Discontinued Elo Vaporizer by Illimite Concept

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I don't have the updated chip, but I have the silicone gasket with the lip on it which I think you said was the newer version. I'm ok with the loose screen so I'm not bothered I don't have it. It looks more convenient loading flower, but more annoying to get in and out of there to clean. I guess thinking of it that way I'd rather have that version for easier loading/unloading.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
nosmoking,

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
If I'd known we were all refunded - without sending it in, I would have gifted it to you. But I was the first one having (health) issues and sent it back. About one month ago. It should have arrived back at Ken's. Hope he keeps his word to refund the rest on arrival. Tried to reach him last week, no reply yet.:\

Peace

EDIT:

Just checked out their website. It's down...

Store Unavailable

This store is currently unavailable due to maintenance. It should be available again shortly.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused.​

Yiikes.. hope I get my money back. Still no reply eiter from Jacky nor from Ken... :ugh:

Last edited:

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
If I'd known we were all refunded - without sending it in, I would have gifted it to you. But I was the first one having (health) issues and sent it back. About one month ago. It should have arrived back at Ken's. Hope he keeps his word to refund the rest on arrival. Tried to reach him last week, no reply yet.:\

Peace

EDIT:

Just checked out their website. It's down...

Store Unavailable

This store is currently unavailable due to maintenance. It should be available again shortly.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused.​

Yiikes.. hope I get my money back. Still no reply eiter from Jacky nor from Ken... :ugh:

It would be so weird to refund everyone's and not do yours because it was being sent back. He didn't do yours when he did everyone else's? I might not have noticed if I hadn't gone to check my paypal account after people posted about it in here.

I hope you get your money back.

StormyPinkness,
Reactions: vapen00b

vapen00b

It would be so weird to refund everyone's and not do yours because it was being sent back. He didn't do yours when he did everyone else's? I might not have noticed if I hadn't gone to check my paypal account after people posted about it in here.

I hope you get your money back.

Thanks man. Yeah, l got a partial refund. Waiting now for 38$ still. Had to pay extra to receive it from ups and further costs for shipping it back to Ken Hui. :(

vapen00b

Tried to reach out for Illimite concepts several time more... No response, still waiting for my money.
I feel pretty f***ed and cannot say a nice single word about it. Still hope Ken Hui is an honorable man and will give me my money back as he said. The unit has re-arrived there, no reaction though. What more is left to say? I want the good guys to succeed - not sure, if he's one of them anymore...

EDIT: I found his facebook page but I'm not on FB... If anyone is also looking to contact him, it might be worth a try: https://www.facebook.com/ken.hui.731
@Just Justin Did you try to reach out for him on FB?

Last edited:
vapen00b,

Just Justin

Hey, I also do not have FB....I have been trying to contact Illimite too with no luck. I think the company could be going through some changes but I am still trying to figure out what's up. I'm not feeling nearly as good as I did about this product when I was able to contact Ken......I hope Illimite comes around and improves their product and makes contact because I still have a lot of hope for the Elo, its got a lot of potential and if they just change a few minor things, it could be a great vape, especially given the price.

Just Justin

Hello Illimite Concepts?????? Can you please provide some information on your company and the Elo? Whats the DEAL?????

To all those who have an Elo: I'm still using mine but if they wont make it better, I'm gonna try. I tried vaping a Chip without the plastic outer section, so it was just the metal chamber with the metal grate/top snapped on, inside the oven and I thought it removed most of the "plastic" taste...maybe I'm jumping to conclusions but maybe a metal outer part of the Chip would solve most of the off tastes that people were having issue with. I still find mine to be fine unless I have a longer session, then I notice the smell/taste more.

Any other Elo users out there?

Last edited:

vapen00b

I'm still pretty pissed about Ken and Illimite Concepts. Never received the rest of my refund and kept trying to reach out for him via email. Nothing.
Their website is down ever since, their Facebook site not updated since Feb. too. Ken has a profile on FB but I'm not on Facebook - otherwise I've gone that option to face him with his promises.
I think this company is history.
If anyone's in need to get his fb account info, just message me and I'm glad to help.

Last edited:

vapen00b

Update: a week ago I was messaged by Ken offering me to refund my money. Today I received it.
End of the story... Thank you Ken. Hope to see you around some day in the future with another project. Best of luck.

Vitolo

Vaporist
Separate post due to separate line of thought.
I became a master of loading/unloading, taking apart and reassembling as I am sure many of you have.
The meds in the chip were toasted an even brown at 392ºF and the unit was warm... but for the life of me I could not produce visible vapor.
I did feel some minor effect , but it may just have been the deep breathing exercises I had done.
This unit was donated to me to give to a patient.
As concept it appeared convincing, but I am sympathetic to those of you who feel dissatisfaction with the unit.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Separate post due to separate line of thought.
I became a master of loading/unloading, taking apart and reassembling as I am sure many of you have.
The meds in the chip were toasted an even brown at 392ºF and the unit was warm... but for the life of me I could not produce visible vapor.
I did feel some minor effect , but it may just have been the deep breathing exercises I had done.
This unit was donated to me to give to a patient.
As concept it appeared convincing, but I am sympathetic to those of you who feel dissatisfaction with the unit.
I felt the effects and the taste was pretty good to me, but never much vapor. On the higher temp settings maybe, but my throat couldn't handle it. I like a lot about the elo, it needed some more work though.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I wonder to what extent the change to the air path that I made them implement is responsible for the unfavorable vapor/air ratio. I mean, if they designed the system for a given restriction with the convoluted air intake creating a certain amount of drag, maybe the last minute change did lower said drag and screwed the delicate balance?

Alternatively, we know that there are several possible air ingress points on the downstream part (between the capsule and the user mouth) : the capsule matings and the telescoping stems matings. This surely must dilute the vapor...

I could compare between the prototype and the updated unit but I simply can't bare the taste of that bloody silicone glue. But maybe @Vitolo you could try drawing uber slowly and softly, like with the Ascent or the Firefly? Try creating the restriction yourself by restraining your draw. Otherwise, maybe rigging some kind of extension to the lower stem with silicone tubing... to make a single long straw... I dunno. :shrug:

Just Justin

Its a sad shame that this vaporizer is no more....maybe not? Hopefully not! I am still using mine and I really like it still but I definitely agree there is plenty of room for improvement, namely the air / vapor paths need to be sealed better for maximum convection output. If they fixed that and replaced more of the plastic and Silicone with better plastic and Silicone and / or metal, this would be a bad ass vape but it is bigger than most now. Also, a removable battery is a must. There is so much potential. LONG LIVE ELO!!!!!!!

Top Bottom