; it is shorter, and wider, and has a much larger area to dab into without wasting your dab with oil "missed".

The homie had never considered the D nail brand equipment, but since I'd brought my gear along for a back to back comparison - once he used the D nail stuff and realized how much better the Slim series holds the Halo than his InfiniTi nail, and how much more 'dialed' the D nail components are, he's now looking to upgrade his TAG SiC set-up to D-Nail.

So, in short @nosmoking I think there are far more advantages to the D-nail halo than you have guessed at, without having the opportunity to use both.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
I own a D-nail Halo and had the opportunity to try a friend's TAG SiC dish recently.

The TAG dish is much thinner, and much smaller. The dish itself has less mass than the D-Nail Halo. The TAG doesn't retain as much heat due to thin ness (although to be honest SiC doesn't have huge heat retention capabilities, it's the heat transfer capabilities we care so much about) and the 'channel' that oil is dabbed into is MUCH thinner than the D-Nail Halo

TAG is also MUCH deeper, which makes it harder to get the dab on to the base of the dish. I would NOT put as big of a dab as I throw in my D-Nail SiC into the TAG SiC,: it's smaller in capacity, regardless of the "volume when filled". You simply don't "fill" a dabbing dish.. it's the surface area that counts and TAG's has a lot less.

Most of the time when my homie rolled up shatter balls to stick on the dabber and dab, the dab would hit both walls on the way in or the Nut which is more intrusive on the TAG design), and often, some oil would be lost going inside the nut or outside of the dish.

This simply does not EVER occur on the D-nail dish because its shape is more optimized; it is shorter, and wider, and has a much larger area to dab into without wasting your dab with oil "missed".

The homie had never considered the D nail brand equipment, but since I'd brought my gear along for a back to back comparison - once he used the D nail stuff and realized how much better the Slim series holds the Halo than his InfiniTi nail, and how much more 'dialed' the D nail components are, he's now looking to upgrade his TAG SiC set-up to D-Nail.

So, in short @nosmoking I think there are far more advantages to the D-nail halo than you have guessed at, without having the opportunity to use both.
I am glad you could clear a lot of my guesses up with actual experience. Now you have definitely made some good points to help me and others like me digest the difference in cost when they go ahead and take the plunge for the D-Nail SiC setup.

Top Bottom